Page 1 of 2 1 2
#7029 05/06/02 03:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe I'm just showing my ignorance of the ranking process here, but is the only reason Cardinal Newman is ranked higher than Ben Lippen because of percentage W-L record in SCISA? Because we split with them evenly, and that's the only region loss either one of us has had. However, we've beat teams by larger point deficits. And, if non-class games matter, we have a better W-L record and better point deficits in that, too.

#7030 05/07/02 01:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
jonp,
do you even know what you are talking about. Please remind me as to when the last time Ben Lippen won a state championship; or for that matter even got to the championship game. CN has been there before and that is why they are #1. They have already proven themselves. Anyways, out of conference means nothing in SCISA, and both temas have the same conference record, except for the fact that we are and have been the better team as aof recent years.

#7031 05/07/02 02:31 PM
C
goal kick
goal kick
C
The rankings at the scsoccer.com have nothing to do this how scisa is run, the are independent, I think they are done by a coaches association.

How CN got ranked higher then BL was a matter of circumstance,BL was rank #2 and CN #3 when CN beat BL, the number 1 team also lost that week so CN when up to #1 and BL fell to #4 in the last couple of weeks the #2 and #3 ranked teams lost while ben lippen won and CN won, thus CN is #1 and BL#2
Wins and loses don't really count for or against if you are playing a non scisa team, in the scisa rankings ( I guess that is obvious)

The really issue is how are the playoff seeds going to work??
If the season were to end now I do not know who would be ranked higher?
but my feeling is, is that if CN wins it last two games then they will have a 11-1 region record and BL will have a 9-1 region record
so CN will be ranked higher by Win percentage.

I was wondering why they allow teams to play more or less region games than other teams, this can be an advantage or a disadvantage.

#7032 05/07/02 05:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CN2000,
I wasn't attacking ya'll or anything. I was just wondering why ya'll were ranked higher. I look forward to playing ya'll Saturday if you beat Hammond and Heathwood. Good luck. Btw, why would it matter in rankings how well you've done in past years?

#7033 05/08/02 10:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i play varsity @ BL (#16) and im a soph. with a starting position. cn came to "the nest" and we dominated them. they got a luck 1st half goal that should've been offsides but wasnt called. that tied the score @ 1-1 (by the way i scored the goal). the truth is cn is a decent team, im not gonna say they suck cuz they dont, but they better watch out for #'s 4, 10, 15, 7 and the rest of the team cuz we're still ****ed about yalls last 30 second win at their suck field. saturday is gonna be a blood bath and we'll see you in the playoffs after we win this saturday.

#7034 05/08/02 11:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Zack, you still talk a lot of trash. You have not changed at all over the years since I have played with you. Saturday should be a real interesting game. To the others concerned about playoff seedings, first and second seeds will be determined this Saturday.

#7035 05/08/02 11:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the way, my goal we had against yall at "the nest" was no way at all luck. A good ball was played and we took advantage of the counter. It wasn't offsides by a long shot because I had chase another kid down to the ball.

#7036 05/09/02 12:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree you weren't offsides, zach is just full of crap, but the only way you have scored on BL is on fast breaks and one fluke header off a throw in that would have been impossible on a normally proportioned field. Not CN's thin field.

#7037 05/09/02 09:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brennan/Zack - what's happening this Saturday?

#7038 05/09/02 07:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Paruthead,

Tie breaker for first seed in our region.

IronwallD,
We had the same chances against yall off throw-ins at your place as well. Do you have any more excuses?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard