Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#69673 06/17/06 09:27 PM
S
Brace
Brace
S
..........look, the ref was horrible and i agree with you that he shouldnt ref another game, but he ahd to do what he ahd to do. It was retaliation one way or another. Let's be real here. And if Mastroeni didnt mean it as a retaliation, he picked a bad time to do that

#69674 06/17/06 09:32 PM
J
Brace
Brace
J
All's I am saying is that it should have been a yellow. If I would have gone and pulled a red for a play like that at the Illinois state cup games that I did, the coach/assessor would have crawled up my butt. I just didn't see the reason for the red. It was NOT a red card offense as explained in the FIFA handbook. A yellow followed by some harsh words would have worked rather than changing the outcome of the game to make a point. As they tell us in our clinics, the referee is there to provide for fair play and the safety of the players. The referee is not there to draw attention to themselves....IMO I thought it was horrible. YOu may believe that it was a deserved red...I on the other hand do not, and no matter of discussion will change my mind. Oh well.....better luck and hopefully better referees for the next game!

#69675 06/17/06 09:34 PM
S
Brace
Brace
S
Yeah, there's nothing we can do about that.

#69676 06/17/06 09:41 PM
R
throw in
throw in
R
Jag

You're an idiot! Anytime the official is the story of the game, not the players, he has done a terrible job. This officials call, like your comments " good call on that red" are ludicrous.

#69677 06/17/06 09:44 PM
S
Brace
Brace
S
How many times do i have to say this.........THE REF WAS HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!But that red on Mastroeni was given out as RETALIATION for that foul on McBride. That's how the ref took it. ON ANY OTHER SITUATION, MASTROENI WOULD HAVE RECEIVED A YELLOW CARD. But putting into perspective what happened earlier, the ref thought it was retaliation. that's why i said good call on that red. He did what he ahd to do whether we like, agree or what have ya.

#69678 06/17/06 10:01 PM
R
throw in
throw in
R
*****WRONG AGAIN*****

The ref should have cautioned him, there were other fouls by the U.S. between then and the time of the Mcbride foul. Just throwing cards around does not get control of the game. It was a ill timed foul by Mastroeni, but not a red card.

#69679 06/17/06 10:09 PM
S
Brace
Brace
S
Switch the tables. Let's say McBride elbowed an italian player intentionally. Ok, red card, he's out. Later, one of the italian players slides a little harshly on one of the US players. He gets a yellow, what do u say then? Wouldnt you argue that it was retaliation and he deserves a red? The ref gave the warning on those earlier fouls. HE, the ref in his own mind, not the mind of US fans, thought it was retaliation and did what he thought was right. Look, even experts are saying that it was the right decision by the ref, just the wrong time for Mastroeni. And the other fouls between those times 24/7, were they that harsh? Look,im not gonna get u to see it because it changed the game for the US and it might have cost them to have a chance of winning.

#69680 06/17/06 10:13 PM
hat-trick
hat-trick
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Ready:
...I would have guessed Mathis before Beasley.

Mathis? Mathis is not on the US roster for the 2006 World Cup.

#69681 06/17/06 10:23 PM
J
world cup
world cup
J
quote:
Originally posted by 24/7 SOCCER:
*****WRONG AGAIN*****

The ref should have cautioned him, there were other fouls by the U.S. between then and the time of the Mcbride foul. Just throwing cards around does not get control of the game. It was a ill timed foul by Mastroeni, but not a red card.

There it is right there!

You don't get control of a match by throwing out cards right and left.. This guy was a f**king moron from the get-go..

..the reason he didn't call anything in the end? IT WAS 9 vs 10 EVERYONE WAS BALLS TIRED!

Definitely ruined what could have been a really great battle. As it was..i still enjoyed the match..and nearly shat myself when Beasley put in the goal that was called back.

I think with one sub left we could have put Johnson in for McBride to try to counter and win the game with his speed..not sure why we didn't do that..but with the way that match was officiated.. i'm MORE than happy to get out with the tie.

GROUP IS CERTIFIED.. GROUP OF DEATH!

#69682 06/17/06 11:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe their may some truth in there being a Uruguay link to the Italy referee bribary scandel after watching this dreadful performance. I expect Totti had to go go off early so he could get to the local gas station to get the required cash for referee.

The ref probably asked for quick payment so he could cover pulling his flights home forward a couple of weeks. He surely will never referee a decent game again.

If I were Bruce Arena, I would have told it like it was at the press conference and taken the fine.

The ref was absolutely awful. He was banned in 2002 and yet is allowed to ref a WC game ??? It's crazy and it probably cost the USA a second round appearance. That will add up to a lot of FIFA ranking points.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard