Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
..if only we had that many people show-up for practice.

World Cup
World Cup
I can't see it. My computer sucks...

coach
coach
It was not a pretty sight.

World Cup
World Cup
New computer, picture pops up. I played against that guy on the right in high school. Tough defender...

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
Well folks. The regular season has come to an end. Yes..after a rigorous season that tested the will power and heart of all involved it is playoff time.

Tonight the Rowdy Rebels showed everyone how to go out in style. It was a very physical match against the "Stage 5 Clingers" aka ROTC Mongrels. But R&R made this senior night a special one putting away five unanswered goals and securing the goose egg.

Goals:
Evan Kaiser (PK)
Brian Hill
Paul(Moon) Hughes x2
Jack Rozier

3-0 at the half (i believe)

It will officially go down as a 1-0 forfeit win for us b/c one of their players didn't bring his ID card..so he couldn't officially check-in to the match. So they only had 10..and decided to forfeit rather than play a man down. This could actually potential hurt the Rowdy Rebels in our aspirations for a playoff berth.

The Rowdy Rebels share an identical record with Real Everywhere..whom they tied earlier in the season. Tonight Real Everywhere lost 1-0 to Kelly's Krew..who unfortunately put in 3 against the Rowdy Rebels. So it looks as though R&R may have just missed the playoff boat (or some other metaphor that makes sense) ..but you never know.

As soon as we get the word on our playoff future (or lack there of) I'll fill you all in..since you're dying to know!

Stage 5 Clingers
Steven Jackson
Russell Maben
Paul Faulkenberry
Francesco Cardella
Andrew Lundskow
Derek Heinz
Benjamin Heinz
Jared Kleiman
Jordan Faulkenberry
Richard Tuckfield
Andrew Lukshis
Richard Baker
Phillip Hoyt

..oh yeah. The skinny on my goal. I was playing Right-Mid ..while making a run into the box I was played a great ball by Adam Frey..let it meg myself..and the defender..turned the corner.. basically a one-on-one with the keep.. right foot bending near post..barely past the keep. Only sounds good because I'm telling the story..

..candidate for ugliest goal of the season. [Big Grin]

goal
goal
dont ever try a joke like that again, weak.

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
Touche' ..i feel the burn.

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
I guess it was above your head WDIM. Good call on that one!

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
Well.. it turns out playing in the advanced league counts for more than I thought..despite being 4th in our division.. we ended up being ranked 9th out of the 25 teams that made the playoffs (advanced, greek, & novice combined).

You can check out the brackets and what not here.

Anyway.. so..first round of the playoffs were tonight. Before I get to the Rowdy Rebels. I would like to say that the team I played for last year "The Sexy Beasts" ..now "Pat MaGroin" won their first round match 2-1 against fellow novice team "Wu-tang steamin rooster-tossers"

As for the Rowdy Rebels.. we won tonight 3-0 against the 24th ranked novice team "The Cru"

1-0 at half

Goals by:
Brett Nolan
Colin Merrill
Jonathan Walker

Pretty solid game overall..weren't really tested too much..lots of missed chances (Ex: I hit the crossbar with a wide open goal)

Tomorrow night we play (i believe) #8 Real Everywhere ..the team we tied 0-0 in our 2nd match of the season. Should be a close one.

That is all.

Edit:

The Cru
Zachery Ashton
Matthew Williams
Benjamin Glasemann
Andrew Pyrch
David Welday
Andrew Ross
Clifford Milner
Christopher Hewitt
Drew Powell
Nathan Wise
Richard Cook
Jonathan Douglas
Scott Lagstrom
Daniel Leach
Nathan Perron
Clint Cagle
Ray Hobbs
Lucas Young
Steven Hammett
William Reeside

World Cup
World Cup
It is funny. I care nothing about intramural soccer at Clemson, but the storyline has me hooked.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard