Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
South Carolina (12-6-2) and Wake Forest (11-7-2) will play either Saturday or Sunday ... The winner will play at #10 national seed Old Dominion (15-3-2) on November 22 ... On the other side of this bracket is Ohio State (11-7-2) at Santa Clara (12-6-2) and that match winner will play at #7 national seed California (13-3-2).

Coastal Carolina (11-8-1) will play at Clemson (11-5-3) in the First Round and the winner of that game will play at #14 national seed North Carolina State (11-6-1) next Tuesday.

Maryland is the #1 national seed followed by New Mexico, Indiana, and North Carolina.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well it could be looked at as what goes around comes around. Last year SoCOn Champ CofC had to travel to USC. There have been many years that USC should have traveled but McGee "bought" home games for the Gamecocks.

With that being said......USC got SCREWED big time!!!

Clemson got off pretty darn good. they match up well w/ NCSU IF they can get by Jordie Hughes and Coastal!@!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They just got screwed! Whats up with CESA in Cola?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What ever.......you nino and loc dog sure seem to know the CESA way.....come on dog hook a brotha up.

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Not taking sides in this issue since I am a South Carolina fan, but perhaps the NCAA Tournament Committtee considered the fact that the Gamecocks were 0-3-0 vs. Atlantic Coast Conference teams in 2005, including a 0-3 loss vs. Wake Forest at Chapel Hill in the NIKE Classic. USC also lost at Clemson (1-2 ot) and at North Carolina (0-2).

So, when you take into account that South Carolina won the Conference USA Tournament and finished second in the regular season behind Southern Methodist, and the Committee may have felt like USC's performance against the #6, #7, and #8 teams from the ACC did not warrant a home match. Only Boston College did not make the postseason from the ACC.

Whatever reasoning, GO COCKS!

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
CESAs coming to columbia, thats about all I know. I heard a rumor that some of the CRSA staff would join up with CESA

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
rick

i just passing along rumors! however, I knew eddie was not just stepping down for family reasons. word is he battled with the board, which is awful as shearer stated because it is run by IRMO parents!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good one. Just tryin to find the scoop. Thats it.

I heard another little rumor that might get suckers blood moving away from his brain.......

So all we have are rumors uh?

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Second Round Matches - November 22
-----------------------------------------
(1) Maryland vs. Brown
(16) Dartmouth vs. St. John's

(9) Akron vs. West Virginia
(8) Connecticut vs. Stony Brook
(5) UCLA vs. SMU
(12) Virginia Tech vs. UNC Greensboro

(13) Virginia vs. South Florida
(4) North Carolina vs. Providence
(3) Indiana vs. Notre Dame
(14) NC State vs. Clemson

(11) Penn State vs. Seton Hall
(6) Duke vs. Creighton
(7) California vs. Santa Clara
(10) Old Dominion vs. Wake Forest

(15) Cal St. Northridge vs. UC Santa Barbara
(2) New Mexico vs. Wisconsin-Milwaukee

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Host teams were 13-3 in the First Round.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard