Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#69555 06/14/06 02:46 PM
goal
OP Offline
goal
WOW, with the trouncing of the Ukraine by Spain, the US is no longer in the last spot. Hopefully we can improve our positioning, but it will be tough.

J
world cup
world cup
J
Spain has been awesome.. Ukraine was going to lose this despite the horrible red card/PK call in the 1st half.. Spain is just too much.. so many weapons.. Goal #4 was a beauty!

J
world cup
world cup
J
Worst performances so far:

1. Ukraine
2. US
3. France

brace
brace
I am a fan of France, but by what the teams SHOULD do, L-E Dude, your 3 are accurate; i would just add that France has been the WORST! Even considering the stinker by the US.

world cup
world cup
4. Poland

Poles get another try in 45 minutes.

K
throw in
throw in
K
quote:
Originally posted by L-E Dude:
Worst performances so far:

1. Ukraine
2. US
3. France

While I agree that the US and France played horribly... I really don't think Ukraine played that bad of a game. First off, Spain played the best game I've seen thus far in the World Cup -Spain is a really good team. And, as you said, Ukraine had to deal with that Red card/PK call which, in my opinion, was ridiculous.

As far as results of the matches go, yes, Ukraine would have been the worst. But the results of the Spain/Ukraine game do not reflect the level at which Ukraine played today. Especially when you put it up against the level at which the United States and France played....

J
world cup
world cup
J
US looked "uninspired" (popular word these days)
Ukraine looked outclassed

I think the US could play with Czech..

There was no way UKR was going to compete with Spain.. in retrospect..the red card was a gift. It gave them an excuse. Boot the ball to Shevshenko wasn't going to work ..even with 11 men (he couldn't stay onside worth a crap..and Spain's D was just too good)

If UKR doesn't make it out of THAT group..then they are possibly the disappointment of the tourney (assuming France gets it together for Togo and Korea)

PS - If Poland played every game like they were playing a country that used to occupy them.. then they'd be a perennial contender. Quality performance from the Poles today.

K
throw in
throw in
K
I agree that Ukraine could not have competed with Spain. They simply were outclassed... but they did not have a poor performance. They played hard and they were inspired; not like the US.

world cup
world cup
I feel bad for Poland....they hung on desperately and fought hard. Germany did earn the result though.

J
world cup
world cup
J
After nearly every team has played their 2nd match.. let's revisit this topic.

MY personal disappointments:

1. France
2. England
3. Brazil

No way France should only have 2 points in that group.

England..just..not impressed at all. No desire..not sharp.. lucky they're group is pathetic.

Brazil..not nearly as disappointing as the other 2 (gotta have an even 3) ..just waiting for the dance to start.

Link Copied to Clipboard