Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#70254 01/10/03 04:27 PM
World Cup
OP Online Content
World Cup
I'd be interested in how many boys programs would be interested in competing in a "High School Summer League"?

We can play up to 10 dates in the summer, and I'd be interested in seeing if we could begin a Midlands High School Summer League, where players can play 6v6 or 7v7 soccer in the summer, so that we can maximize our training time.

I'm willing to offer Brookland-Cayce's Annex Field (practice facility) for play if we can generate interest.

Goal
Goal
this sounds like a great chance to work with the players over the summer...i have one question...can we do that...i know mid-carolina would put forth a team if this comes about

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would be willing to get a team together

Coach Ray
Crestwood

World Cup
OP Online Content
World Cup
Sean - Yes, we can hold competitions over the summer because it is considered "Open Season/Open Facility" by the SCHSL. Up to 10 days can be used for school against school competition, however if you go to a Team Camp, those days at camp count against your competition days for school vs. school activity. In short, if you were in a Team Camp for five days, you would still have five days to compete against other schools. In a 6v6/7v7 summer league, you could play two games each evening and still manage 10 matches in addition to going to a team camp. That's what I'm planning to do this summer.

Goal
Goal
the summer league still sounds good to me!!!

World Cup
OP Online Content
World Cup
Me too Sean -- It's definitely something I want to do this summer ... More to come!

World Cup
OP Online Content
World Cup
Coach:

I would seriously like to propose playing a Summer HS 6v6 League with minimal (if any cost) associated with this endeavor.

What other schools would like to play. Since my team at Brookland-Cayce will attend the Ralph Lundy Soccer Academy July 13-17, 2003 we have just five remaining summer dates to play competition.

We can play doubleheaders at BCHS starting at 6:00 pm and play until roughly 9:00 pm.

I would suggest two 25-minute halves with a 5-minute intermission for a complete game.

Of course we can be flexible, but this is a good starting point, I think!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Greenwood H.S. would be interested in participating

Coach Dickerson

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pendleton High School would be interested.

World Cup
OP Online Content
World Cup
Coaches,

If you are indeed serious about playing a Summer 6v6 League perhaps if we have enough interest we could "regionalize" the league. I know in Brookland-Cayce's case that travel is an issue due to budget cuts, but as long as we play in the greater Columbia area we can do this.

I'll even offer hosting the matches at our Annex Field or I could check with the Congaree Rapid Soccer Association about using Memorial Field, behind Memorial Stadium.

Like I posted earlier, I'm looking at adding five dates and two games on each day (1 hour matches). I know that this would help our team tremendously!

I would like to have a "schedule" out prior to the end of school, so all of my players can be notified and I can include it with our Summer workout plans.

Please reply if still interested.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kevin Heise, Kyle Heise 

Link Copied to Clipboard