Page 1 of 2 1 2
#6816 05/04/02 04:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After talking all that trash Dixie couldn't back it up. they were murdered by Southside Christian. finally all those rednecks will shut up
hopefully they will realize that they aren't good, and never will be. tuesday night the state champion will be crowned in 1a. the christ church southside
winner will easily take the championship. why doesnt the lower state team that wins forfiet so the upper state champion doesnt have to waist their time driving to columbia.

#6817 05/03/02 09:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep i bet they are feelin pretty sorry for themselves after being burned by SSC, but seriously they had a good season, seeing as how they play for such a small school.

#6818 05/03/02 11:03 PM
Brace
Brace
Well Dixie lost. But who did they lose to? Oh, that's right, Southside Christian. A team that who can draw players from all over a county where soccer dominates youth sports beats a team from a rural community where the players have little soccer experience. Wow, SSC should really be proud (sarcasm).

So that makes Dixie one of the two best public schools in the upstate, and one of the best three or four in the state. I say- congratulations are in order b/c if the "public" school league was just that, then the Dixie-Ninety Six winner would be playing the Blackville-Buford/Indian Land winner for the state championship. Let's allow Southside Christian, Christ Church and Bishop England to draw players from the area that would be their attendance area if they were a public school and then see where they fall. Until then, any private school playing soccer in the SCHSL has an unfair advantage before the season starts and do not have any room to talk trash. Goto SCISA and see how you fare.

#6819 05/03/02 11:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yo,Ha....Man you guys are critics...lmao...REDNECKS???Ha, PREP you dont know the half ...We lost because Of People haveing no heart..And dude above^^has a good ponit, southside and christ church can recruite people from africa,poland,england and even Bum F*cked Egypt...ha...I belive the two christian schools should have there own league...im out...1

#6820 05/04/02 01:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good job this season dixie. But still yll talked alot of trash, and didnt back it up. just keep your mouths shut next year. TRILLY TRILL

#6821 05/04/02 01:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i don't see why some people keep blaming their losses on recruiting- i seriously doubt that the cces players' sole reason for going to christ church is to play soccer (why would you pay that much just to play soccer- no offense). they have an awesome team but don't blame it on anything else simply because you're getting beat by the private schools.

#6822 05/04/02 01:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
(why would you pay that much just to play soccer- no offense)...tigerk..... they do not pay that much to play... soccer players get "scholarships" I'm not saying one way or another about if it is right for public and private schools to play together, but you do have to see that they do have an advantage. I believe that Dixie did very well for how small they are. If any of you have ever been to Due West you would know that they are working with nothing. But on the other hand they should not have been talking all the crap that they were. Christ Church...like someone said earlier... you should not be bragging about something that you should easily be able to do. I did not see Walhalla come on and start bragging when they beat the almightly Christ Church and yes I know we lost to you later on in the season but that was without 4 of our starters. So personaly I belive this whole "fight" is pointless.

#6823 05/04/02 03:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First of all, Christ Church cannot recruit. we have the same rules as all other high school league teams. just because we have palyers from outside the immediate location of our school doesnt matter. we are one of the smallest 1a schools around. and no one has come to christ church jsut to play soccer. and only one person on the team is on schloraship and its not for soccer. and to clear up all confusion about foreigners on our team, we only have 2. and both have lived in the US for a long time. neither were "recruited." Secondly, christ hcurch isnt bragging about being the best in 1a. we simply want all the other 1a schools to realize that they have no chance against us and to stop talking trash. chirst church doesnt even play 1a schools in the regular season except southside because we realize we should be better than that. we play teams like bishop england, dorman, greenville, riverside, adn chapin so we compete at our level. the christ churhc team cares nothing about 1a soccer and wishes it could compete in teh 2a state championship. so stop blaming your loses to us on this "recruiting" that doesnt happen and stop talking trash.

#6824 05/05/02 07:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i also think that this area has alot of good soccer players anyway because the clubs around here are really good- alot of the christ church players play club together but then so do greenville, you know?

#6825 05/05/02 07:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think someone should really address the public versus private schools issue.

I think it's fine for public and private schools to play each other during the season as non-region games, but.....they should not be able to play in the public schools State Cup. They draw from a wider geography, and probably do give scholarships or provide special treatment to top athletes. If this is not the case then the demographics help them too much at such sports as Soccer, Tennis etc, and it just isn't right for the true public schools. Private should be Private and Public should be Public. A level playing field should be the goal.

BE and Christchurch will be State Champions and the true public schools have no chance. Myrtle Beach is the best 3A team around and they've lost to BE for the last two years. Some people say it's coaching but that is just not possible over the five years BE has been State Champions. The law of averages says they couldn't be that dominant unless the averages were stacked in their favor.

It doesn't make sense for the Public school system to support this situation.

On the other hand Christchurch versus BE for the SCISA would be a great (and fair) final.

The public school teams need to make some very loud noise and give the Public Schools a chance to be State Champions. [Mad]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard