A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by cap'n walt:
oh liverpool certainly got lucky, no question about it....but when you guys talk about lucky, you talk about the milan game, does nobody remember the game before, against chelsea when the ball was IN THE NET like, fully across the goal plain, and the defender for liverpool cleared it out, and the ref did not call the goal. pretty much cost chelsea the tournament..but who cares liverpool is the best.

Hey BL bud whats up.

Liverpool is an interesting team. They won the CL last year out of nowhere. They are a solid team. They have Gerrard.

I respect Liverpool just as I respect Juventus.

I do not like the style of their game. Italy is the same way. They play too strategically. They play too simple, too predictable... they do what they are supposed to, and they win. Its not very fun to watch.

My teams.

1. Real Madrid
2. Milan
3. Boca
4. CD Aguila
5. LA Galaxy

Players.

1. Maradona: confidence, style, leadership.
2. Ronaldo: efficient, BMOC.
3. Zidane: gentleman (knows how to treat the ball), classy.
4. Roberto Carlos: Defense Revolution?
5. Gerrad: warrior, this man leaves his heart out on the field.

I know other players that can play a good bit, and I also like good soccer.

Henry: got some style, a bit too cocky for his numbers.
Ronaldinho: some samba going on, WC 06 can put him on top.
Riquelme: nevers gets dirty, wont even run, he is not "numero 1" but he is fun to watch.
Hugo Sanchez: has an ego, "perfection of the bike kick."
Messi: kid wants to win everything, he is the new "numero 10" of Argentina, I don't know about the new Diego...

As far as clubs, Madrid and all in the list above.

My teams never play to lose man. They attack and attack till they win. Thats my kind of futbol, we don't play defensive like Liverpool or Juventus. We don't like winning by lucky goals. We don't let our rivals to keep us into our own field... that's disrespectful.

Haha. Thats just me and my teams dude. Dont know about Liverpool and their style of winning. Liverpool wins the CL and I'll be convinced. Chelsea is been playing the kind of futbol I like.

Peace

S
Star 11 Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
S
As a Liverpool fan i'm going to say that NOW Liverpool is certainly a defensive team but about few years ago (and some more for other players ) they were a dominant attacking team.

Michael Owen
Robbie Fowler
Emile Heskey
Steven Gerrard
Danny Murphy

come on those are some decent players with a few stars [Big Grin]

however with robbie, owen, emile, and murphy leaving, it was all left to

Carragher
Hyppia
Hamann

with hamann leaving they signed i think 2 new defenders and crouch the striker

so they're trying to level out the field a little bit but the only reason why their defense looks so dominant is because their offense is lagging with stars

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
i going back a bit but liverpool should play dudek. look what he did for them but he also put them in that situation. and yes liverpool is a defensive team. ac milan should have won that game. stupid shevchenko

S
Star 11 Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
S
i dont know man reina is stepping up and is performing excellently, when a goalie like that is playing how he is right now, you can't put him back on the bench.

World Cup
World Cup
Finally something for Gunners fans to cheer about in 2005-06!!!

Bayern Munich 1-1 AC Milan
Benfica 1-0 Liverpool
PSV Eindhoven 0-1 Lyon
Real Madrid 0-1 Arsenal

Second leg will be in two weeks at Highbury!

Tomorrow's matches are as follows:

Ajax Amsterdam v. Inter Milan
Chelsea v. Barcelona
Rangers v. Villarreal
Werder Bremen v. Juventus

L
throw in
throw in
L
Come on you REDS!!! No form today!

But I'm not worried...Rafa is a famed Champions League coach and will get L'Pool through.

When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark
At the end of the storm
Is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark
Walk on through the wind
Walk on through the rain
Tho' your dreams be tossed and blown
Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone
Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone

Liverpool's song perfectly describes how Liverpool will get out of this deficit, just as it did in last year's final. Next leg Gerrard will be good to start and pull them through at Anfield.

YNWA

S
Star 11 Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
S
Yeah once Gerrard is at Anfield, i really don't think anything will stop him !!!!!!! Although i question Rafa's decision to put Gerrard on the last 12 minutes of the game, that was kinda mind-boggling ! I think the way things were going he should have just kept the squad he started with on for the rest of the game. Interesting that Cisse doesn't start anymore. Liverpool disappointed me, striker force is lacking !!!!!

Gunners played the most excellent game of soccer that i have seen from them. Reyes played superb making fine runs, unable to finish however, Pires on the bench ? thats a lil confusing. Real Madrid played excellent although i see that Ronaldo is clearly unhappy and i think they should sit him out and put robinho and raul as the strikers, Ronaldo is done [Frown]

S
Goal
Goal
S
quote:
Originally posted by Star 11:
Real Madrid played excellent....

I hope this is a typo, Real were lucky the match didn't end 3-0 or worse. They were horrible, no player did well. Casillas did his job, Robinho was OK. Ronaldo, Zidane, Carlos, Beckham, et al, they were pedestrian. I know they're supposed to be an all-star team but they all looked like old men yesterday. And how many turnovers did they commit? And many of those turnovers there was almost no pressure. Inexcusable. And while I'm bashing the players, the crowd was non-existent. You could hear the 3,000 or so Arsenal fans singing and chanting. The only noise you heard from the other 77,000 was an occasional whistle. No passion at all on the field or in the stands.

World Cup
World Cup
 -

If ever a team had embodied the football cliche of 'a wounded animal', it was Arsenal before last night's match.

A run of poor form and a spate of injuries left many predicting an emphatic win for a Real Madrid side which had won 10 of their last 11 games.

Instead, the Gunners made history.

A famous 1-0 win - courtesy of Thierry Henry's solo goal - saw Arsenal become the first English side to win at the Bernabeu Stadium.

There had been eight attempts by English clubs over the years dating back as far as 1957, when Manchester United lost 3-1. United have been back on three more occasions, in 1968, 2000 and 2003. They drew the first two and lost the other 3-1.

Bobby Robson's Ipswich Town had tried and failed in 1973, drawing 0-0 in the Spanish capital. Derby County had been swept aside 5-1 in 1975 and, more recently in 2001, David O’Leary’s Leeds United lost 3-2.

Only one other London club had faced Madrid — Arsenal’s neighbours Tottenham Hotspur 11 years ago. But Spurs only managed a goalless draw.

Arsenal did more than that last night. They overcame the odds, confounded the critics and produced a performance to be proud of.

Here is a complete list of English clubs' competitive ventures to the Bernabeu Stadium:

Apr 8 2003
Champions League, Manchester United (Lost 3-1)

Mar 3 2001
Champions League, Leeds United (Lost 3-2)

Apr 4 2000
Champions League, Manchester United (Drew 0-0)

Mar 20 1985
UEFA Cup, Tottenham Hotspur (Drew 0-0)

Nov 5 1975
European Cup, Derby County (Lost 5-1)

Oct 3 1973
UEFA Cup, Ipswich Town (Drew 0-0)

May 15 1968
European Cup, Manchester United (Drew 3-3)

Apr 11 1957
European Cup, Manchester United (Lost 3-1)

World Cup
World Cup
Wednesday's Results
Ajax Amsterdam 2-2 Inter Milan
Chelsea 1-2 Barcelona
Rangers 2-2 Villarreal
Werder Bremen 2-2 Juventus

Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard