Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
coach
coach
OK the max has been reached on this topic!
100 posts is enough!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2004, let me have one post before you close it [Wink]

Feno, Let me first address your Ronaldo point.

All the things you state WERE true. Ronaldo is not even half the player he was. If Real madrid could unload him they would. The realisim is there would be very few takers for an overpaid injury prone, somewhat brilliant striker.

As for his stats, and i really dont hold stats in too high esteem.

up to this season:
Club-
Apps:262
Goals:204

Natl team-
Apps:91
Goals:58

Now figure this out of his total 204 goals, 44 have come in his frist three seasons. 1 in Brasil and 2 in Holland.

Majeta Kezman, who flunked badly in the premier league scored 74 goals in three seasons in the dutch top dividios, so those statistics can be a bit misleading.

On to the awards that Ronaldo had bestwoed on him. Yes he deserved them, but think about what Schevchenko, Best or Ibrihimovic would have achieved in those Brasil sides that Ronaldo quite rightly led.

As you said, " don't think Nistelroy or Shevshenko, or Totti, or Eto, or Cisse, or Drogba, or Berkam, or whoever you want to mention can compete againts Big Rony! You do have a point, Ronaldo is not the same as he used to be, but he is still the best striker in the world. Ronaldinho and Adriano have a loooong way to go."

I disagree Ronaldo is NOT the best striker in the world below is a list of strikers that could be, have been, and still are the best in the world:

T. Henry (Arsenal/France)
Club goals:160
Club apps:317
INT goals:31
INT apps:73

Henry's statistics are among the most impressive. Converted from a winger to a world class striker byt Gunners boss Arsene Wenger, Henrys pace, power and exqisite touch have him pegged as the most dangerous striker in the EPL.

A. Schevchenko (AC Milan/Ukraine)

Club goals:168
Club apps:300
INT goals:28
INT apps:65

'Shevers' as he is known has been the main man not only at milan but in the whole of Italy in the last few years. An abundtly powerful striker who can score at will with bothe feet and his head. Is equally comfortable putting them away from 3 yards or 30 yards. Absolute class.

M. Owen (Newcastle/England)

Club goals: 129
Club apps: 252
INT goals: 34
INT apps: 72

The stereotypical "fox in the box" If you had to put your house on somebody scoring in a one on one Owen would be your man. With a nose for goal that is unrivaled, If its in the box with Owen around, then it might as well be 1-0.

Adriano (Inter/Brasil)

Club goals: 60
Club apps: 120
INT goals 20
INT apps: 29

Quite possibly the most explosive player to play the game, his raw pace, power and devestating left foot have defenders constantly backing off or needlessly diving in. Adriano has everything a modern pro needs. Perhaps his most impressive stat is his loyalty. With Chelsea ready to throw untold millions at him this summer he opted to help the club that groomed (and loaned) him. Inter.

R. Van Nistelrooy (Man Utd/Holland)
Club goals: 166
Club apps: 282
INT goals: 25
INT apps: 47

Although many of his goals were scored in the dutch league, he managed to transfer that awesome goalscoring record inot the EPL and the CL. This man loves to score and scores for fun, he has a knack of being in the right place at the right time, and even though he himself has had his injury problems he continues to score goals at the highest level.

S. Eto’o (Barcelona/Cameroon)

Club goals: 81
Club apps: 207
INT goals: 9
INT apps: 54

Pace, Pace, Pace, Eto’o scares the bejeebus out ofdefenders because for 90 mins he runs at them with pace. And if theres one thing defenders don’t like its forwardsw ith pace. Although maybe not the most clinical of finishers, Eto’o never lets of the gas and if you give him an inch he will take a mile.

W. Rooney (Man Utd/England)

Club goals: 26
Club apps: 94
INT goals: 10
INT apps: 25

Rooneys contribution to his team cannot just be measured in goals, which he scores plenty of. But more in the chaos he causes when he picks up the ball from deep and runs at defenders. Looking like a sherman tank coming towards you, defneders seem to not relish any physical contact with the man child who has only just turned 19.

C. Vieri (Milan/Italy)

Club goals: 180
Club apps: 317
INT goals: 22
INT apps: 44

The only player that’s had more clubs than Jack Nicklaus. A great old fashioned center forward that gets it done where ever he goes is now reachign the end of a long and distinguished carreer. If you want one man up top leading the front line then Vieris your man. I wouldn’t fancy marking him, is the greatest compliment I can pay him.

Z. Ibrahimovic (Juventus/Sweden)

Club goals: 67
Club apps: 149
INT goals:10
INT apps: 28

Another player that is not a natural goalscorer, but is a wizard with the ball at his feet. Fro a big man he has a wondefull touch and a creative force that belies his strength. Currently leading the line for Juve. If he wasn’t getting it done, hed be out on his ear. As it is, he starts every game he is fit for!

D. Trezeguet (Juventus/France)

Club goals: 124
Club apps: 217
INT goals: 31
INT apps: 58

The frenchamn who came out of nowhere during Euro 2000 is now considered one of the worlds most dangerous forwards. Great technique coupled with an athletic body that a wide reciver would give his right arm for (yes that good!) Trezeguet is one of Europes most dangerous marksmen.

NOTE: All stats are before this new season has got underway. For my money there is a lot of strikers here that could have made the list (think Tevez, Robinho, Martins) however as wonderful as Soccer/Futbol/Football is everyone has there opinions. And that is the beauty of it.

Also for Me Ronaldinho is a ‘10’ a player that plays in the hole and therefore not a true striker.

And Yes I watch a lot of FSC and GolTV!!!!

corner kick
corner kick
again, i can't argue with jose. You said it perfect.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is it that no one argues with me when I post my opinions?? [Confused]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Feno,
What school in Miami is looking at you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its a private school, St Thomas, but I'm talking to other Coaches from around here, we'll see which one is the best for my brother and I.

For Jose... nahh I still think Ronaldo is the best for now. None of those young players can play ball like Ronaldo in his younger years.

1st they have to win 3 FIFA player of the year, then you can compare them with Big Rony! FIFA player of the year is only given to the best, the best! It does not matter if you play for Brasil or Madrid... but for some reason Madrid players always are nominated...

Footballer, yeah Mexico did kill Holland and Brasil, Mexico is coming up really strong with its youth soccer.

goal
goal
Awesome, now you can show your sweet skills when your losing to Savannah College of Art and Design!

(that really happened, by the way)

Feminin, your a loser and you suck! If you were so good you would play at a better institution. Whats wrong scared to go for it, or deep down you realize that your mouth is bigger than your play. Personnally I think it's both. But you better hurry and get on with the Bobcats before you lose all your eligibility.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Feno,

First of all i wasnt comparing them with the Ronaldo of years past. That is not only unfair but pointless. Then you would have to compare Ronaldo to Pele, which is unfair to Ronaldo as he couldnt lace Peles boots. Dont get so hung up on past glories. Ronaldo is nowhere the amazing (and best at that time) player he was in the past.

He derseved all his accolades THEN.

Now he is well past his best. Take off those Ronaldo tinted spectacles and embrace the FACT.

As for those awards that you mention, like all awards rarely does everybody who deserves to get recognized do so. Yes only one person can get the top award, and it usually goes to the flahsiest, most prominent person (in Ronaldo's case i do think they got it right, he was the best at THAT time) however you have to remember the Gattuso's, Dunga's and Thuram's of this world if you are to consider overall contribution to great teams.

Keep an eye on Adriano, he is class and has already taken Ronaldo's crown on the national team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AH2K3

"Feminin, your a loser and you suck! If you were so good you would play at a better institution. Whats wrong scared to go for it, or deep down you realize that your mouth is bigger than your play. Personnally I think it's both. But you better hurry and get on with the Bobcats before you lose all your eligibility."

Let me tell you something you little crap!

If I go to play somewhere else would be because of scholarships! Plus soccer at Miami should be waaaay more competetive because of the Latino Community over there! As a matter of fact, the Coach at St Thomas was telling me how 2 kids from his team are going to MLS and one of them to Germany!

I'M NOT SCARE OF SOUTH AMERICANS, WHY WOULD I BE SCARE OF COLLEGE KIDS?

YEAH IF I DECIDE NOT TO GO AND STAY IN COLUMBIA, I WILL BE TRYING OUT FOR USC, I'VE NEVER BEEN REJECTED FROM ANY SOCCER TEAM EVER!!! I GREW UP IN CD AGUILA A TEAM WITH 13 NATIONAL TITLES!

I DID PLAY TWO YEARS WITH COREY LUGGER, AN ALL AMERICAN WHO HAPPENS TO BE DOING AWESOME IN D1, I KNOW I CAN PLAY WITH KIDS AT THAT LEVEL, AS I SAID BEFORE "IF YOU ARE GOOD, YOU'RE GOOD."

Miami is just more "Latino Environment," not that I have something againts SC, but I'll love to live in a place like Miami, next to South Beach!!!!

I don't know why I ever bother to answer you... anyways I'M THE MEAN ONE AND THE CONTROVERSIAL? I'M THE ONE WHO BRINGS TROUBLE!

" I'm scare of a real -athlete- breaking my legs but I'm not scare of doing: sombreritos, tunelitos, taquitos, tijeretas, chilenas, pifias, regates, recortes, quiebres de cintura, palomitas, culebritas, gambetas, bycicletas, cuastemillas, escorpiones, tunquitos... haha and all those moves that make FUTBOL THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SPORT IN THE WORLD!"

Yep, the futbol enciclopedia is waaaay too big for the soccer dictionary!

Goal
Goal
"sombreritos, tunelitos, taquitos, tijeretas, chilenas, pifias, regates, recortes, quiebres de cintura, palomitas, culebritas, gambetas, bycicletas, cuastemillas, escorpiones, tunquitos"

This is why I order by number at Mexican restaurants. [Big Grin]

Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard