Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
Found this on another forum. Thoroughly enjoyed it...thought some of you might as well.

world cup
world cup
Great stuff! Thanks.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
Great analysis, LED. Can you do something similar to support my claim that Materrazi faked the whole Zidane head butt fiasco?

lpaf The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated
J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
Give me a few minutes and I'll do you one better!

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
Varying perspectives on this incident..

Zidane..Zelda.. close enough..

NOT FOR THE KIDS! Dirty Materazzi!!

YOWZA!

.. silly Italian.

To think..CESA wasted all that time with the Death Star-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KPb0zZGZhs&mode=related&search=

Zidane A HERO !

Oof! ..haha

Seriously though.. different angle for you guys:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zy3YbEiYMc&feature=Views&page=1&t=t&f=b

Last edited by L-E Dude; 07/12/06 10:46 PM.
S
coach
coach
S
Has anyone else commented on the sheer technical excellence of the header Zidane planted into Materrazi's chest? Technically, it was a thing of beauty.

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
They just showed some headbutt "highlights" from US sporting events on ESPN.. some baseball..some NBA.. I have to say (and the anchors agreed) ..incredible WEAK headbutts compared to Zidane's.

I can't tell you how many times I asked my friends why you would ever headbutt someone (before the WC Final)..now I know why.

L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
LED --

Thanks. I knew there was a conspiracy afoot.

lpaf The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated
coach
coach
I am sure the great LE Dudeman will have a spectacular presentation on this subject, but here is another theory to ponder-

The head started from birth in a small French villa. His mom knew it would come in handy some day. She wanted him to become a bagel chef. But he could stack but three bagels at a time on his head. Other conehead babies could stack as many as 8 bagels.

But his head was recognized by a local youth club and so it began......from a little boy playing on the beaches of Normandy, it is said that little Zidane would constantly head butt rocks across the shoreline. He progressed to headbutting lizards and frogs and finally cats. And then............soccer balls.

His head grew

......and grew.......... into quite a weapon as he matured

But now to your question about the phantom head butt against Italy. You can tell from this angle that Materazzi was trying to knee Zidane in the groin, and Zidane had to protect himself

As Materazzi's knee comes forward Zidane expertly (as usual) avoids the knee by bringing his head swiftly forward, just like on a corner.

Finally you can tell by the way Materazzi falls (face first) that the blow could not have come from the front, but from the rear. As in the Kennedy assasination, there had to be a second butter from the rear to cause the face to hit first.

So, therefore, no card should have been given.
Just a theory.

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
I would never second guess your expertise in rear-butting theory.

Last edited by L-E Dude; 07/12/06 11:19 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard