Print Thread
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
S
Star 11 Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
S
no i don't think so, barca will win that because of chelsea's ability to perform in th cl. and if the winner were not to be liverpool, i would say juventus, strong squand, no weakness

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bayern Munich v. AC Milan
Havent seen Bayern Lately. Milan should be able to win. I mean they're Milan. Italians always to good in the Champions.

Benfica v. Liverpool
Don't know anything about Benfica. Liverpool should win that one.

Real Madrid v. Arsenal
Madrid is far away from the Real Madrid we are used to see. They Got Cassano, Cicinho and Pablo Garcia now. If Ronaldo and Raul play. I don't see how Arsenal is going to win. Madrid is Madrid. It will be tough but Madrid should not leave that early, it will be embarrasing. I am a Madrid fan and I do think they go to the next round.

PSV v. Lyon
I have not seen Lyon lately. I'll go with PSV on that one. PSV is a very interesting team.

Chelsea v. Barcelona
I am a Madrid fan so I would love to see Barca losing. Its a 50/50 game, anything can happen. Even though I think Lampard and company can beat Barca. I think Barcelona wins (hope not).

Rangers v. Villareal
Since I know Villareal and I don't know anything about Rangers. I think Villareal wins.

Bremen v. Juventus
Juventus has Cappello as a Coach, Juventus win.

Ajax v. Internazionale
Ajax is usually hard in Holland. Inter has Adriano and Figo. I think Inter wins.

Real Madrid v. Inter
Real (if not injuries). Adriano could make a difference. Madrid is Madrid.

Barcelona v. AC Milan = Barcelona, another 50/50 game.

Juventus v. Liverpool = I like Morientes and Gerard, but Capello is Capello. I think Juventus wins (hope not).

PSV v. Villareal
I'll have to go with PSV. Close game.

Now:
Real Madrid v. Barcelona
Big teams, big win games. Real all the way. If they beat Arsenal which they should. Madrid would be all over Barcelona, with Ronaldo on a good day. Madrid and their new players could be a strong contender.

PSV v. Juventus
Although I like PSV and they could make damage. Again Capello is a heck of a Coach. Juventus win

Championship:

Real Madrid v Juve
Again if Real could make it this far (I hope they do). I'll go with Juventus, Real is not ready to win the whole thing yet. Either Real or Barca, I think Juventus is a better team because of the Coach. Anybody who knows who Capello is would agree with me on that one.

Some thoughs.

* Champions League would look good on Ronaldinhos record toward his comparison with Pele and Maradona.

* Champions League is how you measure the power of the different European Leagues. Last year was Chelsea and Liverpool that made it far. So I guess the argument of EPL being the best of 2005 is fair (only 2005). Usually Spaniards and Italian meet each other in the championship. Us (Madrid's fans) are used to see the glass going to Madrid, its like a ritual =)

* If Chelsee does not make it this year. Lampard should try to look for a better team. Lampard look better than that. Not just Madrid, AC Milan could be good for him too.

* Ronaldo also needs a European Championship. I don't think he has won it yet. Ronaldos 2 WC's, 3 FIFA player of the year and many years of being considered the "best striker" in the world have to be compesated soon!

* I like PSV and I think they can make some damage.

* Madrid lost to that French team (don't remember the name) with most of the bench players. Madrid with a full team is still a strong contender (I may be wrong). If they don't win it this year. A German Coach is most likely to get "Los Galacticos" for next season.

Peace

S
Star 11 Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
S
agree with you, although i think liverpool will win it again, like i said earlier, if they were to get knocked out, i think juventus would be the best contender to win it

L
throw in
throw in
L
If I'm correct, I believe that after this round of knock-out games, there will be one more draw that is completely random and not seeded to determine that teams playing in the quarterfinals. So Liverpool vs Juventus is possible but not guaranteed. I am having trouble accessing the UEFA site, so any confirmation or information about it would be appreciated.

YNWA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by Liverpool:
If I'm correct, I believe that after this round of knock-out games, there will be one more draw that is completely random and not seeded to determine that teams playing in the quarterfinals. So Liverpool vs Juventus is possible but not guaranteed. I am having trouble accessing the UEFA site, so any confirmation or information about it would be appreciated.

YNWA

oh yeah i knew that, I was just reposting the same thing another dude did.

Well if you want something more specific.

1. Juventus 25%
2. Barcelona 20%
3. Milan 20%
4. Chelsea 15%
5. Liverpool 10%
6. Real Madrid 10%

* How is Chelsea doing this year in EPL?
* Even though I know Liverpool has chances, I honestly think they got lucky last year.
* Can't never count Milan or Madrid out for how bad they're are doing in their leagues. They are still the "Big Dogs."
* I think its really between Barcelona and Juventus, Madrid or Liverpool can get on their way.
* Madrid without injuries and playing their best could be unnestopable.
* Liverpool is solid, they play hard, they play smart and they have Gerrard, well Morientes is got some Madrid experiences too.

corner kick
corner kick
I'm going to have to agree with feno on this one. I have researched a little more and am starting to lean towards juve to win it all. (instead of lyon). But, I am still hoping that PSV can pull it off.

S
Star 11 Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
S
actually i disagree on a couple of things, chelsea will not win the EPL, they are performing poorly in the EPL and there form is slowly deteriorating in the Premier League, well actually in about 2 weeks, everything will be settled, Liverpool will play chelsea and i think all the arguements will be settled in that game, plus with ROBBIE FOWLER BACK AT LIVERPOOL IS LIKE A DREAM COME TRUE, i am looking forward to his participation in the EPL and taking Liverpool to fame and glory like he did when he was at Liverpool. Milan i think will have an early exit. i don't know why but i'm sure all of you just have these gut feelings sometimes. Liverpool's win last year was not luck (except that shot from like 2 feet out the goal that Dudek saved miraculously, there was definitely and angel standing in the Liverpool goal in that OT ) but scoring those 3 goals, most teams would give up, but Liverpool scored those goals and they earned them, that Gerrard header was built to perfection, i have never seen a header that is more spectacular than that one, Smicer is good but he has A LOT of bad games where he is a little factor, as for Xabi Alonso and that PK, players should make it and Xabi had the fundamentals to follow up his shot and top shelved it on the second attempt. Hats off to Liverpool in that game. [Razz]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by Star 11:
actually i disagree on a couple of things, chelsea will not win the EPL, they are performing poorly in the EPL and there form is slowly deteriorating in the Premier League, well actually in about 2 weeks, everything will be settled, Liverpool will play chelsea and i think all the arguements will be settled in that game, plus with ROBBIE FOWLER BACK AT LIVERPOOL IS LIKE A DREAM COME TRUE, i am looking forward to his participation in the EPL and taking Liverpool to fame and glory like he did when he was at Liverpool. Milan i think will have an early exit. i don't know why but i'm sure all of you just have these gut feelings sometimes. Liverpool's win last year was not luck (except that shot from like 2 feet out the goal that Dudek saved miraculously, there was definitely and angel standing in the Liverpool goal in that OT ) but scoring those 3 goals, most teams would give up, but Liverpool scored those goals and they earned them, that Gerrard header was built to perfection, i have never seen a header that is more spectacular than that one, Smicer is good but he has A LOT of bad games where he is a little factor, as for Xabi Alonso and that PK, players should make it and Xabi had the fundamentals to follow up his shot and top shelved it on the second attempt. Hats off to Liverpool in that game. [Razz]

I don't think I said Chelsea was going to win EPL, but I do think they are strong. Champions League is more about the quality of the players... Liverpool is a descent team overall. Morientes and Gerrard, everybody else is somewhere in there.

Liverpool had lucky man... not just in the Milan game.

I saw the 2 Liverpool-Chelsea games for the CL last year. Chelsea attacking, Liverpool defending the whole game! Chelsea and Milan were both stronger than Liverpool.

Again, Liverpool used a great strategy to win both games, they played with heart, and Gerrard is a hech of a player!

Liverpool is still an underdog, I don't follow EPL, so I don't know how they are doing this year. Liverpool needs to win it again to convince the world that it wasnt just luck.

Remember,

One time can be luck, two times is always better.

corner kick
corner kick
Finally, someone agrees with me that liverpool are generally a defensive oriented team. But i'm not sure that they can win the EPL. As much as I don't care for liverpool nor chelsea, they are still great teams. However, usually teams that jump to an early lead, hold it for such a long time, and have fairly consistent form, hang on and win the Premier League.

Chelsea will probably win the EPL again, but be ejected from the champions league by barcelona.

corner kick
corner kick
oh liverpool certainly got lucky, no question about it....but when you guys talk about lucky, you talk about the milan game, does nobody remember the game before, against chelsea when the ball was IN THE NET like, fully across the goal plain, and the defender for liverpool cleared it out, and the ref did not call the goal. pretty much cost chelsea the tournament..but who cares liverpool is the best.

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard