Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok Guys here it is. Post your World Cup Roster Predictions here. You have to go by the number of players Arena can pick at each position.

GK 3
DEF 8
MID 8
FOR 4

Best of luck and this should be pretty fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is Mine

GK: Keller, Howard, Guzan

DEF: Onyewu, Pope, Gibbs, Bocanegra, Cherundolo, Hejduk, Albright, Spector

MID: Donovan, Reyna, Dempsey, Lewis, , Beasley, Convey, O'Brien,Mastroeni

FOR: McBride, Johnson, Wolf, Twellman

World Cup
World Cup
GK: Reading's Hahnemann (sp?) for Guzan

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No Hahnemen(sp) picks up too many "soft" injuries for me, Plus his side , Reading, has already won promotion to the EPL so he will be sitting games in the near future while guzan will be getting tons of action.

Plus I think Guzan is a better GK than Marcus. Plus we need him to get the WC expierience now as he is the GK for the future.

goal
goal
Gk: Keller, Hahnemen, Howard

Def: Onyewu, Cherundolo, Bocanegra, Hejduk, Berhalter, Pope, Gibbs, Mastroeni(Defensive mid)

Mid: Reyna, Convey, Beasley, Dempsey, Donovan, O'Brien, Olsen, Lewis

For: McBride, Twellman, Wolff, Johnson

Big Change Mastroeni listed as D for more room for more mids.

world cup
world cup
Thank God we only have to play 11 of these guys. If our Cup fortunes were dependent on players #12 - #23 we would be in major trouble.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
figures you would be a Berhelter fan. he sucks!

goal
goal
not a berhalter fan at all but I think he has alot more experience than Albright it was down between those 2 for that spot, could go either way. I mainly picked Berhalter because everyone else left him off and had Albright, and what would be the fun of everyone putting the same D on here?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i having to go with jonny C's lineup!

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
GK - Keller, Howard, Hahnemahn

D - Pope, Onyewu, Hejduk, Dolo, Gibbs, Lewis, Bocanegra, Berhalter

M - Reyna, Obrien, Donovan, Beasley, Mastro, Dempsey, Convey, Ralston or Noonan

F - Mcbride, wolff, twellman, johnson

Couple of notes....not sure Arena thinks that its best to take a young #3 keeper. Whats better, sitting for 2+ months or staying with your club team? You gain experience when you are supposed to be the #2, ie Howard this year. Guzan stays at home and continues to play with his club side.

Spector separated his shoulder the other day playing for his English club. thats 3 to 4 weeks and watching the Cup on TV. Berhalter is in because of his experience. There is no way Albright should make the team. He got beat like a drum the other night and gave the ball away too much. He is quality on corners, but not enough to be included in the squad.

Not saying that I am a Ralston fan, but the head man is. i think Olsen is an injury away from going.

Forwards are pretty much set and have been for some time. Donovan will see time up top in the cup, most likely paired with McBride. Conor Casey, one of the better forwards that few people know, is getting healthy and is an injury away from going.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard