Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#67622 02/01/06 05:57 AM
J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
I figure..since at least half of the posters here no longer play "competitive" soccer..(also known as "wash-ups) ..that a thread about Intramural soccer might be interesting.

(No. This does not mean we want a Men's League thread..because people that play Men's League..are old..and REALLY washed-up. We only care about the young wash-ups [Cool] )

Anyway...

I'll repost this from the Boys Forum:

In the first night of Clemson Men's Advanced Group B:

Real Everywhere - 0 (Irmo Wash-ups) (The name of the keeper escapes me..but people were saying he was going to try to walk onto the CU Varsity squad. Can't really say we tested him much..so I can't comment on his skill)
Rowdy Rebels - 0 (Seneca/Daniel/TL Hanna/Me Wash-Ups) Our keeper Steven Benson from Parkview HS in GA had a solid night. Made at least one key save.

Decent match for our first match. I was surprised that we played so passive. I had a little trouble staying back at fullback, but managed to mark my man well enough.

Next match is 10PM on the 7th against "Im With Search" ..let me know if you have trouble getting tickets. I'll hook you up.

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
Just found the rosters:

Rowdy Rebels:
Brett Nolan
Sean Nolan
Nick Kickham
Paul Hughes
Michael Hansen
Adam Frey
Brian Mahler
Stephen Marshall
Brian Hill
Steven Benson
Angelo Dinkov
Evan Kaiser
Jack Rozier
Colin Merrill
Joe Garber
Jonathan Walker

Real Everywhere:
Josh Endress
Tim Runyon
Mark Bowman
Andrew Coyle
Patrick Faust
Christopher Hostetler
Andrew McClure
Phuc Nguyen
Kerry Shay
Justin Willingham

Schedule

coach
coach
So you are in a lower div. or are they all similar ability? Also, is there a traveling club team at Clemson?

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
The Divisions are:

Novice A & B
Greek Novice
Greek Advanced
Advanced A & B

Advanced is the "highest" division.

Yes. There is a traveling club team. But for some reason this year..they decided you can't join second semester. So..yeah.

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
This just in:

We(Rowdy Rebels) are ranked #4 in all of intramural soccer. However.. we received a sportsmanship rating of 2.00 so we won't be able to play in the playoffs.
(They started this rule two years ago..that if you are given a rating of less than 3 on a scale of 1 to 5..or get a red card at any point in the season..your team is out of the playoffs)

I'm thinking we'll probably protest..since it's the first game of the season and we're ALREADY disqualified.

That has been your CU Intramural breaking news.

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
I don't know about you guys..but I need a break from all this NECSA/CESA and Public/Private stuff.

If you haven't noticed..it has been three weeks since my last update.

The match scheduled for 2/7 against "Im With Search" was postponed/cancelled because of rain. Haven't heard any word yet on if/when that is being rescheduled.

On 2/14 we(Rowdy Rebels) did have a match against "Kellys Krew" ..as a preface.. Kellys Krew features a few CU Club futbolers..

Long story short..we had the same ref as our first match which was frustrating..and after a missed offsides call Kellys Krew went up 1-0. After the half things got worse..as in..dirty physical (on both sides)..guess it looked like your average men's league game. Anyway.. they put two more in and we suffered a shameful 3-0 defeat.

Kellys Krew Roster:
Sean Brown
Bradley Richards
Andrew Wilson
Eric Boessneck
Bryce Dill
Glenn Bollinger
Ryan Bollinger
Charles Miraziz
Lee Brackett
William Hardee
Edward Jolly
Luke Dimaggio
Christopher Allen
Adam Smith
Steven Dejonckheere
Brandon Macias

This week however(today).. we played "Out of Your League" and were very much in their league.

Rowdy Rebels came out on top 3-0. 1-0 at the half.

Goals:
Brian Hill
Brett Nolan
Sean Nolan

..i had an assist(ish) from a throw-in and missed an OPEN goal (not so good in the air).

Out of Your League
Richard Leary
John Longshore
James Southwick
Brandon Aveille
Nick Picaut
Ryan Martin
Jacob Barwick
Grayson Miller
Blair Clarkson
John Burnett
Trevor Strange
Edward Reynolds
Siqiang Zhu

..next/final match 2/28 against "Stage 5 Clingers" 10PM

World Cup
World Cup
I'll be holding my breath, Jack. Be very careful out there. USC has a no slide rule that was ignored by an opposing team member in a match against my brother's squad. He slid, my brother fell, and now has a broken humerus.

Live and let live

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
We could probably use a no slide rule. People don't do it often..but when they do..it's usually malicious.

By the way.. turns out the sportsmanship rule is accumulative..so after a rating of 2 then 3 then 5.. we are back in the playoff hunt.

coach
coach
From the Clemson intramural soccer website, this pic at one of LEdudeman's practices. They role-play to learn the game. (I believe ledudeman is #5). Good idea!

-

goal
goal
hahahahahahaha, I just love finger puppets!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard