Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#70304 05/01/03 02:57 PM
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Just for our coaches forum I wanted to share with you the response from Roger Hazel from the SCHSL when I inquired about opponents players not being on the approved foreign exchange list posted on the SCHSL web site.

======
Roger,

I never heard back from you on the TBA player's approved foreign exchange status (TBA) and another kid they have (TBA). Have they been approved by the SCHSL?

Kevin
======
Kevin -

I appreciate you letting me know about players, but once I deal with it, any ruling I make remains between the school and the league.

I'm sure you can understand.

ROGER
======
Roger,

I do, but if an impropriety occurred, shouldn't we be privy to the action taken? It seems that if a rule was not followed then at least let those inquiring know about the action taken by the League. If not, then what prevents us from not reporting exchange students in the future?

Kevin
======
Kevin -

Again, we deal with a school when an infraction is reported. The rule that states, if a school knowingly plays against an ineligible shall suffer
the same penalty that is imposed on the school playing the ineligible.

I'm sure you wouldn't want me discussing one of your players with another school.

ROGER
======
Roger,

I do understand that, however I still don't see the logic. I guess I just feel that we go to great lengths to report things on time and such and it seems a double-standard for us to do the right thing on time and others not and simply get off. It's kind of like the CA Johnson basketball issue from what I gather.

Kevin
======
Kevin -

I didn't say the school got off. They are aware of the situation and we are dealing with the issue with them.

ROGER
======

Sounds fishy that the SCHSL deals with so many issues and keeps everything hush, hush.

Whatever happened to those inquiries by the legislature and certain newspapers on the legitimacy and effectiveness of the HSL.

These folks have good paying jobs with not a lot of accountability in my eyes.

Just my $.02, but was wondering what others thought.

Kevin Heise
SCHSSCA President

#70305 05/05/03 04:25 AM
C
Coach Emeritus
Coach Emeritus
C
Some type of warning or statement should go out warning on how to handle this issue and warn the violators. Just to let all know it has been approached and handled

Moderated by  Kevin Heise, Kyle Heise 

Link Copied to Clipboard