Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#67523 01/23/06 02:07 PM
L
lurker Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
L
In his first appearance with the MNT, Mr. Adu got a yellow card for the unsporting behavior of "diving". This doesn't bother me so much as his qoute after the game.

"It’s no big deal. Hey I just had to push it a little bit. You go down and it could go for you or it could go against you. It’s one of those things where you put the referee in a tough position."

So here we have a young player, who like it or not, has been cast as role model, advocating cheating and recommending it as a good strategic play.

Does anyone else have a problem with this?

#67524 01/23/06 03:41 PM
S
Goal
Goal
S
Two comments (without having seen Adu's dive):

1) Being a youngster who's still wet behind the ears, he needs to stay on his feet and play on. Players who do get the benefit of the doubt on questionable contact calls are vets who have earned some rep.

2) He should review the highlight video of George Best and see how you man up and play tough. It would serve him (and most strikers) well.

#67525 01/24/06 05:09 AM
L
lurker Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
L
I understand the tactical aspects of diving, and the possible advantage that can be gained. I've got a bigger problem with the effects of the post-game comments. If you are going to cheat (and diving is against the LOTG), maintain your innocence through the press conference. The next time that Freddy hits the ground in the penalty area, what are the odds that the referee is going to call it his way. If you've publicly proclaimed your intent to "put the referee in a tough position," chances are the referee is not going to make the call your way. If however you consistently try to sell the fact that you are hacked every time you touch the ball in the box, and the referees are not protecting you, you may be able to convince one ref to see it your way.

Either way, I'm still not going to coach it as a tactical set piece.

For what it's worth, I read the quote in the newspaper, but it's not on the US Soccer website. Perhaps the organization didn't feel it was appropriate either.

#67526 01/24/06 05:34 AM
K
goal kick
goal kick
K
I didn't see the play either but I think there is a big difference in going to the ground when there is illegal contact, no matter how harsh, and diving. To me, diving is falling when you are not touched. From what I read, there was contact on the play.

#67527 01/23/06 09:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will like to make a comment on that one.

Diving can be cheating, strategy, controversial, or even good for "skillfull" players.

As a player.

I do prefer to dive sometimes because it protects yourself, sometimes you have "uneskillful" players againts you that do not play the ball. They play "hard" but what they mean by "playing hard" is going crazy after the you.

There is a difference between playing like a "man" and or trying to protect yourself. Uneskillful players like Granvenson (whoever you spell that name) or some dumb dudes never play the ball, they can't even make a good pass of 10 yards, as a Coach I seriously would not have on my team kids like that. Physical soccer make the game look sorry... boring, and violent!

Some people exagerate, some people is on the ground all the time. I think that is not good but again, it happens in pro, it happens in Germany, Argentina, Brazil, everywhere.

As a ref (I used to ref little kids) you have to protect "the talented." Players like the one I mentioned before (Graveson) never play the ball... and i mean never, he has not skill, none, he needs to play rugby or something!

As a Coach I think its pretty sad, but again... hey you can get a penalty kick, that may be the game.

That's my opinion, as an "skillfull" player I do think diving is good sometimes (unless we get rid of uneskillfull players). I do not like the idea of winning an important game because of an unfair call. A Coach that encourage his players to do that, he'll always be a sencond place Coach, always!

#67528 01/23/06 10:59 PM
coach
coach
As long as the refs see it and call it, diving is no different than pulling someone's shirt or a push. Players try to get away with that too. Just needs to be called everytime. Freddy is a big paid pro now. He will have to suffer whatever consequences come with running his mouth.

#67529 01/24/06 01:28 AM
L
lurker Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
L
Diving is a bit different from pulling someone's shirt or a push. According to the "Decisions of the International F.A. Board", incorporated into the Laws of the Game, "Any simulating action anywhere on the field, which is intended to deceive the referee, must be sanctioned as unsporting behaviour." In other words, diving is a mandatory yellow card. A push or pull is just a foul (unless done in a violent or reckless manner).

Plus, I've never heard of a player bragging about pushing during a post-game interview.

PS. Feno, as a ref, you need to protect all of the players, not just the "talented".

#67530 01/24/06 01:35 AM
coach
coach
True, a dive is mandatory yellow, but it is still just a foul. He didn't violate any ethical code by diving. And don't you agree that Freddy is now a pro, and pros can say whatever they want to? Anyone can disregard his alleged advocation of 'cheating' or strategic tactical play by diving. He is just a player. He has no obligation to be an example or role model for anyone. He can brag about anything he wants. I don't think there are role models in sports, like there used to be. Real role models are parents and coaches.

#67531 01/24/06 03:26 AM
J
world cup
world cup
J
I for one..am tired of people pretending like professional atheletes are/should be roll models for children.

Maybe it's just the way I was raised..but I didn't grow-up thinking professional atheletes were these super-human-epitome-of-mankind type figures.

I think society likes to asign professional atheletes this moral obligation so that we feel better about them being paid 1,000,000,000,000 to kick/throw/run with/hit/pass/shoot/etc a ball..

I agree with the Stroke here.. Adu has no moral obligation to us until you/we lobby somebody to put "Moral Conscience" into contracts. And..like I said..I don't care that much.

quote:
Plus, I've never heard of a player bragging about pushing during a post-game interview.
Did you just start following professional sports this week?

#67532 01/24/06 02:09 PM
coach
coach
Lurker's main point in initial post was the role model issue. I doubt he will 'lose any calls'. In any sport you win some calls & you lose some calls.

#67533 01/24/06 03:39 PM
S
Goal
Goal
S
This thread provides an excellent opportunity for me to fill your heads with more useless trivia.

1) When did Freddy Adu draw his first red card as a pro?
2) When did the Boy Wonder score his first pro goal?

Answer: They happened in the same game. March 20, 2004 against our very own Charleston Battery. The game was during the first Carolina Challenge Cup and Freddy's 1st game as a pro for DCU.

And now, some documentation. First, the foul very cheeky, IMHO. (And BTW, is it just me or does the ref look like Claudio Reyna?)

-

-

-

And now the goal, scored in front of the Battery's Ted Chronopolous. Defense wasn't good but the kid finished it off.

-

-

-

Here're all the photos from that game, shot by Andy Mead of Yellow Card Journalism. http://www.ibiblio.org/footy/2004/0320_char_dc_ajm.php

#67534 01/24/06 04:30 PM
J
world cup
world cup
J
quote:
Originally posted by kickman:
Missing the point: bragging is dumb tactically, not due to the role model issue. As lurker said, someone who tells the world he is trying to put the ref in a tough position will lose a lot of calls now.

I just.. don't think there is that much secrecy in the most popular sport in the world. Who didn't know that people dive to force a call? They do it all the time in EPL and EVERYWHERE.. get off Adu's back.

#67535 01/25/06 05:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From the book "The Champion Within, Training Soccer Champions, by Lauren Gregg with Tim Nash, Oct 1999, Chapter II, 1991: American Women Set Standard...US WNT reviews their performance in the 1991 World Cup...page 164, item 4 reads,

" We (US WNT) needed to be more sophisticated. We didn't know how to draw a foul. In fact, we didn't know how to get calls even when we were fouled. We would often fight to not fall over. That was a by-product of the culture we had created---don't complain;stay on your feet..."

#67536 01/25/06 05:10 AM
S
Goal
Goal
S
It's a 2 edged sword. I hope everyone remembers this thread when your favorite team loses a game due to a questionable PK call. I want to hear you congratulate your opponent for being so sophisticated.....

#67537 01/24/06 06:01 PM
J
world cup
world cup
J
If only the best man always won!

..then no one would play the game.

#67538 01/25/06 01:27 AM
C
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
C
Just watched the "dive" on USSoccer - "all access video" or something like that - see second half highlights (time for pet peave declaration [Mad] - why wasn't this game on TV? [Confused] - now back to the topic). The "dive" IMHO should have been a no call. If the defender doesn't jump up and get in Adu's face it probably would have been. It didn't appear that Freddy was trying to milk the contact, complaining of a broken foot or something - he just went down, no 2-1/2 flops on the ground, no raised arms asking the ref for the call. It's a no call. I believe the Ref was Mexican, not implying anything except I've seen a lot worse dives made in their pro league that resulted in no calls. The same is true of the European Leagues.

I'm not advocating diving, it doesn't belong in the game, neither does shirt pulling or pushing. But they're there.

#67539 01/26/06 03:43 AM
goal kick
goal kick
quote:
Originally posted by Fenomeno:

Diving can be cheating, strategy, controversial, or even good for "skillfull" players.

As a player.

I do prefer to dive sometimes because it protects yourself, sometimes you have "uneskillful" players againts you that do not play the ball. They play "hard" but what they mean by "playing hard" is going crazy after the you. ...

That's my opinion, as an "skillfull" player I do think diving is good sometimes (unless we get rid of uneskillfull players). I do not like the idea of winning an important game because of an unfair call. A Coach that encourage his players to do that, he'll always be a sencond place Coach, always!

Well, I certainly don't think of myself as a "skillful player" but I really can't stand diving. I'm sick of having pro games constantly interrupted by players rolling around crying and writhing in pain after the slightest contact. Amateur refs are actually better about not falling for this sort of thing, and I've got no patience at all for a weekend warrior who dives. Maybe I'm not skillful, but if I go down, it's not an act. I am really surprised there's debate on this point.

#67540 01/26/06 07:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by LeGrazie:
quote:

As a player.

I do prefer to dive sometimes because it protects yourself, sometimes you have "uneskillful" players againts you that do not play the ball. They play "hard" but what they mean by "playing hard" is going crazy after the you. ...

Well, I certainly don't think of myself as a "skillful player" but I really can't stand diving. I'm sick of having pro games constantly interrupted by players rolling around crying and writhing in pain after the slightest contact. Amateur refs are actually better about not falling for this sort of thing, and I've got no patience at all for a weekend warrior who dives. Maybe I'm not skillful, but if I go down, it's not an act. I am really surprised there's debate on this point.
I like watching college footbal. Doesn't the quarterback (I hope I spelled that right) goes to the ground when he is about to get tackle? Why doesn't he takes it like a man and run the ball?

Is the quarterback trying to protect himself from an injury, or he is just being a chicken?

When you have skill, you try to avoid kids like that. You don't have to be Ronaldinho, but just try to play the ball, that would make the game look better.

In Argentina, Brazil, or any Latin country, when soccer gets too phisical, people leave the stadium. Soccer is a game of skill.

#67541 01/26/06 10:25 AM
N
kick off
kick off
N
Fenomeno - Who are you trying to fool? Be realistic about this subject. Are you trying to say the reason you see so many dives and faked injuries is because they are trying to protect themselves? I was born at night, but it was not last night. You see a player rolling around on the ground in agony and pain, they carry him off on a stretcher, they get him off the field, A MIRACLE HAPPENS, He has fully recovered!! He is back on the sideline waiting to go back into the game. All this happens within minutes. What a joke. Why all the acting??? Play the game. You call that skill?

#67542 01/27/06 05:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by NOTREBMALHH:
Fenomeno - Who are you trying to fool? Be realistic about this subject. Are you trying to say the reason you see so many dives and faked injuries is because they are trying to protect themselves? I was born at night, but it was not last night. You see a player rolling around on the ground in agony and pain, they carry him off on a stretcher, they get him off the field, A MIRACLE HAPPENS, He has fully recovered!! He is back on the sideline waiting to go back into the game. All this happens within minutes. What a joke. Why all the acting??? Play the game. You call that skill?

I never said it was skill... I said that it could be a way to protect yourself.

Diving is one thing, acting is a different story. Somebody said it before... it does not belong to the game, but it happens... Cheating is part of any sport, is part of life, whether we like to recognize it or not. Like I say, the best solution is encourage players to play the ball, try to avoid the boring physical game, develop skill, and of course CHEATING IS WRONG!

If Adu was as good as some people think he is. He would be on the newspaper because of his great perfomance, like Lionel Messi does, not because of a "controversy" diving scene.

Diving was well devoloped by a German, I don't remember his name. In one World Cup he got about 3 penalty kicks. He was some sort of "master" fooling refferes.

The diving I was talking about is to avoid hard tackles. I guess I went the wrong way. Diving looking for penalty kicks is absolutely wrong! The acting thing is also wrong, but is hard to judge if somebody is truly in paint at the moment.

#67543 01/26/06 06:34 PM
goal
goal
"I like watching college footbal. Doesn't the quarterback (I hope I spelled that right) goes to the ground when he is about to get tackle? Why doesn't he takes it like a man and run the ball?"

Feminin, why would you be so danged worried about your spelling when the rest of your sentence structure and tense need to be deciphered with a special decoder ring? Really man, what an oxymoron! and since you are "skillfull" and like diving so much, I know a great cliff....

#67544 01/26/06 06:34 PM
goal
goal
...oh and also, Peace dudes!(what a fag)

#67545 01/26/06 06:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by AH2K3:
...oh and also, Peace dudes!(what a fag)

High Shool kids.

#67546 01/26/06 07:13 PM
Goal
Goal
Big time fenomeno going straight out of High "Shool" (his spelling, not mine nor Webster's nor dictionary.com nor anybody elses) and going to the great state of California where apparently a couple of Plex 3rd division championships and a Men's league outdoor second place get you a spot on the roster up at Cal State. Goodluck and Godspeed. I pray they don't have computers there.

#67547 01/26/06 07:42 PM
goal
goal
Feminin better hope he is better at soccer than at grammar! How in the heck can someone with grammar that bad get through college. What a stud!

#67548 01/26/06 07:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was recently quoted as saying that I think we need at least three new faces brought in during the summer and I stand by that.
Steven Gerrard

In what High Schools you guys play again?

#67549 01/26/06 08:13 PM
goal
goal
Sorry I'm not good enough to play in high school, but if I was I would want to play for a fun school like 96, just becuase its a cool number if you turn it around! Which reminds me...

#67550 01/26/06 11:59 PM
A
throw in
throw in
A
grammar is spelled with an a not e!

#67551 01/27/06 02:46 AM
corner kick
corner kick
quote:

As a ref (I used to ref little kids) you have to protect "the talented." Players like the one I mentioned before (Graveson) never play the ball... and i mean never, he has not skill, none, he needs to play rugby or something!

no skill? ya that makes alot of sense. no skill yet he plays pro soccer.
besides feno, weren't you banned? Or am I guilty of wishful thinking?

#67552 01/27/06 05:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by aleksandrus11:
quote:

no skill? ya that makes alot of sense. no skill yet he plays pro soccer.
besides feno, weren't you banned? Or am I guilty of wishful thinking?

I used to pay some attention to you because I did not know you were a HS kid, knowing who you are, who do you play for, and how much racist you are... I'll just leave it like that.

Good luck in the HS season, as I told you before, let me know if you guys play DF or Irmo this season. That would be interesting to watch since you think you're a D1 College prospect from Swansea (is that a 4A school?). Let see if you can mess with my boys in town, kids your age but they can actually move the ball.

#67553 01/27/06 05:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by AirMaddox:
grammar is spelled with an a not e!

Haha, see what I am talking about? How can you get mad or try to argue with these kids?

#67554 01/29/06 01:28 AM
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by NOTREBMALHH:

I never said it was skill... I said that it could be a way to protect yourself.

Diving is one thing, acting is a different story. Somebody said it before... it does not belong to the game, but it happens... Cheating is part of any sport, is part of life, whether we like to recognize it or not. Like I say, the best solution is encourage players to play the ball, try to avoid the boring physical game, develop skill, and of course CHEATING IS WRONG!

cough, cough...maradona hand ball...cough goal..cough, coug.
wow fenomeno maradona cheated how does that make you feel. oh yeah i think he was in a few fights also but people still regard him as good.
same situation with adu.

i think that diving can be compared to a charge in basketball. you set it up to where you are fouled its the referee's discretion weither or not to call it a charge or a blocking foul on you. Usually you'll get the call but sometimes it just doesn't go your way but thats the chance that adu took. the only thing that actually made the situation worse was the past game comments that he made.

#67555 01/29/06 01:33 AM
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
hey fenomeno
"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE "-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-....

#67556 01/29/06 02:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by SwanseaWinger07:
hey fenomeno
"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE "-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-"GIT-R-DONE"-....

What?

O yeah you play for Swansea? # 11 from Swansea told me that he will play D1 in college. Is he really that good? What division is Swansea, are you guys going to be strong this year? just wondering... nothing controversial but its always nice to know who is good.

#67557 01/29/06 03:48 PM
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
relatively good i think only because the whole starting roster is back in good form.

#67558 01/29/06 04:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
relatively good i think only because the whole starting roster is back in good form.

how about # 11? numero once? kid talks so mad s... i have any doubts swansea may be good, maybe better than DF ;-), but numero 11 (aleksandrus) think he is the next henry... is he really that good? he think he is better than pros and stuff... kids got a mouth...

#67559 01/29/06 04:23 PM
goal
goal
Feminin, does that remind you of any body? Think hard, hummmmmmmm, maybe yourself! No you, think much more of yourself than any kid ever.
Geez, pot meet ketle!

#67560 01/29/06 06:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Feminin, does that remind you of any body? Think hard, hummmmmmmm, maybe yourself! No you, think much more of yourself than any kid ever.
Geez, pot meet ketle!

Well I am not Ronaldo, but I used to play soccer for DF, I play for the best team in Columbia Mans League. Oh yeah and I know more soccer than you do.

#67561 01/30/06 09:32 PM
corner kick
corner kick
quote:
What?

O yeah you play for Swansea? # 11 from Swansea told me that he will play D1 in college. Is he really that good? What division is Swansea, are you guys going to be strong this year? just wondering... nothing controversial but its always nice to know who is good.

Did I say that? I'm not too sure because Last time I checked, North Greenville is Division 2, and a private christian school. (or should I say shool) Besides, I only said that I am going to TRY to play for them. As in as a walk on.

#67562 01/30/06 09:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
quote:
What?

Did I say that? I'm not too sure because Last time I checked, North Greenville is Division 2, and a private christian school. (or should I say shool) Besides, I only said that I am going to TRY to play for them. As in as a walk on.
I'm not going to bring your racist comments to the forum... but yeah

I think u said something about playing for the College of Charleston which I think is a D1 School.

#67563 01/30/06 11:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
quote:
quote:

how about # 11? numero once? kid talks so mad s... i have any doubts swansea may be good, maybe better than DF ;-), but numero 11 (aleksandrus) think he is the next henry... is he really that good? he think he is better than pros and stuff... kids got a mouth...
Ok, here is the exact private conversation that I had with this here feminin dude:

Fenomeno
Registered Member
Member # 3552 Icon 1 posted January 25, 2006 03:55 PM I am Ruben. 21 years of age. Play for the best soccer team in Columbia Mans League D1 (Rapids). # 10 for Dutch Fork High School in 2003. Ready to play for California State at Los Angeles.

Who are you?

--------------------
aleksandrus11
Registered Member
Member # 3540 Icon 1 posted January 25, 2006 05:55 PM I am Alek. My full name is Aleksandre Canner. I am 18 years of age. I've lived and traveled all over the place. I am #11 on the Swansea Varsity team. I usually play Center Mid, or out on the wing. I have also played club soccer for several seasons. Am planning on playing in college, possibly at North Greenville. I think that I am better than the average player (I let my feet do the talking). In Pro soccer I support Celtic, and will til the day I die.

Fenomeno
Registered Member
Member # 3552 Icon 1 posted January 25, 2006 07:01 PM Swansea? Are you serious? 18? Go home dude.

--------------------

aleksandrus11
Registered Member
Member # 3540 Icon 1 posted January 26, 2006 03:05 PM what's your problem anyways? you asked me who I am and I told you. Just because I'm 18, doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about. Just because I'm from swansea doesn't mean I can't play. In fact, I think that I could run circles around you and your "ex-pro" uncle. I'm willing to have a normal conversation with you, but instead you criticize my talents, origins, and soccer skill. Me go home? How about either learn to speak our language correctly or go back to Mexico, or wherever the hell it was that you came from.

Fenomeno
Registered Member
Member # 3552 Icon 1 posted January 26, 2006 03:24 PM hahaha. conversation? are you serious? dude I have any doubts that you may be the next freddy adu. Are you guys playing Dutch Fork or Irmo this season? Let me know so I can watch how good you are.

I mean if you are better than I am, you should beat Irmo at least once, I did ;-) it was awesome.

Later dude. good luck in your HS season.

--------------------

aleksandrus11
Registered Member
Member # 3540 Icon 1 posted January 26, 2006 09:32 PM whatever, i'm through arguing with you.
------------------------------------------------------
now, feno, you can hardly spell, can't write correctly, and obviously can't read because you consistently read between the lines and create things that aren't even there.

ok, now that i've said my bit, let's get back to talking about some soccer.

aleksandrus11
Registered Member
Member # 3540 posted 25-01-2006 05:55 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am Alek. My full name is Aleksandre Canner. I am 18 years of age. I've lived and traveled all over the place. I am #11 on the Swansea Varsity team. I usually play Center Mid, or out on the wing. I have also played club soccer for several seasons. Am planning on playing in college, possibly at North Greenville or College of Charleston. I know that I am better than the average player (I let my feet do the talking). In Pro soccer I support Celtic, and will til the day I die.

#67564 01/31/06 12:28 AM
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
man fenomeno we are not dumb you obviously just changed the post just to make it look as if you had some amount of sense. nice try stupid.

#67565 01/31/06 01:46 AM
corner kick
corner kick
Let me just ask this one simple question to fenomeno:
Why, all of the sudden, have you decided to attack me? I haven't said one thing.

Anyways, about freddy diving. I think that faking fouls is, and will be part of sports long into the future. But, this doesn't make it right. I don't blame, or criticize him for attempting to gain advantage by his display, but he must accept the official's ruling on the field.

#67566 01/31/06 02:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Let me just ask this one simple question to fenomeno:
Why, all of the sudden, have you decided to attack me? I haven't said one thing.

Anyways, about freddy diving. I think that faking fouls is, and will be part of sports long into the future. But, this doesn't make it right. I don't blame, or criticize him for attempting to gain advantage by his display, but he must accept the official's ruling on the field.

Look kid, why would want to attack you? You come in here offending me, then you tell me you're fredy adu or something, then you lie (can even back up the things you say). YOU KNOW MY POST IS THE REAL ONE... WHO IS THE F.. NOW?

First thing you should know about sports is ethic. I guess nobody ever told you that there are some standars and rules you should follow.

1. Respect older people. People that is above you. You should show respect for everybody, not matter how old they are!

2. Don't say anything that is not true (College of Charleston) make sure when you say something, you know what you are talking about or tell people that is just your opinion. Why would I change something... and you say you don't like Maradona and cheating? How much different is lying from cheating?

3. If you are good, make sure you have some numbers, because almost anything can be explained by numbers.

4. Win something, then talk... for now be cool and then you bring your numbers after the HS season. I mean you should already have some from club and the past years.

I don't lie, I don't cheat, and yeah most of the time I win!

#67567 01/31/06 02:50 AM
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
i guess nobody ever told feminin about english. look feminin ive seen the private post and well its not like you say. let me tell you about ur rules. rule 1) nobody is going to respect anyone unless they deserve it. 2) that was not in the original post 3) numbers cant explain the actual flow of a game 4) same as 3 and well yeah you do lie and well lying is a form of cheating so well ur wrong.

#67568 01/31/06 03:02 AM
E
goal kick
goal kick
E
diving is not neccesarily cheating it is taking advantage of a situation that presents itself. there is a fine line between playing smart and bending the rules 2 your advantage

#67569 01/31/06 03:06 AM
goal
goal
Give it up Swanseawinger07, feminin will never be respected, he is too much of a self rightous ***! He doesnt understand how to have a little fun without going balistic on people. He really needs to see a shrink. That guy is retarded!

"hey everyone look at me, I play on the best adult mens team(becuase I am gay, not that there is anything wrong with that) and I am etter than all of you"-feminin

#67570 01/31/06 03:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Sorry I'm not good enough to play in high school

Are you serious? You think i need respect? from who? u?

Dude you can't be serious talking about respect are you?

U didn't even make the high school team, the high school team, is that a joke? how good was your high school?

#67571 01/31/06 04:51 AM
Goal
Goal
do you honestly think that everyone on here is serious everytime they type? i mean we know you are but you're an exception. ah2kwhatever could be some 43 yr old soccer dad that likes seeing you and others get worked up over stupid things on the internet. who knows?

#67572 01/31/06 06:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by shut^&play:
do you honestly think that everyone on here is serious everytime they type? i mean we know you are but you're an exception. ah2kwhatever could be some 43 yr old soccer dad that likes seeing you and others get worked up over stupid things on the internet. who knows?

"life is a joke, soccer is serious."

I do overreact sometimes... but hey I know when people is playing around...

I'll give some credit to the dude from Clemson... even though we had a litle "argument" he never offended me...

You don't like me, I could live with that, you dont like my arguments, its a free world... but you do not insult me... you just don't, that is not right! We live in the most civilized country in the world, and you do have to learn to respect others!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard