A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by aleksandrus11:
Not "cool" enough to know the difference? Common, is that seriously your comeback to my arguement? Maradona is the best of the best? Ya, right, just like that wonderful goal where he punched the ball in with his hand.
Geez dude, I was hoping that you might not come back to this forum after your extended leave of absence, but it seems that you have come back to haunt us again.

P.S. When I said i'm sick of hearing about athletic scandals, I was talking about professional athletes not you.

Dude, what's the point of getting into all this? Who was better than Maradona? Henry?

Why don't you prove it? I have enough arguments to prove that Maradona was better than Pele, and I don't need to give them to you, because you simply don't know anything about soccer.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Aleksandrus dude chill the f out man, jeez we're discussing about what's going on in soccer today so calm down. Henry is good but not Ronaldo, Michael Owen, or Wayne Rooney good. As for Maradona, hey if the refs didn't see the hand, it's all legal, that is why we have officiating for this, you have to realize that refs can't rewind and make decisions off of replays. I have personally scored a goal with my arm in a game, they crossed the ball in i couldn't get to it, so i leaned in and made it look like i knee'd or chested the ball in, the opposition players argued, i just acted like it was any other regular goal, and i got it, whatever works you can do in soccer.

corner kick
corner kick
chill out? I'm not angry, and have not said one thing to warrant you telling me to calm down. I realize that Henry is not the greatest ever. But he is also not "scared" of playing in spain. Moreover, I realize that the refs can't use video replays to decide the games, but that doesn't make a handball legal. Just because the Officials don't see it, doesn't take away from the illegality of it. He just got away with murder with that goal. However, I don't think that you can possibly say that whatever works you can do in soccer. The rules must be obeyed so that fair play is the games top priority.

Also, you think that Rooney is better than Henry? I agree that Rooney is a great player with tons of potential, but to be at henry's level, he first has alot of maturing to do. I mean, I'm not even sure that I would agree that Owen is a better forward than Henry.

L
throw in
throw in
L
Aleksandrus11...give Fenomeno a break. He came back to this forum lately and has not said anything to create controversy; he has simply stated his own opinion and his reasoning behind it...thats what this board is for.

Just because Maradona did actually scored the goal with his hand, it does not mean that he is a cheater or not a great player. Maradona is, in my opinion, the greatest striker ever. Did I ever see either Maradona or Pele play in person? No. But videos don't lie, and from what I've seen, Maradona was and is the best. In comparision to Henry, Owen, and Rooney, all three have a good ways to go. Owen is the closest, but he still has to produce more great international performances. Henry is a great player in domestic leagues, but he has done nothing for France. Rooney, well, all I have to say is grow up kid. He's got a foot, but thats all, other than a mouth. He needs to mature A LOT before he gets any recognition anywhere near Pele or Maradona.

YNWA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by aleksandrus11:
chill out? I'm not angry, and have not said one thing to warrant you telling me to calm down. I realize that Henry is not the greatest ever. But he is also not "scared" of playing in spain. Moreover, I realize that the refs can't use video replays to decide the games, but that doesn't make a handball legal. Just because the Officials don't see it, doesn't take away from the illegality of it. He just got away with murder with that goal. However, I don't think that you can possibly say that whatever works you can do in soccer. The rules must be obeyed so that fair play is the games top priority.

Also, you think that Rooney is better than Henry? I agree that Rooney is a great player with tons of potential, but to be at henry's level, he first has alot of maturing to do. I mean, I'm not even sure that I would agree that Owen is a better forward than Henry.

Maradona thinks that was the "hand of god," you know why? I mean that is what he thinks...

He thinks he did not mean to do that. Hey that happens. How many penalty kicks have you seen that defenders do not mean to get their arms involved. Sometimes is obvious... everybody sees the hand, but how do you know if the defender mean to do that?

It happens to me before... I did not score, it was a 50/50 ball the ball was touched by my hand by accident and I passed it for a winning goal... everybody went crazy over the ref... I knew it was a hand ball, I did not mean to do that... hey it happens. It just happened so fast.

If you want to remember Maradona because of that... good, nothing wrong with that.

But you should know better about a subject before you start "arguing." You have not even seen Maradonas game yet? How can you judge something you don't know? Are you like a philosopher or something?

Watch Maradona and Pele, compare both of them, and then come up with your own conclusion. Don't listen to what "hollywood" tells you, see for your own son.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard