Page 2 of 2 1 2
#6826 05/05/02 08:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
haha...look at that dixie guy talk. he cant even spell much less play soccer. peace

#6827 05/05/02 10:46 PM
Brace
Brace
Well I hate to point out individuals but in this case I have to.

SINCE82- Before you criticize others on how they spell, look at your own post and others from your team. The correct spelling is "can't". It is a contraction for "cannot". Also, look at the post from your teammate "SOKER".

It would be impossible for anyone to convince me that if BE, SSC or CC were allowed the same type of player that the schools they compete against are allowed, that they would be as dominate. BE might be b/c I know the type of talent that lives in that immediate area, but the CC and SSC attendance areas, if they were public, would not be exactly soccer rich environments. I know from when I played in high school, those schools drew players that were zoned for Riverside, JL Mann, Eastside and Greenville. In many cases, the players I knew would have been the 1st or 2nd guy off the bench at Riverside but chose to attend Christ Church and were 1st or 2nd off the bench there too. You will never convince me that the education at Christ Church is better than Riverside.

And yes, some parents are willing to pay that much for their son/daughter to play soccer b/c the parent feels that if their son/daughter is on that good of a team and wins that many state championships, then they are automiatically deserving of a Division 1 scholarship to a top notch school no matter what their son/daughter's role on that team is. Paying high school tuition for the prospect of a son/daughter getting a big time soccer scholarship is too good of a deal for some parents to pass up. The problem is that, for the most part, an education at those private schools is just as good as the education at the public school those students would have gone to (RHS, EHS, Mann, GHS). Plus, if you are an average player and you sit on the bench for a private school, your chances of a scholarship go down. Why?- b/c you'll never play! This means you won't get as good of a look b/c you'll always be on the bench. Or you could be a more regular player in the public school you are zoned to, that may not go to the state finals, and play more and have a better chance to showcase your skill.

#6828 05/06/02 02:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok christ church doesnt recruit and their is one scholarship on the team and it was not given bc of soccer, it was given bc the boy's parent works at the school. Also noone has ever come to our school bc of the level of soccer, we just happen to have good club teams in our area. Look at the good private school teams and you will see that there are good club teams in that area so these good club players go to that school.
And about people not having to be zoned to our to school in order to attend, we only have an enrollment of 250 whereas the 1A public schools that we play usually have over four hundred, Doesnt that in itself even the playing field?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard