Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
D
throw in
throw in
D
Jack - do you know anything about the WTE/sfactor match?

My son plays for sfactor and I haven't been able to get him to talk about the match. Heard it was 0-0 and went to PK's? sfactor is a mostly Summerville group - S'ville High, Pinewood, Fort D. with a couple of BE players in the mix.

Oh, congratulations on the win.

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
Dain-

Unfortunately..I don't know anyone on "s factor" personally..and because playoffs are four games in four days..there isn't really much time to scout other teams. You just show up and play.

If your son's team is who I think they are..then we scrimmaged them before the season started..and they were a very impressive bunch.

I don't know how it is at other schools..but Clemson Intramural really does have some quality players.

As for R&R- It has been confirmed that we'll be playing "The Varsity" at 10PM tonight. From what I hear these guys are mainly old Daniel/Seneca guys (our guys know a bunch of their guys)..so..should be a pretty intense match.

The Varsity
Ryan Johnston
James Orders
Roland Knight
Justin Cooley
Erik Forbes
John Cooper
Brian Sestito
Geoff Shyatt
Patrick Schwedler
Spencer Smith
Andrew Corontzes
Tanner Leggett
Brian Kniery
John Beeco
Phillip Thomas

Former CU Varsity players

W
goal
goal
W
that team is loaded. Forbes and cooper used to play on CU's team. Tanner Leggett can play as well.

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
I believe John (Adam) Beeco played for Lander and Brian Kniery for Wofford at some point too.

World Cup
World Cup
Stephen Furr

He sounds familiar...

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
Stephen Furr

2005 2nd team placekicker.
2002 handled kickoff duties in 13 games.

..he was pretty good for WTE.

coach
coach
LEDudeman,
Not that I care, but could you possibly request that your next game be played on Bowman Field so we could watch?

http://camera.clemson.edu/

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
..is that the 3rd or 4th time you've said "not like I care" ..hmm curious.

(perhaps you saw me out there moments ago Mr. Peeping Tom)

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
The improbable has become reality.

Tonight the Rowdy Rebels (minus captain Brett Nolan and Michael Hansen[broken ribs]) defeated "The Varsity" (who were also missing players..but I assure you..had all they needed..heh).

R&R came out strong as we have been lately. Evan Kaiser opened up scoring about five minutes in with a header off a throw-in from Jack Rozier. The Rowdy Rebels controlled most of the first half but in the waining minutes let Forbes, Leggett, Phillips, and Cooper get some space. Bad idea. After a few near misses a tackle from behind gave Erik Forbes a PK opportunity and he buried it.

1-1 at the Half.

Rowdy Rebels came out strong in the 2nd half. It was pretty hard to keep momentum with the ball sailing out of bounds and down a huge hill every 2-3 minutes. But eventually R&R forced a corner. Goal #2 was an own goal. Service from Sean Nolan, header by Paul "Moon" Hughes on the far post..I don't know who headed it in from The Varsity..but the goal was well deserved. With about three minutes to go Jonathan Walker schools at least two defenders then puts one into the far side net..just out of the reach of the keeper for the insurance goal. With under a minute to go The Varsity pressed pretty hard and eventually put in a goal..but it was too little too late.

Rowdy Rebels now 6-1-1 will face 7-0 Kelly's Krew.

Championship match will be March 15th (next Wednesday) on Historic Riggs Field at 8:00PM.

R&R's only loss was a 3-0 loss to Kelly's Krew in the 2nd match of the season. Luckily we've improved a lot since then..so it should be a pretty good match.

On a personal note: w00t!

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
More personal note stuff:

Say what you will..intramural is crap..that may be. But I haven't been this excited to play soccer in a long time.

I could probably write a thesis now about competition.

But instead I'll just say.. that a bunch of old HS wash-ups beat some pretty serious competition tonight(and last night)..and it's pretty cool.

That's all I've got. I'm getting my wisdom teeth out tomorrow..so you won't be graced with my presence for a few days. Play nice.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard