Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
World Cup
World Cup
It's over!!! Arsenal 2-0 on aggregate after a scoreless draw at the Stadio Delle Alpi. The London club gives "The Old Lady" the boot!

The Gunners advance to the Semifinals of the Champions League for the first time ever.

Arsenal (ENG) v. Villareal (SPA)
Barcelona (SPA) v. AC Milan (ITA)

Cautions - (ARS) Flamini, Reyes, (JUV) Chiellini, Nedved
Ejections - (JUV) Nedved
Shots - ARS 9-5 JUV
Saves - ARS 2-5 JUV
Fouls - ARS 13-21 JUV
Possession - ARS 44%-56% JUV
Corner Kicks - ARS 8-1 JUV

goal
goal
I am seeing Arsenal and Barcelona in the Championship...

Brace
Brace
Arsenal looked very solid today!

M
goal kick
goal kick
M
Im gonna have to go with Barcelona taking it all in a win vs Arsenal in the finals

corner kick
corner kick
I hate arsenal so much especially after watching todays game. Reyes pretty much did it for me, he's such a dirty player. Too bad theirry henry plays for them. That man is straight nasty especially when he megged that guy. Kinda an overall boring game. As i was watching it i began to think(which is a scary thought in and of it itself). Do the opposing teams really foul THAT hard. I mean everysingle time a forearm went across the other guys face, or someone gave a push from behind, the player would lay facedown on the grass holding what ever part of his body was hurt, like they were dead. Now i understand why people call us "grass fairies".

World Cup
World Cup
Nedved...not a big fan of the selfish play. Good to see Arsenal pick up the European form despite struggling with the Barclays. "Arsene Knows..."

World Cup
World Cup
We are going all the way
By MARK IRWIN in Turin, The Sun (London, England)

THIERRY HENRY set his sights on winning the Champions League after Arsenal reached the last four for the first time.

The Gunners snuffed out Italian giants Juve to book a semi-final first leg with Spaniards Villarreal in two weeks’ time.

But skipper Thierry Henry is not content with just that. He said: “I’m really proud — but I’m a winner and that’s not the kind of history I’m looking to make.

“The squad is trying to go all the way, winning it. It’s a good day for the club so let’s extend it.

“When you wear the Arsenal jersey you’ve got that winning feeling in your blood. We didn’t concede a goal against Real Madrid, we didn’t concede against Juve.

“It was all down to concentration. In this kind of game, a little lack of concentration and you can pay.”

Arsenal set a Champions League record with their EIGHTH clean sheet in a row while Juventus had playmaker Pavel Nedved sent off late on for two bookings.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger said: “It went according to plan — when Nedved was sent off that was the end of the game.”

This triumph meant Wenger had finally led Arsenal into the Champions League semi-finals at the EIGHTH attempt.

He laughed: “I was beginning to worry that people thought I was the handicap!

“So tonight I am delighted to prove that is not the case.

“I am so happy for the club to have finally reached the semi-finals. There have been times before when we were expected to make it and did not.

“Frankly, there were times when it would have been easier to get there than this year.

“I know there were no Englishmen in our team but I still feel this is a victory for English football.

“I would never have expected to have a defensive record like that two months ago.

“We have had to play with a lot of young players at the back. To play four games against Real Madrid and Juventus and not concede a goal is a tremendous achievement.

“I felt we were always in control of this game. And as long as Juventus didn’t score a goal, we were in a position where we didn’t have to come out.

“I wanted us to push up but the psychological desire of the players was to protect their lead.

“The final turning point came when Jens Lehmann made an important save from Nedved.”

But Wenger denied Arsenal were now favourites to reach their first Champions League final.

He added: “Villarreal are a very good technical team with a special talent in Riquelme. He has a lot of charisma and can punish any team if you give him the chance.

“But we are not the favourites to win the semi-final. Arsenal and Villarreal are the two teams who no one expected to get this far so I would say it’s now 50-50 for the final.”

Midfielder Cesc Fabregas, who was outstanding in the first leg, said: “They all deserve a 10 out of 10 today. They should get all the credit in the world.”

Juve coach Fabio Capello blasted the home fans as ‘masochistic’ for jeering the team and burning flags.

He added: “Arsenal were dangerous on the counter-attack and, in the second half, we created a lot but were not able to score.

“If Arsenal keep in such good physical shape, then they will be very difficult to beat.”

kick off
kick off
LET'S GO GUNNERS!
I knew Arsenal would give juve no chance, villareal is simply going to be a clinic, just to be used as extra footage for Henry's "greatest momments" compliations after Arsenal beats them 3-0 and 4-0. The Barca vs. AC matchups are a toss up. AC should in NO WAY be underestimated. They have been in this position too many times to let a team full of overachievers who have barely squeaked by and wind up where they are, beat them. Its Arsenal v. AC in the final.No quesitons asked, no hands raised.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
ac vs. barc is gonna be a tough one. ac would like to make it to the final after last years fault to liverpool. im gonna say arsenal and barca in the final with barca pulling out a 3-1 agg.

MP Offline
goal kick
goal kick
AC Milan 0 - 1 FC Barcelona

Sadly this game wasn't on TV but was available to follow on uefa.com's "live match update" feature.

Ludovic Giuly scored the key away goal in the 57th minute and from then on Milan were never in the game after controlling in the first half. Unsurprisingly Giuly's goal came off a set up from Ronaldinho and Eto'o. I was surprised that Maldini and Cafu were not included in Milan's starting lineup but Maldini was subbed in to further his record of UEFA Champion's League appearances. Gilardino was unconvincing from the number of chances that he had.

A good game report can be found here :
http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UCL/FixturesResults/Round=2204/match=1107456/Report=RP.html

Tommorow will be a good one and will be on ESPN2 I believe. It was dissapointing that no one chose to air Milan-Barca (I think maybe ESPN Deportes is airing it at 12 am).

Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard