Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
nice athletic class. this is something USC has been missing lately. should be funb watching these guys play.

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
or redshirts maybe benp? perhaps some will not make the dress list / travel squads

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Four GK's, and some guys that had to fill in before. I would say 5-6 on natural attrition alone would leave.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Cardinal Newman's Matt Winstead has now decided to attend the University with the intent of playing on the soccer team. The star forward who has led the team in scoring every year since his 8th grade year (correct me if I'm wrong) was originally planning on playing at PC, but has since decided to try to play for the gamecocks. Good luck to Matt and the rest of the class in making the team and having a good college career.

hat-trick
hat-trick
what do you mean USC has lacked athleticism. Sambursky, Akinsete, and Eto are all phenominal athletes that get involved in the attack. Reece from last year was a giant in the back and was like a brick wall to all their oponents offenses. Goose is an extremely athletic keeper and all the other players are exceptional athletes. I'm not saying this class is LESS athletic, but athleticism has always been a strongpoint of Berson's players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No No No. Look at the number of athletic kids being brought in this year. ALL of them are just that. Atheletic. You just named four although I haveno clue who Eto is. This class has 9-10 Athletic kids in it. I would not put Reece int he "athletic" side. He read the game well and was strong. This class is by FAR the most athletic USC has signed in many years.

PS is the Winstead kid walking on or did he sign?

hat-trick
hat-trick
Winstead and Foster are walking on.
And I completely dissagree, I wouldn't call Prince or Pryzabella athletic, and we have no idea about the kids from GA or any other out of staters. All we know is that Evans Geathers are athletic. USC is always one of the more athletic teams (ie bigger faster stronger) in NCAA. Your wrong (not necassarily about this class, but about USC FINALLY getting athletic players)

brace
brace
quote:
Originally posted by Man U Fan:
Wiltse was on the U-17 national team but then was cut midway during the season because he was not good enough. Obviously he is a good player but nothing special.

This amazes me.

One can argue that making one doesn't need to be a good player to make a state ODP team, but most of those players are in the top echelon of players in the state. If a player is lucky to make a region team he is very good no matter how you slice it. Most region players go to the larger and better soccer programs in college. To go beyond that, to the national level, even for consideration means that you are really something special.

Let's not say a kid isn't good or isn't going to be a good college player just because he got cut from the national team. Most good soccer players don't make it out of state ODP.

M
goal kick
goal kick
M
I never said he wasn't a good player or wasn't going to be a good college player. I simply stated that he was originally on the National Pool/Team in Residency but was released halfway through the season. I agree that he is talented but from personal experience I can tell you that it is not quite as tough a process as you make it seem to make a regional team or national team. In essence, there are only one or two instances in which a player is considered for region team, such as limited exposure in club tournaments but mainly the ODP Region tournament. If you perform very well in this ONE tournament, you will make Region Pool. Again, there are possibly one or two events after that which the Region Teams participate in, and if you perform well at these, you will be chosen for the National Team. Obviously this is the most efficient and reasonable way to do it because you want the players who perform the best under pressure and at the highest levels, BUT, there is still the possibility that someone can just play well enough at these individual events to be chosen but not truly be at the level for which he has been chosen.

S
goal
goal
S
Man U Fan
The quality of players in Bradenton at the U-17 Residency program are the best of the best. All players will be offered D-1 big time program deals. Any and all players who make it to the camp,are under intense pressure daily, with someone looking to take their spot due to a bad day on the field. How do I know ? I just returned.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard