Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Kyle,
This game is good but they are playing around with the rules. In the original rules it said you would select a whole new squad after the group stages from a revised list. You can't do that evidently. Then they said you can only have 3 players from each country. This morning if you look at the overall leader board, at the top is Cassie with some 650 points, but of you look at her squad she has 4 Argentina players in it!!!

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Yes, it is flawed. Have you noticed how it does't really restrict you in anyway from just loading up on midfielders and forwards? A couple people in our league have four players from one team. Frustrating, but I'm holding down fifth place right now and in the top 4% world-wide.

throw in
throw in
I believe it also said you would get a transfer by clicking the advertising link AND you would get another transfer by e-mail. I've looked at those useless e-mails and never saw anything.

I saw the "new squad" line too and wondered if I would have to pick all the players again.

It's not the best, but seems to make it a bit easier to get out of bed in the mornings.

Is there a way to see the fantasy stats for players without having a transfer available? How many people are playing in total? I really hate that I just found out that I could have been stacking up Germans and Brazilians instead of the bad transfer picks I've chosen. Of course, my picking them would have meant that Germany and Brazil would have been eliminated in the second round. [Razz]

J
world cup
world cup
J
..stupid van Persie.

..stupid Holland.

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
The Quarterfinals are set and right now it appears to be a two team race for the Championship of our World Cup Fantasy League!

1 JI Dutch, 561.5
2 benp's gay & so is Fred Beaver, 526.5

3 EasilyOdd FC, 494
4 Congaree XI, 475.5
5 SVWerder2006, 475
6 Capital City Gunners, 451.5
7 FC NYBayern, 449
8 The Gamecocks, 427.5
9 cap'n walt's all stars, 418
10 Soccer Blows!!, 417.5

Anyone below 10th place is not included for being under the 400-point plateau.

P.S. -- I have 14 players left and the "league rules" state that we will get the choice of two more players before the Quarterfinals. Will be interesting if these "subs" can make up ground for the title!

goal
goal
Lord Administrator is there some kind of trophy for this??

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
I hadn't thought about that, but since the World Cup is in Germany this year, then it's only appropos that our "cup" trophy recognize the Deutschland!
 -
"World Cup Fantasy League Soccer Stein"

goal
goal
Isn't that cool!!

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Let's hope we get the extra subs before the quarter finals like they said. They haven't been real good at sticking to their own rules.
We were supposed to be able to pick a whole new squad from a revised list after the group stages and not be able to have more than 3 players from any team but that went by the way side. If I had known that I would have picked differently.

throw in
throw in
Just got an e-mail from Yahoo saying
quote:
Quarter Final: 30-Jun-2006
By default, you will receive 0 transfers for this stage of the game

followed two lines later by

quote:
Click here if you would like to get even more McDonald's game extras to help you beat your competition.
with a link that takes me to a page saying I get one additional transfer. However, my transfer count is still zero. I guess this is just a reminder that I've already received the _ONE_ additional transfer I'm going to get.

Bazza, I hope this doesn't mean we're done getting transfers. The bonus page clearly says
quote:
You have received one additional transfer per stages (Group, Round of 16, Quarter-finals, Semi-finals).

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard