Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#70242 12/02/02 12:57 PM
Wayne Offline OP
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
Have any local Cola area coaches received requests from CSC for info regarding your position on dual participation? I got a strange request from them wanting to know what our policy was. The club VP sent it saying he was asked to get info from all area HS coaches. FYI, we have made dual participation a violation of athletic dept policy. Anyone else making a stand against it?

#70243 01/05/03 04:40 PM
C
Coach Emeritus
Coach Emeritus
C
I told my starting Gk and his Mom make a choice. Our athletic Dept has the same policy. You can't physically do it and you can't serve two masters. We started friday and he didn't show so he made a choice. We wish him well

#70244 01/06/03 02:44 AM
World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Wayne -- Unfortunately at Brookland-Cayce, we don't have the "problem" of kids having to choose between club or high school for the Spring, so Dual Participation will not be a factor at BCHS for the boys program this year (or in future years, if all stays as is now).

It would be nice to choose from 20-30 kids that played club in the summer/fall, but right now our demographics do not lend our student-athletes to that persuasion. We are trying real hard to keep our 10-12 "club kids" committed to the classic programs that they are involved with, but for the most part we are trying to get "athletes" from other sports involved to "fill in the holes."

It's just a necessary means for us or we'll slip into mediocrity (or worse) and such. Our team this Spring will be much different in terms of the types of kids that make up our program, but our staff is committed to giving them an opportunity to compete at the state's highest level of prep soccer regardless of their soccer background.

I, for one, am extremely excited about getting the season started just to see the kinds of ends we've made with a lot of "new soccer players," even though they many are accomplished athletes in other sports. I sincerely hope that we'll be able to pull some of these student-athletes towards soccer and totally exemplify what high school soccer should be.

Here's to a great Spring for all involved!!!

Moderated by  Kevin Heise, Kyle Heise 

Link Copied to Clipboard