coach
Who cares about this crap rec. ball?

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
..it is a bit of a soap opera/circus.

I didn't mention that last night I didn't play most of the first half because I had to get a friend to bring his cleats. For the first time all season they checked for metal studs..so yeah. High drama indeed.

World Cup
World Cup
I care...and so do you judging by all of your post in the first page.

Apparently he cares about this as much as you do about Boston Parental Ethics towards officials . Everyone has their "thing". Why squash it?

coach
coach
Because it deserves to be squashed!
Besides, he missed an open goal shot!
Pure rec ball.

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
A ball was played into the six.. I beat the keeper to it..but somehow the ball went straight up (my theory is that I suck)..it hit the crossbar. After the shot went off the keeper knocked me down..so..not totally "open"..just trying to keep it simple since I don't really take this too seriously.

coach
coach
A perfect ball played to you in the 6? And you blew it? Did you ask Chico what he would have done? And no red card on the keeper in the box? After he lightly touched you and knocked you down? What kinda #@&*% refs did you have?

World Cup
World Cup
I'm halfway through a letter ripping the intramurals department for allowing a) you to play in the highest league and b) for slow-trigger officials

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
..i have played fullback most of my life.. this offense thing is pretty new to me.

Most of the refs are intramural players themselves.. I would definitely say there is a conflict of interest..but with 3 leagues and at least 30 teams a league.. they can't have Collina out there.

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
The Rowdy Rebels fight on!

Not only was the cold numbing tonight..but some of the bone jarring contact made you want to head straight for the Icy/Hot and Tylenol. In a rematch of the first regular season match (a 0-0 tie) the #9 Rowdy Rebels faced #8 Real Everywhere.

Real set the tone in the first 30 seconds with a blatant foul on Brian Hill. Somewhere between the pushing, shoving, and dust..Evan Kaiser put a rocket past former Irmo keeper Josh Endress.

Just before the half the physicality reached a flashpoint when two players got tangled up and went to the ground. After players were separated physical play continued but luckily the half came quickly.

At the half I think both teams mellowed out..though the 2nd half was no pansy tryst.

About ten minutes into the 2nd half Brett Nolan put a ball onto the crossbar..and Paul "Moon" Hughes was there to finish with a header to put R&R up by two.

For the last ten minutes play was mainly in advantage of Real Everywhere. With about five minutes to go a PK was awarded to Real..but their player blasted a rocket right into the left post (four inches to the right and it would have been perfect). After that R&R pretty much had things rapped up. Aside from a card issued to a Real player for contact with our keeper.. the match concluded without incident.

Unfortunately though.. "Pat MaGroin" fell in PKs tonight to the Pi Kappa Phi - Bushpigs.

Rowdy Rebels play tomorrow against the winner of #1 "s factor" and #17 "WTE" ..either way it's going to be a tough match for the Rowdy Rebels.

S Factor has a record thus far of 4-0 ..while WTE is 3-2 but is an intramural powerhouse loaded with varsity atheletes. So..we shall see.

No goals..no missed open goals from me. Just played the mid.. That is all.

coach
coach
Sounds similar to a recap of a playoff game in the Red Neck League.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard