Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
Folks, let's let WOLO-TV channel 25 in Columbia know how we feel about their decision not to air the morning match in it's entirety on Sunday, July 18th. You can call (803) 754-7525 and listen for the 'Programming' prompt to leave a message for Dave Aiken, programming director. Or email at DAiken@abccolumbia.com. Other contact links can be found at WOLO's website. I can't imagine a local affiliate not airing the Olympics ... Paid Programming, unbelievable!

J
world cup
world cup
J
I certainly will.. I thought I was crazy or something this morning!

J
world cup
world cup
J
Sent.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Not enough guys... (I sent mine)

Need to forward your email to

adidas USA
Customer Service
5055 N Greeley Ave.
Portland, OR 97217
USA
1 (800) 448-1796
customerservice@shopadidas.com

Nike
https://nike-store.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nike_store.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php
1-800-344-6453 (7am - 3:50pm PST, Monday - Friday)

Budweiser

https://contactus.anheuser-busch.com/contactus/email.asp
MAILING ADDRESS
Anheuser-Busch, Inc.
One Busch Place
St. Louis, MO 63118

PHONE NUMBER
1 800 DIAL BUD
(1 800 342 5283)

ABC
http://abc.go.com/site/contactus.html

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Sorry folks….. but I must come in on the side of dissent on this one.

I realize I don’t post often- choosing to sit in the wings and read instead…. And I realize that what I am about to say may be considered blasphemous and I labeled a heretic but some things are a bit bigger than even the WC. Church for one in my humble opinion. No I am not a bible thumper far from it, and no I don’t make it to church every Sunday -most but not all and yes I did make it today- however there are some people who for whatever reason CAN NOT make it to a church at all. Sick, lame, nursing home- the reasons abound- and for them “Church TV” is the only resource they have.

Ok… we missed out on 70 minutes of one game. Sorry but I have to support/thank WOLO on this one.

My humble opinion- Give me a second to duck and cover before you start hurling the fruit.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Tony...you are entitled to your opinion, but it certainly was not the case during the olympics on NBC.

Secondly there are multiple channels broadcsting church service and in this day and age of cable there is a dedicated channel. So I do not buy it.

At most it was a mistake to not warn viewers of the decision in advance, and I am talking days not minutes. This way viewers could make a different choice and have the best for all. This was not the case.

Trust me if it was a USC game thta was pre-empted the Midlands would be ablaze...

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
here is Mr. Aiken's out office reply

Due to local program commitments World Cup Soccer will be joined in progress on Sunday June 18th at 10:30am.
I am out of the office until Monday June 19th.

It would have been nice to know ahead of time.

J
world cup
world cup
J
quote:
Originally posted by Tony King:

Ok… we missed out on 70 minutes of one game. Sorry but I have to support/thank WOLO on this one.

Umm..no.

Salvation comes once a week..

World Cup is only once every four years..

J
world cup
world cup
J
My bad.. I meant:

"Church TV" comes once a week..

SALVATION is only once every four years..

[Cool]

hat-trick
hat-trick
Mr. Aiken should be glad his station is not located in Bangladesh. (or many or countries for that matter)

The following is quoted from Soccer America's World Cup Watch daily email:

Bangladeshi go on rampage after blackout

Bangladeshi fans wielding bamboo sticks attacked the Rural Electrification Board office in Gopalganj district and hurled stones after the power was cut off during the World Cup match between Argentina and Serbia & Montenegro on Friday night.
Two officials were slightly injured in the attacks. Extra police were deployed to prevent future attacks.
Blackouts are common in Bangladesh, where output of electricity no longer meets demand because of industrial expansion. There were also reports of unrest in Dhaka's Mirpur region due to the frequent power cuts.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Anyone get a reply besides the out of office one?

J
world cup
world cup
J
Of course not.

world cup
world cup
What happens this Sunday morning? Is England-Ecuador on ABC?

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Hurst...not a clue... but you are welcome to view my video of church TV this past Sunday if you like.

Hopefully you will not have this issue in your area.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Since the England-Ecuador coverage does not start until 10:30, I would suspect it will be shown.

hat-trick
hat-trick
I emailed Dave Aiken and he responded that they will be showing the ABC broadcast of the World Cup game at 10:30 on Sunday.

World Cup
World Cup
My comment about Doug Nye's column, "On the Air", that appeared on Columbia's "Talking Sports with Teddy Heffner" (AM-1400).
quote:
Teddy -

I see where The State newspaper's resident "television writer", Doug Nye, is poking fun at soccer once again.

The myopic Nye, who would have been awarded a Pulitzer prize for poor sports writing if it was offered years ago, states that the World Cup has averaged a 2.0 rating in the United States.

Well, in my opinion, that's not a bad figure at all considering the U.S. men's national team didn't advance to the Knockout stage of 16 teams and that the Quarterfinals begin today.

Just below that mundane column, Nye hails college baseball's National Championship game between North Carolina and Oregon State as drawing a 2.2 rating, which was the third-highest-rated college baseball game ever, and Nye shows his sporting bias.

I'm sure he'll be disappointed at these comments:

ABC and ESPN's ratings for World Cup have been excellent despite the cynics and obvious contempt of the soccer hating sports media in this country.

The Czech Republic-USA match was the highest rated program thus far in 2006 on ESPN 2, and the USA-Italy game garnered a 5.8 overnight rating for the ABC telecast. ABC also had a 3.1 rating for its telecast of Trinidad &Tobago versus Sweden and is averaging a 2.8 overall rating on weekend games, including games that start early in the morning US time.

This is compared with an average rating of 1.5 for Prime Time NHL Stanley Cup finals telecasts on NBC. OLN's cable telecasts of the NHL playoffs averaged a 0.4 cable rating as compared to ESPN2's average daily rating of 1.8 for World Cup telecasts. Keep in mind the Soccer broadcasts are during the day when viewership is typically much lower than Prime Time when the NHL games are being broadcast.

Yet the sports media in this country by and large assumes more people are interested in the NHL than the "foreign" game of Soccer. Or is it just that the media is fueled by Northeastern elites who seek to force Hockey down our throats?

Says ESPN senior vice president Artie Bulgrin, "I'm amazed at the interest." That's good news as we continue to build a soccer culture in this country.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard