20% Real Madrid
10% Olympique Lyonnaise
2% AC Milan
2% Arsenal
2% Chelsea
2% Bayern Munchen
2% Barcelona

Yes Liverpool will win again, mark my words

The January transfer market will see some major changes.

[ February 21, 2006, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: Kyle Heise ]

corner kick
corner kick
i dont think you understand how bad i want you to be right.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
barcelona/chelsea winner and ac milan have better chances to win the trophy than lyon or liverpool, in my opinion.

although the transfer window is coming up, liverpool hasnt been in top shape and the addition of new players will take time to blend in.

plus, all of these teams are looking to improve in the transfer window and these teams are playing better than liverpool right now.

I believe Juventus will win overall. they don't have a major opponent in the first knockout round and are playing very well in the Italian League, leading by 10 points.

S
Star 11 Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
S
Liverpool has BENFICA !!!! not to berate them but liverpool has been playing in top form despite their poor line-up and benitez's shuffle of starters, i would like to change my real madrid percentage and replace it with juventus (real madrid has had some poor performances, i just thought about that)

lyon has a big chance of winning it man, i dont think ac is going anywhere this year, barca and chelsea, i think barca will win that series, chelsea has been playing in top form, but in the premier league, they have failed in games for me to rank them as a high opponent, liverpool won the games they should, and didn't lose any points in the games they should have. although there is a bit of a quarrel of whether reina or dudek should be the main goalie, if liverpool loses dudek as a backup or starter, its going to be difficult, i think the pressure that's being put on reina to be a starter is making him perform better. and liverpool should have won the fifa club world championship, they got robbed !!!

corner kick
corner kick
i don't know, i think i'll have to go with lyon to win it all. they have risen to one of the major european powers in a very short period of time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bayern Munich v. AC Milan
I believe this will be close, but AC Milan will pull it out.

Benfica v. Liverpool
Liverpool, obviously

Real Madrid v. Arsenal
This one is tough. Real have been struggling this last month and it will all depend on how they come back after christmas. I think Arsenal will advance, but it is really a toss up.

PSV v. Lyon
It seems you guys are favoring Lyon, but i PSV will give them a run. Lyon will win but it will be tougher than believed.

Chelsea v. Barcelona
Again, this is a toss-up, but between two much better teams. Both teams are leading their leagues and are playing well. I think Barcelona will prevail, since Chelsea hasn't been as dominant these last couple of months, as seen by the losses to Real Betis and Man U and a tie against Everton.

Rangers v. Villareal
I don't know a lot about either team. I know rangers seem to be struggling this year in the scottish premier league, while villareal are lurking behind barca at 4th place. I think Villareal will win this matchup.

Bremen v. Juventus
I think Juventus easily wins this match.

Ajax v. Internazionale
This is another matchup i am a little fuzzy about. Inter seem to be doing well, sitting second in Serie A while Ajax sit in fourth in the Holland League. I think Inter wins in a close matchup.

That leaves:(These are predictions, if the matchups ended this way. I don't know how they will fall, but these are my predicitons based on the above predictions.)

Arsenal v. Inter
Inter wins close.

Barcelona v. AC Milan
Barcelona prevails.

Juventus v. Liverpool
I believe Juventus will win this matchup. Liverpool will put up a fight but Juve is very strong throughout.

Lyon v. Villareal
Villareal will play closely to Lyon, but Lyon will eventually prevail.

Now:
Inter v. Barcelona
Barcelona wins.

Lyon v. Juventus
I'm not sold enough on Lyon getting past this point. Lyon will play close for a while, but Juve would eventually pull away. This may change, after i get a chance to see Lyon play again, but right now it would be Juve.

Championship:

Barca v Juve
This would be the best game of the whole tournament. These teams are very similar, but again Juventus seem unstoppable to me. They are playing very well together and have a good chance to win.

Although this is a little long, it's just my insight. I look forward to watching the future games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just read something that would affect my predicitons. It wasn't clear but it said after the knockout round of 16, two groups are formed where the winners of the group play in the final. Could someone clarify this for me. Thanks

S
Star 11 Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
S
I have to disagree on a few picks of yours there AirMaddox13,

Bayern Munich v. AC Milan

I don't believe this will be close. AC Milan has been depending on too few players to win games (AKA Kaka & Shevchenko). They've scored 12 goals 10 of which are by Shevchenko and Kaka, so if they get shut down against Bayern, then they will not see themselves going through. Bayern on the other hand sees more of their players getting action at the goal with Makaay, Demichilis, and Deisler (the main guys).

So i see Bayern making this one.

Benfica v. Liverpool

Liverpool, obviously.

Why the hell would i disagree on this one (but Liverpool must bring their A game, stupid slip ups on defence will cost them. However, they are playing in form which is a + )

Real Madrid v. Arsenal

Arsenal hands down. Just like a few other English teams Arsenal is performing better in the Champions League. Real will be a difficult opponent to overcome but defense lacks and their midfield has been deteriorated with the loss of Figo and a defender (Woodgate i think)

PSV v. Lyon

PSV is a very good team, bringing up many stars but Lyon has just been playing with so much form it's not even funny. Lyon will get far.

Chelsea v. Barcelona

Agreed that Barcenlona will be victors. Ronaldinho and many others are powering this team forward, but their win after this will see them go out to the next round opponent whoever it may be.

Rangers v. Villareal

Rangers are a good team, this will be a shoot out. If Villareal pours in more goals they will go through, but that is their weak point. Failure to score in this match-up will see them knocked out with ease.

Bremen v. Juventus

Juventus (end of story)

Ajax v. Internazionale

Hmmmm, every1 talks about Barca and Chelsea, i believe this should be the match-up of this round. With Figo arriving this team has bolstered its confidence. Ajax has the firepower to win this game and I am going with them. Strong, tough goalie to beat (Hans Vonk), weak defense, strong midfield and blistering strikers.

i don't know how the rest are matched up, i don't know if its a pool drawing or depending on who wins what. we need some help in that area

L
throw in
throw in
L
AMEN!!! Liverpool are currently unstoppable!!! No doubt that they will not lift the cup. They have not allowed a goal in almost 2 months! Crouch and Morientes continue to break down the opoponents defense...Hyypia, Carra, Finnan, and Traore have formed a brick wall in the defense...Riise and Luis Garcia are at top form on the flanks...Xabi and Gerrard make the keeper nervous every time they touch the ball within 40 yards! I don't want to hear this talk about Liverpool not being strong enough to compete with Milan, or Barca, or Real...they proved themselves last year and they will again this year. Rafa Benitez has won 2 CL cups in a row(with Porto 2 years ago), and he will guide Liverpool to one this year.

When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark
At the end of the storm
Is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark

Walk on through the wind
Walk on through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown
Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone

-

-

-

-

YNWA

world cup
world cup
They just gave up a goal this past weekend?!?!

Still though.....Peter Crouch deserves a shot at backing up Rooney and Owen in Germany this summer.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard