#67492 01/18/06 09:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let see if we can update.

Couple of things in the news. Some of them are just rumors so if you can confirm it. Do not hesitate.

* Casano goes to Madrid. Good player, don't see the point. Cicinho is already in Madrid, great player! Ballack is most likely to be a Galactico next season, Madrid also wants Totti and Gerard.

* There is a rumor that says that Barcelona is talking to Henry and Lampard. They both like the idea of going to Barcelona instead of Madrid.

* AC Milan wants Ronaldinho for next season not matter what!

* River defeated Boca Jrs. 3-0 in the championsphip of the verano tournament. Boca did not play their best players.

* Bruno Marioni is most likely to leave Pumas. He has some offers to go to Europe but I think he is going to Boca Jrs.

* Cristiano Ronaldo is having issues with Nistelroy in ManU.

* Beckam said that after his contract with Madrid is over, he wants to come to the US.

* Juventus is doing very strong in the Italian League. "The Old Lady" is a serious contender for the European Cup.

* Experts of soccer think that if Ronaldinho does well in this World Cup, he can be the next Pele.

* Lionel Messi is getting all the attention in Europe. Everybody think of Messi as the new Diego Armando Maradona.

* Most of the Argentinian fans do not beleive their national team is a contender to bring the glass home from Germany.

* Deportivo Saprisa (Costa Rica) who is the Champion in CONCACAF (our region) lost to Liverpool in the Worl Club semifinal 3-0. Saprissa defeated Kansa City Wizard (US) and Pumas (Mexico) in their way to the CONCACAF championship.

* MLS did not take the invitation of CONMEBOL to assist to Copa Libertadores 2006. The same with US National Team not taking the invitation to Copa America.

I think if Saprissa who was representing our area lost to Liverpool 3-0, that is the diffenrece between our level and Europeans. Why MLS does not want to participate in La Copa Libertadores? The same with the US national team in La Copa America? Interesting.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
1. About Henry going to Barca is a dead story, he has chose not to leave Arsenal.
2. Steven Gerrard is also not going to move to ANY other club since he has pledged his career to Liverpool. He rejected Chelsea's offer of somewhere around 30 million pounds.
3. Beckham will not come to the US yet. He wants money and the US cannot afford his salary. However, it is likely that he will come to the US towards the end of his career or head back to Manchester United.
4. Ronaldinho is good, but there will never be another Pele.
5. Argentinian fans are stupid. They are the reason why if this continues, Argentina will not perform to their expectations in the World Cup.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. About Henry going to Barca is a dead story, he has chose not to leave Arsenal.

In Spain you never know. Nobody would ever imagined that Ronaldo would ended up playing for Madrid after he was Barcelona's supertar. Also Figo going from Barcelona to Madrid. Zidane from Juventus to Madrid.

Henry needs a European Cup. I think the WC wasn't good enough for a player of his quality, since Zidane was in his best level by then. Personally I don't see Henry winning a European Cup with Arsenal but that is just my opinion. Barcelona or Madrid are perfect for him I think. Not trying to make controversy but according to a poll I was looking at the other day. The Spanish Primera is the best rated League in the world. Again, it was in the news not my opinion.

2. Steven Gerrard is also not going to move to ANY other club since he has pledged his career to Liverpool. He rejected Chelsea's offer of somewhere around 30 million pounds.

Madrid is interested in: Ballack (I think he is def going) Gerard, Totti, Adriano, C. Ronaldo, a German Coach (don't know who yet) Henry, Lampard, and most of the superstars in the circle. Don't be surprised if any of those players end up with the white shirt. Remember, Madrid is Madrid.

3. Beckham will not come to the US yet. He wants money and the US cannot afford his salary. However, it is likely that he will come to the US towards the end of his career or head back to Manchester United.

I personally think the MLS needs more attention. Beckam would be just perfect (since he is the barbie of soccer). MLS needs more skills. Argentinians and Brazilians could do the job.

My uncle (He played pro back in his days) gave me a bunch of Pele videos. Pele was good, not espectacular (My conclusion). Maradona was with any doubts the best player of all times. Ronaldinho could be, but remember that Ronaldo is getting ready for his last WC and Ronaldo is Ronaldo, he wants to win his third one (WC) being the recognized as the best, I think Ronaldo is jelous of Ronaldinho right now. I mean, anybody who does know about soccer (Coaches, pro players) think that Ronaldo is still the big dog.

5. Argentinian fans are stupid. They are the reason why if this continues, Argentina will not perform to their expectations in the World Cup.

Argentinians are facist (joking) they are used to have the best of the best, they're not happy with the talent they have now. Having some Argentinians friends (they live in Los Angeles) I kind know where their views come from. I mean come on now. Maradona is still alive, and they have videos of Diego when he was in Napole. Damn, if you ever get a chance to see Maradona at Napole, do it. You'll be surprise...

Well man. It was a nice talking, now I have to go to work. Later dude. Peace

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
The problem with south american soccer is what you said.... frankly they live in the past. They are not willing to look to the future and accept the fact that others are better or not as good.

After 70 Brazil struggled to find themselves, not bad teams just struggled. For all the talk on the jogo bonito only recently are they coming back.

Argentina may go down the same path, by people making impossible comparisons and holding players accountable unjustly. Sorry Messi is not Maradona but he is a hell of a player.

And the list goes on.

Now Pele......... you may be to young to appreciate it, but truth be known the man was incredible not because he was flashy, he wasn't. But because he was a star and played as a teammate, because he was able to make it look so easy.

Every generation has theirs.... give me the Brazilian 70 squad against anyone today.
Tostao, Jair, Rivelinho, carlos alberto, jairzinho, and on and on....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Man... Pele? I could go all day long on that one.

Pele was part of was is called the "Dream Team." Garrincha and all the rest did all the job. Pele was the kind of player that just put the ball in. Of course he came out win a modern soccer back in the days. He came to the US and impressed the "Hollywood," crew. Maradona went to Spain, Italy... conquered Europa... I think that's a fair argument.

I saw the video of the WC that Pele won. He did not impressed me at all... that's just me.

Brazil had like 15 passes, Garrincha beating defenders like crazy, and Pele scores, that's it, the end of the story.

My uncle (remember, he played pro) said.

"Pele won 3 WC's, he was never better than Maradona."

I don't know man. Messi has already won a Youth WC. He is 18 years old. He stars for Barcelona (strong contender to win the European Cup). The fans think he is good enought to start for the National team.

We'll see with the time.

Later dude, peace.

coach
coach
Fema,
You need to get a job writing for a soccer magazine. You would be a hit at World Cup 06 in Germany. Here is a contact for you:
http://www.worldcupweb.com/WCfootball/content/show_article.asp?id=305&cat=2

Good Luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by 2004striker:
Fema,
You need to get a job writing for a soccer magazine. You would be a hit at World Cup 06 in Germany. Here is a contact for you:
http://www.worldcupweb.com/WCfootball/content/show_article.asp?id=305&cat=2

Good Luck!

Haha (i'm not goin to get into im better than u type of thing again, leave that one for the clemson dudes) I am actually going to finish college to California, hoping that I can still play some good futbol. I've talk to Coach already. California is just my place dude.

Thanks anyway. In a good way, peace.

Goal
Goal
Fenomeno...please gives us an update about your whereabouts. I need to know if you make the team or any team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh I'm not trying to walk on anywhere dude, I'm already part of the team, I talked to Coach already. I am taking only 2 courses at Midlands Tech this semester and Ill be playing next fall. I guess they do need "joke" players in Cali which is good. I decided not to apply to USC cause I didn't see the point of going to school here, but that is just me.

Peace, keep it real.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
quote:
Originally posted by Fenomeno:

In Spain you never know. Nobody would ever imagined that Ronaldo would ended up playing for Madrid after he was Barcelona's supertar. Also Figo going from Barcelona to Madrid. Zidane from Juventus to Madrid.

Henry needs a European Cup. I think the WC wasn't good enough for a player of his quality, since Zidane was in his best level by then. Personally I don't see Henry winning a European Cup with Arsenal but that is just my opinion. Barcelona or Madrid are perfect for him I think. Not trying to make controversy but according to a poll I was looking at the other day. The Spanish Primera is the best rated League in the world. Again, it was in the news not my opinion.

Madrid is interested in: Ballack (I think he is def going) Gerard, Totti, Adriano, C. Ronaldo, a German Coach (don't know who yet) Henry, Lampard, and most of the superstars in the circle. Don't be surprised if any of those players end up with the white shirt. Remember, Madrid is Madrid.

I personally think the MLS needs more attention. Beckam would be just perfect (since he is the barbie of soccer). MLS needs more skills. Argentinians and Brazilians could do the job.

My uncle (He played pro back in his days) gave me a bunch of Pele videos. Pele was good, not espectacular (My conclusion). Maradona was with any doubts the best player of all times. Ronaldinho could be, but remember that Ronaldo is getting ready for his last WC and Ronaldo is Ronaldo, he wants to win his third one (WC) being the recognized as the best, I think Ronaldo is jelous of Ronaldinho right now. I mean, anybody who does know about soccer (Coaches, pro players) think that Ronaldo is still the big dog.

Argentinians are facist (joking) they are used to have the best of the best, they're not happy with the talent they have now. Having some Argentinians friends (they live in Los Angeles) I kind know where their views come from. I mean come on now. Maradona is still alive, and they have videos of Diego when he was in Napole. Damn, if you ever get a chance to see Maradona at Napole, do it. You'll be surprise...

Well man. It was a nice talking, now I have to go to work. Later dude. Peace

1. Henry has already discussed with his players and the coach about the interest of Barcelona in him and he has refused. I'm sorry to say but someone like Henry i doubt would change his mind because of money. He has made a name for himself at Arsenal and i guarantee that he will stay there.

2. Steven Gerrard again is definitely not moving and neither are these players:
Totti (been at Roma too long, he will end his career there)
Henry (Arsenal)
Lampard (too much success in England with Chelsea, unless Chelsea has a bad year in the premiership in 07, i seriously doubt a move will occur.

Now as for C. Ronaldo and Adriano, a move is definitely possible with no arguments, C. Ronaldo and Ronaldinho on the same team (OMG) it would be like a dream come true to see 2 talents like that on 1 team.

3. I agree with you on that, Beckham would be nice for the MLS to have, but he won't go right now because there is just not enough talent here for him to complement his abilities.

4. For Brazil, i really think that Romario was better than Ronaldo, Romario was underrated and didn't participate in '98 cuz of an injury, but in my heart i feel that Romario is an overall better player than Ronaldo (just by a teeny weeny lil bit lol )

5. Argentina is a very good team and if there fans think they aren't good enough, then i just don't know. They have some really excellent talent but without fan support, you don't get that adrenaline rush, you just don't feel like playing to win when nobody is behind you.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard