Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
To end on a positive note, what were the best things you got from the World Cup? I love the average Joe's thoughts rather than some 30 second video montage.

Durring the Mexico vs Argentina match a commentator said "Messi isn't experienced enough to know to go down and get the foul." Messi, you stay up and run your ass off!

Both Argentina goals in the Arg v MEX match.

Someone saying that Landon Donovan keeps going to Germany and still doesn't play. Too damn funny.

Shaka Hislop against Sweeden.

Japan scoring first against Brasil, getting Brasil to show the only sparks of the tourny.

Australia! ...and Cahil's first two goals late in the match.

The blonde that was posing with the Brazil flag. Everyone showed a pic of her.

Lahm's opening World Cup goal along with the opening match. Whoever made the call of the hosting team opening instead of the last winner called this one right.

Kyle yelling "It's a sidweinder from Schweinsteiger" at Wild Hare.

The fact that someone could have stabbed C. Ronaldo in the 3rd place match and the ref woudln't have called a foul for it. I really don't like that little turd. Just gives me yet another reason to hate Man U.

Zidane and his return and subsiquent flame out.

Italy's own goal aginst the US.

How England fans are like Yankee fans. I think the opening game of the Yankees was 17 to 3, or something, and the Yankee fans were complaining that they left 21 guys stranded.

Lampard being voted "Miss" England.

Figo's last cross for a goal against Germany. Great shot.

Gattuso. That little guy had a hand ball in a pre Germany practice match. As Bobby McMahon said, that's the kind of intensity he plays with.

The Italian hat being put on the statue and Cannavaro lifting the trophey up. Great moments.

I'm sure I've missed many others.

EDIT:
Two others I just remembered.

John Terry and his defensive bicycle kick to save a goal.

Frogs being the Reason that the Ukraine lost. Too funny!

J
world cup
world cup
J
1) Benp asking, "Where is Zidane playing? I don't see him in the midfield." ..during the Brazil/Croatia match ..something like that.

2) Shep Messing calling goals..

::goal happens::

-ten seconds later-

"WHAT AN AMAZING GOAL!"

3) Setting my alarm for 10 minutes before the first group play match of the day. Getting a bowl of cereal. Watching soccer.

4) Eric Wynalda..just in general.

But specifically.. after the US lost to Ghana and Brazil won 4-1.

"Two forwards..4 goals.. Imagine that!"

..something along those lines.

5) The celebration after Beasley's goal vs Italy..then the subsequent "WTF!!"s and distraughtness..

6) Cahill's goals against Japan.. specifically the 2nd that went in off the post.

7) Spain's combo goal against Tunisia(right?) and Argentina's combo goal against S&M.

8) The Italian getting a boot in the arse during the US/Italy game.

9) McBride's bloody face.

10) My sister calling me after Zidane's red card ..one of many calls.

11) Angola's kits.

12) Kaviedes "Spider-Man" celebration tribute.

13) John Terry's clear off the line against T&T and Ashley Cole's save against Ecuador

14) Italy getting 8 men behind the ball ALWAYS..team defense..just amazing.

15) Zidane vs Brazil

16) Watching Mexico vs Portugal in Spanish.

17) Ivory Coast, Australia, & Germany matches.

..that's just off the top of my head.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
The German's play overall. Some future big signings amongst them. Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Frings,Kehl to name a few. Hope some come to United when they offload that little a**wipe Ronaldo!!
Buffon's save from Zidane in the final.
Rooney's stamp on Carvalho, which the ref did not see when it happened. I still believe he red carded him for pushing Ronaldo and then changed it when he saw the replay.
Balboa's lack of class sanctioning diving as a tactic, congratulating players on selling them well. What a jerk!!

J
world cup
world cup
J
18) Iran's flowers for Oswaldo Sanchez.

19) Sweden's 2nd goal in the 90th-91st(?) minute against England.

20) T&T getting the draw against Sweden with only 10 men.

21) Making fun of England.

22) The look of distress on C.Ronaldo's face during France/Portugal after Larrionda ignored most of his/his team's dives.

23) Dempsey's goal.

corner kick
corner kick
Talking about soccer with people that dont normally watch soccer.

Watching the games with friends, family, strangers and by myself

world cup
world cup
T&T's Dwight Yorke, checking his package and watering down the nuts, after getting drilled below the belt.

throw in
OP Offline
throw in
Oh yeah, I think it was in ITA v UKR, where a header was missed from a goal kick and it caught Cannavaro right in the beans. He was coming up to cover, got hit and his little knees just curled up to his chest and he went down. The trainers came out, lifted his legs and patted him on the side. I can only imagine what they told him. They all had big smiles on their faces.

"Doc says your gonna die" or "We'll spray cold on 'em, but we ain't going to rub 'em"

It was just too funny.

coach
coach
1.Watching fans drink big mugs of beer -

-

2.Mexican eyes -

-

3. The Women of the Cup - (I gotta go to South Africa in 2010 and set up my tattoo stand)

-

4. The exciting Mexico/Argentine game -

-

5. Best Game - Italy v. Germany

-

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1152525710345&call_pageid=968332188492&col=Columnist1087380802814

J
world cup
world cup
J
Still getting the hang of this internet thing eh?

coach
coach
Internet? Is that what this thang is called?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard