Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
world cup
world cup
J
Feno- I think you'd probably get more positive feedback about your threads. If you made them about the topic..and not yourself.

There are just other/better ways to preface a topic/post..without making it all about YOU.

Not trying to start stuff..just saying.

As for the topic:

Soccer popularity in the US is definitely on the rise. However, I don't think you'll have mainstream acceptance of soccer until the US wins the World Cup.
And ..sure..that sounds ridiculous to us. But look at college basketball..it's all about the Final Four. Look at how much we obsess over THE SUPER BOWL..or THE STANLEY CUP. Look at how many regular season games there are in the NBA..we talk about Kobe's 81..then wait for the playoffs.

That's my observation..as for this thread. You guys must have grown-up the middle child..right?

G
goal kick
goal kick
G
fenomino..uh.. i didnt even know who you were until i looked at this board.. but i can tell not many people like you. like i said.. i dont know you but i dont mind your opinions or anything like that but im not a fan of your annoying habits like copying what everyone before you said onto your post. thats really not needed. and the only people in the world that like latino soccer is latinos. but thats just my opinion..

G
goal kick
goal kick
G
fenomino..uh.. i didnt even know who you were until i looked at this board.. but i can tell not many people like you. like i said.. i dont know you but i dont mind your opinions or anything like that but im not a fan of your annoying habits like copying what everyone before you said onto your post. thats really not needed. and the only people in the world that like latino soccer is latinos. but thats just my opinion..

there you go buddy..now you dont have to copy and paste it..no thanks needed

goal
goal
ledude, there is a good bit of truth in that. Look at the womens team, they won big and it set of a firestorm for womens soccer, but now seems to be fading a bit as you don't hear as much about them anymore. We do need to win the big one, but unfortunately it might be awhile. Bad media coverage of our own pro games and college matches, along with odd(due to time zone differences) gametime of foreign matches does not help those of us that love the game. So yes, getting some press by winning the big one would help, nobody wants to hear about the loser's!...as my hero Patton would say "Americans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Americans play to win all the time. I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed........ because the very thought of losing is hateful to Americans."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by L-E Dude:
Feno- I think you'd probably get more positive feedback about your threads. If you made them about the topic..and not yourself.

There are just other/better ways to preface a topic/post..without making it all about YOU.

Not trying to start stuff..just saying.

As for the topic:

Soccer popularity in the US is definitely on the rise. However, I don't think you'll have mainstream acceptance of soccer until the US wins the World Cup.
And ..sure..that sounds ridiculous to us. But look at college basketball..it's all about the Final Four. Look at how much we obsess over THE SUPER BOWL..or THE STANLEY CUP. Look at how many regular season games there are in the NBA..we talk about Kobe's 81..then wait for the playoffs.

That's my observation..as for this thread. You guys must have grown-up the middle child..right?

Haha I'm glad Clemson dude is back, "el tigre fan."

I don't think I do the posts based on me, but my experiences as a soccer player. Nothing wrong with that (I think). It helps a bit I guess, but again I may be wrong. Did you have a post about yourself with about 40 responses? Are we talking democracy in here? haha just joking.

If that "talking about me" thing is going to keep HS kids out of posting "loco" ideas and attacking latino civilians for not reason. I am cool with that.

I don't need any more attention that the one I already have, being a brown man, with black hair, black eyes and with an accent living in South Carolina oh and playing in a League that is 95% white population should be enough, dont you think?

Alrite tigre fan, nice to see you back in the game. I'll take your advice. But hey, this is a good topic aint it? Come on, you know it is!

J
world cup
world cup
J
It certainly doesn't help that the World Cup is every four years. Americans have horrible memory (as for their heros)..the media especially will turn on an athelete/team at the drop of a hat.

side note: Patton was/is a bad ass. Indeed.

coach
coach
Who needs a World Cup victory? America wins da Super Bowl every year!

J
world cup
world cup
J
And the baseball WORLD SERIES [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] ..what a joke.

goal
goal
Speaking of jokes....ESPN sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"sports" my big hairy b***s. If, and only if soccer is shown by them,it will be on espn2. The media is killing soccer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The big question is, are we really trying? or we are just waitin until people laugh at America in Germany? and in the next one, and the next one?

Does anybody really knows how much more time America needs to be a serious contender? Come on now... everybody knows that America its all about winning... thats why we live here! because we like to win... to be the best of the best.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard