Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sorry to say but someone like Henry i doubt would change his mind because of money.

Madrid ain't about money, its about pride and respect, its about playing for and with the best of the best.

3. I agree with you on that, Beckham would be nice for the MLS to have, but he won't go right now because there is just not enough talent here for him to complement his abilities.

Beckam is not better than Landon Donovan, or maybe just for a bit, you mean we don't have enough barbies in MLS?

4. For Brazil, i really think that Romario was better than Ronaldo, Romario was underrated and didn't participate in '98 cuz of an injury, but in my heart i feel that Romario is an overall better player than Ronaldo (just by a teeny weeny lil bit lol )

Romario is like Michael Owen, they're effecient, they're good but not the best. I mean Romario was somewhere in there, but not on top.

5. Argentina is a very good team and if there fans think they aren't good enough, then i just don't know. They have some really excellent talent but without fan support, you don't get that adrenaline rush, you just don't feel like playing to win when nobody is behind you. Good thinkin buddy. I am with you on that one.

Peace

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
The thing about Henry is that he has been at Arsenal and created a name for himself, if he goes to Madrid, he will just be one of the others, and i don't think he wants that, he wants to be recognized for his achievements like he has been at Arsenal. I seriously doubt he would start at Real because of the acquisition (hope i spelled that right) of robinho, they're working on younger talent, Henry and madrid aren't made for each other. Now i have nothing wrong with Barca, if Henry goes there it would be great, but Henry himself as continually refused that he is not making a move anywhere and has committed his career to Arsenal.

Landon Donovan is nowhere near Beckham, Donovan couldn't even make it on Leverkusen and u want to compare them, sorry but not a chance if u had beckham and Donovan 1 on 1. Beckham is in a league by himself, his move to Real Madrid was one of the greatest, but as i mentioned earlier about Henry, he just became one of the other stars and his name is fading, i am predicting that he will make a move either this season or next season without a doubt.

Romario may not be the greatest but he was one of my stars, thanx to him and Owen is the reason i love soccer, nobody else, (well now since i like midfield i'm an idol of gerrard, i have a powerful shot and a good vision of the field just like him but not at the same skill level, however i lack excellence in ball control and my dribbling abilities are not mediocre but they're not C. Ronaldo either.

glad we're narrowing down the topics lol

LIVERPOOL LOST TO MAN U IN THE LAST MINUTE OF THE GAME [Frown] (that really ****ed me off)

lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Star 11:

Henry and madrid aren't made for each other. In other words Henry can't compete with the best.

Landon Donovan is nowhere near Beckham, Donovan couldn't even make it on Leverkusen and u want to compare them, sorry but not a chance if u had beckham and Donovan 1 on 1.

Beckam can kick with his right foot, he is from England, oh and he married an spice girl.

Landon Donovan won the MLS with Los Angeles Galaxy when LA was not the best team in the League, Donovan clearly made a difference! Since I like winning better, as a Coach I will pick Donovan over Beckam anytime.

Beckham is in a league by himself, his move to Real Madrid was one of the greatest, but as i mentioned earlier about Henry

Beckam helped Madrid to sell magazines in the US and Japan. Madrid is not winning anything since Beckam got there.

Romario may not be the greatest but he was one of my stars, thanx to him and Owen is the reason i love soccer, nobody else, (well now since i like midfield i'm an idol of gerrard, i have a powerful shot and a good vision of the field just like him but not at the same skill level, however i lack excellence in ball control and my dribbling abilities are not mediocre but they're not C. Ronaldo either.

Romario was good, Owen is a fighter, Madrid should have keep him just because Ronaldo gets hurt a lot (only way they can stop him) Gerrard needs to go to Madrid or to AC Milan now... he is a heck of a player, he needs to be where he belongs! C. Ronaldo is descent, nothing big, he is just fast, and he can move the ball a good bit. You may still be in hs.

I think the US need more "gansta" players like Ronaldinho, Denilson, or artist like Maradona. Oh and Barbies like Beckam. MLS needs to be on ESPN some more.

Peace

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
in the MLS they don't really play possession, they always counter-attack trying to catch the team off-guard, i believe that a well rounded soccer game should be played like this
1st half major possession - wear your opponents down
2nd half major counter-attacking - this way you'll just keep pounding the opposing team when they're tired and soon you will see their spirit giving up on their minds.

When i said Beckham's move to Real Madrid was one of the greatest, i meant what you said, it was extreme publicity but he hasn't done much to show his presence as an outstanding player in Madrid. Gerrard should not move, it would end up just like when beckham moved, gerrard knows how liverpool plays and he knows the players, putting him in a new environment would just shatter his abilities. He is doing fine with Liverpool and Liverpool is doing fine in all competitions that they have part-taken in. Donovan is a good player but i think Beckham is more of a well rounded player, beckham can shoot, he can't really dribble though, he has decent speed, good free kick taker, and he plays good defense, also he has better vision of the field than Donovan does. I think Cobi Jones is a better player than Donovan lol [Razz]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MLS needs skill, thats all... nice try though, I got a bit confused with your theory.

He is doing fine with Liverpool and Liverpool is doing fine in all competitions that they have part-taken in.

I do think Liverpool got lucky in that last Champions League againts Milan. You may be a Liverpool supporter all the way (nothing wrong with that). I would love to see Gerrard playing the "big boys." That is what a Champion is all about... "pride, respect." Gerrard has a lot more to offer. Is Liverpool going to win EPL this year? I doubt about the Champions League (I may be wrong).

quote:
Donovan is a good player but i think Beckham is more of a well rounded player, beckham can shoot, he can't really dribble though, he has decent speed, good free kick taker, and he plays good defense, also he has better vision of the field than Donovan does. I think Cobi Jones is a better player than Donovan lol [Razz]

Cobi Jones was good too. Cobi did not win a Championship until he was like 40! He is good though.

Donovan has won 2 MLS already, I think. how old is he? Like 23?

Beckam does not win Championship, he helps... he is a helper ;-) I just don't like him. He is not a Madrid type of player. Madrid type of players are Di Stefano, Hugo Sanchez, Ronaldo, Zidane, Hierro, Redondo, Puskas... etc

Gerrard? Lampard? Men that takes challenges are my heroes. Michael Jordan going to LA, NYC, you think he was not going to be the best because of a "new environment?"

Beck is more like Barcelona type of player... second place ;-)

Alrite dude.

Peace

corner kick
corner kick
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fenomeno:

Henry and madrid aren't made for each other. In other words Henry can't compete with the best.
I'm not going to even bother responding to this one. Henry is one of the greatest strikers playing today.

Beckam helped Madrid to sell magazines in the US and Japan. Madrid is not winning anything since Beckam got there.
So...you're going to blame an entire team's bad performance on one player? They're bad because they have Beckham? No. They're bad because Barcelona is so Good.

I think the US need more "gansta" players like Ronaldinho, Denilson, or artist like Maradona. Oh and Barbies like Beckam. MLS needs to be on ESPN some more.
By gangstas you mean criminal drug addicts right? With the exception of Ronaldinho and Beckham, the players you just named are the last kind of people that we need in the US. I don't know about you, but I am sick and tired of hearing about celebrity and athletic scandals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by aleksandrus11:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fenomeno:

I'm not going to even bother responding to this one. Henry is one of the greatest strikers playing today.

So...you're going to blame an entire team's bad performance on one player? They're bad because they have Beckham? No. They're bad because Barcelona is so Good.

By gangstas you mean criminal drug addicts right? With the exception of Ronaldinho and Beckham, the players you just named are the last kind of people that we need in the US. I don't know about you, but I am sick and tired of hearing about celebrity and athletic scandals.

Would you please introduce yourself? So I try to understand you a bit more. Thanks

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
i may be wrong but i think my "gangst" he meant people that are willing to take matters into their own hands (well feet ) in soccer, ronaldinho doesn't play soccer laid back, he plays hard for the win and he creates opportunities for other players. The MLS does need some players that are willing to give that extra effort.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Henry is one of the greatest strikers playing today.

He is good, not the best. The glorious white shirt intimidates him (I am not joking, he is scared). Bring his numbers, that may help.

They're bad because they have Beckham? No. They're bad because Barcelona is so Good.

Not they are bad because of players like Beckam that cannot play at that level.

Barcelona is so good that they lost to Cheelse last year, I doubt they are good enough to win the Champions League this year. When Madrid is good, they win everything!

By gangstas you mean criminal drug addicts right?
Hahaha is that a joke? I am talking about players that pack stadiums, people with skill, with a love for the game... I guess you are not cool enough to know the difference... come to watch an Irmo or Dutch Fork game sometimes... you'll know what I am talking about.

Have you ever seen an entire game of Diego Armando Maradona? Do it, you should. Diego was not even close to what Dennis Rodman was in NBA, but Diego was just as good as Michael Jordan!

He was the best of the best.

Style, technique, fantasy, skill, confidence, leadership, heart... watch a video of Maradona... High School kids need to learn stuff like that, specially when you play at a High School that is not even ranked.

I don't know about you, but I am sick and tired of hearing about celebrity and athletic scandals.

Dude, I don't think I've done anything wrong. In fact I try to avoid trouble by bringing good sources and profesional statistic.

Peace

corner kick
corner kick
Not "cool" enough to know the difference? Common, is that seriously your comeback to my arguement? Maradona is the best of the best? Ya, right, just like that wonderful goal where he punched the ball in with his hand.
Geez dude, I was hoping that you might not come back to this forum after your extended leave of absence, but it seems that you have come back to haunt us again.

P.S. When I said i'm sick of hearing about athletic scandals, I was talking about professional athletes not you.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard