Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
World Cup
OP Online Content
World Cup
The Second Annual McDonald's All-American High School Game will be played at Blackbaud Stadium on Daniel Island Sunday, June 15.

The NSCAA and McDonald's graciously include one boy's and one girl's player from South Carolina to compete in the nation's most prestigious high school soccer competition. They also allow for one prep coach from the Palmetto State to serve on the East staff as well.

The player must be a high school senior and be actively playing prep soccer this spring.

I would like to offer this post to open nominations for some of our state's deserving players.

Only nominations from S.C. High School Soccer Coaches Association and S.C. Athletic Coaches Association members will be considered.

Please make sure to include your name and school when nominating a player. Also, be sure to include the player's name and school that he/she attends.

Thank you for your interest in promoting high school soccer in South Carolina!

Goal
Goal
Tommy Burke, Mid-Carolina
Stephen Stellfox, Chapin

World Cup
OP Online Content
World Cup
Some names worthy of consideration:

BOYS
John Eggert, Riverside
Mark Frey, Bishop England
Lawrence Smith, Bishop England
Stephen Stellfox, Chapin
Saul Stoner, Irmo

GIRLS
Britton Meyer, Christ Church -- I'm not an expert on girl's soccer, but everything I hear is thumbs up on this player.

D
throw in
throw in
D
Britten Meyer is a strong candidate for the girls player in Charleston this year. As a senior who is actively playing HS this spring, she has already set several school records. For the past three years, she has been team "MVP" and is very versatile. Her touch is excellent, her vision is excellent, and her leadership skills are superb. I would rate her in the top 1% of girls that I have ever seen (U18 and younger) tactically, technically, psychologically, and physically. One unique ability that she has is a very long throw-in, which is significantly more dangerous than a corner kick. She is also capable of putting the ball on frame "on a rope" from 30 yards and in with either foot. Next year, she will play at Clemson as a defender on scholarship and Todd Bramble termed her in a press release as "the best defender coming out of South Carolina" this year. Britten is an "A" student with very high integrity and would represent the state of South Carolina very well at this prestigious event. I recognize that I'm biased, as she plays for our girls team, but would like to put in this endorsement for her since I am having trouble making the SCHSSCA meetings (North/South, All-State, etc.) this year.
David Wilcox
Boys Coach, Christ Church

D
throw in
throw in
D
For the boys game, here are some great players to choose from (in no particular order):

Adam Shutler, Mauldin
Taylor Rowe, Daniel
John Eggert, Riverside

All three of these are top-quality players and individuals that would represent our state well at this event. I've seen them play extensively over the past 4 years. There are others from the mid-state (Stoner from Irmo, for example) and lower state (L.Smith from Bishop England, for example) that I have seen play a few times, but do not know much about.

David Wilcox
Boys Coach, Christ Church

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For Boys Game (in no particular order):

Lawrence Smith, Bishop England
Stephen Stellfox, Chapin
Tyler Hollingsworth, Pendleton