Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#68871 05/27/06 09:10 PM
M
goal kick
goal kick
M
AirMaddox,

Interesting opinions, very reasonable. I do have a question about your ideal starting 11 however. You think O'Brien is good enough to start inside for the US? He has recently returned from injury and I know this may be a slight factor in his fitness/touch, and yes he had a very good 2002 World Cup, but really ahead of Mastroeni and Beasley? Interesting.

#68872 05/27/06 09:27 PM
J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
I'm no expert..but this is what I would like to see:

Keller

Onyewu
Pope
Cherundolo
Mastroeni/Bocanegra

Donovan
Dempsey
Convey
Reyna

McBride
Ching/Johnson (doesn't matter to me)

I really like our defense. I think Onyewu, Pope, and Cherundolo are really strong for us..and the 4th spot is really up for grabs (though I prefer a 3-5-2 anyway)

I know Beasley is a great player..but from what I've seen in the last few games..he just hasn't impressed me. I think Convey and Dempsey want PT in this WC and Beasley expects it.

Between Wolff, Johnson, and Ching..I'm really not seeing anyone stand out. Though Wolff seems to have made an effort to not finish his opportunities. Johnson and Ching played well against Venezuela..but neither stood out.

Good thing there is one more game to go.

#68873 05/28/06 01:59 AM
World Cup
World Cup
LE, who are your midfield wingers? Line it up in Bruce Arena version 4.4.2 format. For example, bruce likes a d mid, attacking mid, two wingers, and plays a strong forward with another speedy player in the whole. All of this supported by a flat four.

Mine:

Top McBride

In the hole Johnson

Attacking Mid Donovan

Wingers Beasley Dempsey

D Mid Reyna

Boca Onyewu Pope Cherundolo

Convey is an excellent player to come off the bench for Don or Bease. Ching can do the same for McBride. I don't think Wolff can help us, O'Brien is talented but really won't be there for the long run with his injuries, and Mastroeni is versatile enough to move around a bit. Bruce has worked Dempsey around a bit and I like the fact that he can play nearly anywhere to accomodate the team. His only knock, says the coach, is his defensive efforts in 1 v 1 situations. Yeah.

#68874 05/28/06 03:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i'm with you L-E dude, i will ball it up with ya. good showing by the U.S.

#68875 05/28/06 04:13 AM
A
throw in
throw in
A
O'brien impressed me in the game he played....maybe that spot was a little rushed.

i havent been impressed by anyone to play the attacking mid. donovan has not impressed me at all. he seems like a player you cant leave off the field though. what is his true position? i still like convey over beasley and think he should be in the starting lineup.

i cant remember what i was watching but they were wondering who would play the left back. i think bocanegra is a lock but they didnt even mention him. they said eddie lewis would play the left.

#68876 05/29/06 12:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i think dempsey should play attacking mid, he is very aggresive!

#68877 05/29/06 11:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i would say try this out:

McBride Donavon(bc i dont have much confidence in any of the other forwards and donavon hadnt been doin much in attacking mid so slip o'obrien there he creates chances)

Convey/Beasley O'Brien Reyna Dempsey/Beasley

Bocanegra Pope Gooch Cherundalo/(wish we still had hejduk tho)

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard