#68681 05/10/06 11:41 PM
S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
Women`s Soccer Signs 10 for 2006 SeasonBy SID 4/28/2006 11:00:00 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DUE WEST, SC--Erskine College Women’s Soccer coach Serge Lipovetsky is proud to announce the 2006 recruiting class. We have ten incoming players that have signed either a National Letter of Intent or a Letter of Commitment to play soccer at Erskine College for the upcoming 2006-07 school year. Nine of the student-athletes hail from South Carolina and one comes from North Carolina.

Three of the incoming freshman played for Coach Lipovetsky on the South Carolina 1988 Girls Olympic Development Program team last year. “I know the level of competition that these three players have faced in the past with our state team, and their respective club teams, which will definitely give us a boost of soccer expertise on the field,” commented Lipovetsky.

The rest of the group includes very strong playing backgrounds that have included previous ODP experience along with strong club soccer. We have been very successful with players from South Carolina this year and this trend continues to show as we have signed five players from CESA, Carolina Elite Soccer Association (based out of Greenville, SC). “I have been able to develop a good relationship with the directors of CESA (Andrew Hyslop and Pearce Tormey) as I know they do a very good job with developing quality players and teams,” added Coach Lipovetsky.

Below is a brief description of each player:

Kelly Casebere:
Played for CESA and J.L. Mann High School in Greenville, SC. Kelly is an extremely bright and talented athlete who we will rely on to support the team. She was in a serious accident last summer which caused her to delay her playing soccer this year. Prior to the accident, she was a very aggressive and tenacious player that made an impact on the game. We will look to Kelly this year as a student assistant as she has an extensive soccer background as well as provide some depth to the team.

Meredith Chevrier:
Plays for the Patriots Soccer Club in Augusta, GA on their U18G Premier team. She was a member of the ’87 SC GODP team. Meredith also plays for the South Aiken High School team where she is the team captain and has been named All-Region and All-Area 1st Team for three years. She received MVP honors for high school team and has been named to the Taco Bell Tournament Team. As a member of the South Aiken High School team, they have made it to the South Carolina 4A High School Elite Eight two years. Meredith has great pace and endurance at the outside midfield position. She shows great composure with the ball and can play at several other positions as well. I am expecting Meredith to make an immediate at the outside midfield position in the fall.

Lindsey Dangerfield:
Plays for Columbia Soccer Club Navy Breakers U18G team as well as Airport High School. She is an extremely talented and physical student-athlete. She is an extremely physical forward that has proven herself to be a goal-scorer. She has led both her club and high school teams in scoring and has received numerous honors for her efforts. She has made All-Region for her high school team and was named The State Newspaper Athlete of the Week (Midlands). She was Airport’s single season scoring record holder both her sophomore and junior years, while she was the 2nd leading scorer as a freshman. She is a fast and aggressive forward that I expect to make an immediate impact on the team this fall.

Kimberly Dehondt:
Kim is a very strong defender that plays for the CESA U18G Challenge team along with Pendleton High School. For Pendleton, she is the team captain and led her team last season by scoring 19 out of their 29 goals. She has a great deal of playing experience that includes playing with the varsity boys soccer team prior to her school starting a varsity girls soccer program. Kim is expected to strengthen the back line and give great depth to the team.

Kelsy Lindsay:
Kelsy is a very strong goalkeeper (GK) that will definitely bolster our team as we currently only have one GK. She plays for Ashbrook High School and Charlotte United Futbol Club (CUFC). For her high school, she was named to the All-Conference team and was honored with the Coach’s Leadership Award. During her Junior year, she had 14 shutouts out of 23 games and help lead her team to a conference championship. For CUFC, she played in goal and helped them win the North Carolina U18 State Cup. Kelsy is expected to make an immediate impact on the team in the fall. She is a very talented keeper and I expect her to contend for the starting position.

Torey Lybrand:
Torey is a strong and physical center midfielder who comes to us from Westside High School in Anderson, SC. She has good size and strength and controls the ball well from the center midfield position. She has very good vision as she is able to make accurate passes with good timing. Torey has been a point leader (goals and assists) at the high school level and I expect her to give us great depth at the center midfield position. Torey is an athlete that will definitely contribute to the team immediately.

Lauren Reynolds:
Lauren is a tenacious defender from Abbeville, SC. She was a member of the ’88 SC GODP, where she was a consistent starter in the back. She is also a member of the U18G CESA Premier team that is state champions. As a Senior leader for Greenwood High School, she is able to play multiple positions (i.e. center-midfield, forward, and back). I am expecting Lauren to come in and make an immediate impact on the team in the fall. She has a great deal of composure with the ball and makes excellent decisions on and off the ball.

Kasie Sears:
Kasie is from Greenwood, SC where she is a product of Emerald High School and the U18G CESA Premier team that is state champions (6 times, including GFC before the club merger). For Emerald High School, she has been their leading scorer for the past three years as she has received numerous honors (2005 Region III Player of the Year, 2005 MVP, 2005 All-State and All-Region). Kasie is a very dynamic player and leads our recruiting class this year. She was heavily recruited by many NCAA DI programs and we feel very fortunate that she has chosen to play for Erskine. I am expecting Kasie to make an immediate impact on the team this fall.

Kendal Shaffer:
Kendal is from Chapin High School in Columbia, SC. She is an extremely physical defender that has a great deal of experience of playing high level soccer with her club, Columbia Soccer Club (CSC) and the ’88 SC GODP team. Kendal works extremely hard and makes a great presence on the field. She is an extremely bright student-athlete and makes great decisions on and off the field. I am expecting Kendal to make an immediate impact on the team this fall.

Stephanie Withey:
Stephanie is from Simpsonville, SC where she currently attends Mauldin High School. She is another very dynamic player that played for the ’88 SC GODP team. At Mauldin, she has earned several awards for her outstanding play such as Most Improved Player (2002) and Most Valuable Overall (2003). She is also currently playing for the CESA U18G Challenge team. Stephanie is a strong and technical athlete that is very capable of beating players 1v1 well. She has great pace and endurance where we’ll see her at the outside midfield spot. I am expecting Stephanie to make an immediate impact on the team this fall.

“This is an extremely talented recruiting class that will definitely add to the rising level of play at Erskine. Combining these freshman with the group of players that I brought in this past year along with our upper-classmen should give us an extremely competitive environment to be able to compete well within our conference and region,” comments Coach Lipovetsky.

#68682 05/11/06 03:10 AM
C
bench
bench
C
congrats to mere... great player, excellent teammate, and outstanding friend!

Link Copied to Clipboard