Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
world cup
world cup
Star 11,

You have to mention Wigan.....still a great story this year. PJ's a tremendous manager.

World Cup
World Cup
No love for the spurs?

Is Henry closing down his gunner career?

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
oh yes dude

Wigan surprised me a whole lot this year, although their fame was shortlived with i think 7 straight losses or somethign like that, but they will definitely bounce back, hoping for them to place 7th or so in the premiership

Henry is not leaving, he is too dedicated to Arsenal and his form is not top ranked but its definitely improving. He's created an image for himself and for his fans, a move now would just demolish his career in my opinion.

world cup
world cup
4-0 last night. Real was one goal away from pulling it out and making it through.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
hmm juicy lol

Arsenal and Liverpool - wow, i looked at the stats on ESPN Soccernet and for some reason I think they were incorrect even though I personally did not watch the game

It had

Liverpool with like 43 shots and 9 on target, and Arsenal with 21 shots or something and 2 on target.

If that is true i should watch that game lol !!!!!

Liverpool is pulling wins out of their (donkeys) right now. With all these youth signings, Liverpool will be a hard contender in the next 5 years, and that's a guarantee !!!!!!!

goal
goal
Real are playing very poorly this season simply because they have no continuity in the managers chair, I don't know how many they have gotten through in the last few seasons. As a result of this they blow hot and cold in their games - the two games vs Zaragoza were a perfect microcosm of their past two seasons. Real, in my opinion could go to Arsenal (themselves struggling for form) and stuff them just as easily as they could get mauled! It'll be a good tie with two teams who like to play flowing attacking football.

Henry, I think, will leave Arsenal during the summer - well he will if he's as ambitious as he says he is. The only things keeping him at the Arse are his loyalty to Arsene Wenger (who showed faith in him and turned him into the player he is now), the French contingent at Arsenal and his captaincy. There's no doubt he loves the club, but as the man says himself, he has to be sure that the clubs sporting ambitions match his own before he signs a new contract (his current one expires in '07 - when he can leave for nothing, dont think the Arsenal moneymen aren't thinking about that with Ashburton Grove to pay for). He's got maybe 3 years left at his current level and unlike the other "greatest ever" players around at the moment (Zidane, Ronaldinho, Roy Keane, Ronaldo) Henry has never produced the goods at the highest (World Cup/Champions League) level so perhaps it is the natural course of things for him to move on and make the final progression in his career.

PS - the Arsenal -v- Liverpool game was painful. A terrible terrible game. Henry spent most of the match pouting, pointing and shaking his head - an inspirational captain!!

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
I personally believe that Henry will have talks with Wenger about the singings that he is planning to make. If Wenger manages to entice some top players on making a move to Arsenal then I think that Henry will stay at the Gunners. Pires is good, I've seen Bergkamp sit some games and it worries me why they do that, a top class player deserves to start every game.

I mean they're still trying to adjust by losing Viera ( have a question, is there a Vieri and a Viera, i get confused sometimes cuz i see both names appear )

But yeah Arsenal isn't doing too bad right now, they just have to take a deep breath and play some good soccer, win the games they know they must, Liverpool is a hard contender and it was unfortunate for them to lose that game when they should have come away with a point. And that is exactly what i'm saying, they need to learn to put away games instead of thinking its over with 5 minutes left.

A
throw in
throw in
A
there is a christian vieri who plays for italy and i believe transferred to monaco during the transfer period (he played at ac milan before if i'm thinking correctly). can't think of any other vieri.

goal kick
goal kick
and there is Patrick Viera now with Juventus, formerly with Arsenal

World Cup
World Cup
I disagree about Real. Solidifying the managerial position does not equate to trophy success. Just ask Rooney...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard