Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
world cup
world cup
J
Yeah.. I'm a bit disenchanted with Disney/ESPN too.

The other day..they had the director of some basketball movie Disney made on the ESPN "Hot Seat" ..and they just asked him questions about the movie. Shameless self-promotion.

Not to mention their sports reporting is just a joke in general now. Sensationalization. And many other multiple syllable words that i've made up.

goal
goal
Yeah, sick of getting up every morning and hearing about, T.O. and L. James, K. Bryant and D. McNabb! We played Sunday, no mention on sports center. The football coaches that said espn controlled how the country looked at sports were right, we only get to see what they push at us. Personally I would like a "free kick" at their espnuts!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My fellow Soccer-Lovers, that is why you get Satelite (Dish-Network or DirectTV), so you can get RAI, Univision, Galavision, Trace TV, Telemundo, Gol TV, STP, ERA-Sport, Fox Soccer Channel, Aztec TV, Deutsche Welle, Fox Sports spanish, ESPN spanish at the same time. All are international channels from around the world were soccer games are broadcasted every week, they go from spanish channels to Greek, Italian, Portugese, German, you name it!!!!!!!!!!!!

hat-trick
hat-trick
footballerTR-I think that the point is, we can watch it if we pay lots of money, and know where to find it, but for it to become popular, its going to have to be on mainstream stations like espn, abc, fox, cbs and such.

corner kick
corner kick
alright, i personally didn't see anything wrong with the fenom's post....but anyway...soccer is getting bigger. this year every single world cup game will be televised. I am pretty sure that is an improvement from the last world cup. So this world cup i think the US will become more involved in soccer, that is unless the US gets knocked out in the group stage.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Sorry, i meant to say that too. Not a bad topic or post at all femoneno. Anything winger says is automatically thrown out because he plays for swansea, and no one really likes that ah2k3 kid either.

J
world cup
world cup
J
I think "AK47" is a good nickname..his jingoistic-Patton-humping demands it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by benp:
Sorry, i meant to say that too. Not a bad topic or post at all femoneno. Anything winger says is automatically thrown out because he plays for swansea, and no one really likes that ah2k3 kid either.

I really don't mean to be ass.. in fact i try to be nice to people that I don't even know because i don't see the point of gettin into the "iam better thing." Again, you respect me i respect u, and that's it.

USA soccer is always interesting and always a "sensitive," issue.

But hey, we don't want to get laugh by "70 Billions Hooligans" every 4 years... I mean, soccer needs to go to the next level. Think about it, I feel shame when people in other countries asked me about American soccer and I am not even an American! How would you feel about it?

I am not saying soccer will be on top of football, because football is a good way to represent America, "The Big Dogs," but soccer should be seen as an Army... America needs to be at the same level of the SuperPowers... American soccer needs an evolution... and the sooner it happens the better it will be.

coach
coach
Three reasons that soccer will never become a major sport to watch in America:
1. It will never become the passionate pro sport that it is is other countries, because it is not a spectacular/exciting pro sport to watch on TV, unless you are a real soccer fan.
2. It is still primarily considered a social/fun sport at the youth levels compared to the competitiveness of basketball, baseball, football. Certainly there are some levels of competitive youth soccer, but it is not the majority of the sport.
3. It is not a moneymaker in America.
http://money.cnn.com/2006/02/01/commentary/mediabiz/index.htm?cnn=yes

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
[]Originally posted by Fenomeno:

I don't think I do the posts based on me, but my experiences as a soccer player.
[/QB][/QUOTE]

well if the post are based off of your experiences then they are based on you. proof read idiot.....next

If that "talking about me" thing is going to keep HS kids out of posting "loco" ideas and attacking latino civilians for not reason.
[/QB][/QUOTE]

well talking about you doenst provoke attacks on latino civilians, just one civilian...you. if people wanted to attack latino's then your comments wouldnt put a fire to it. they do it without you so quit taking credit for things that happen naturally.....next.

I don't need any more attention that the one I already have, being a brown man, with black hair, black eyes and with an accent living in South Carolina oh and playing in a League that is 95% white population should be enough, dont you think?
[/QB][/QUOTE]

well good point but you also described me you except the part about the accent. that really doesnt draw attention to you. its your actions that do. who cares what the percentage of whites are in your league it was your choice to play there. so quit your b****ing. your choice dont complain.....next

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard