Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
[Preface: From CESA web site -- full text link here -- mentions Pearse Tormey and also mentions Lexington player Patrick Cates and HFC (NC) player Sam Remond. I heard that Cates did very well at the camp.]

Pearse Tormey Invited to Adidas ESP; Wins Championship

Pearse Tormey was invited to be on the staff of the highly prestigious Adidas ESP (Elite Soccer Program) for the fourth year. This year Pearse and DC United captured the Adidas ESP championship.

DC United with Patrick Cates ( Lexington, SC) and Sam Remond (HFC, NC) on the squad finished a great week of soccer by winning the championship game 2-0 over the Kansas City coached by Desmond Armstrong.

In group play Friday DC United won 1-0 over Columbus Crew coached by Ross Paule and then on Saturday they were again victorious by 2-0 over New England Revolution coached by Joe Max Moore. Going into the Sunday morning game DC United needed only a point to advance to finals and they earned it with a 1 -1 tie with New York Red Bull coached by Rene Miramontes.

Pearse was selected as the coach of the Eastern Division in the All-Star game as well. In the Sunday evening match the Eastern Division was defeated 2-1 by the Western Division.

For more information concerning Adidas ESP, please see http://www.adidas-esp.com.

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Good thread on BigSoccer.com concerning ESP as well.
Adidas ESP 2006 Thread - BigSoccer.com

K
throw in
throw in
K
I'm pretty sure it is Danny Cates from Dutch Fork, not Patrick.

S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
I'm sure you'd know better than me -- but the only Cates I saw in the Adidas ESP information was Patrick.

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
It is Danny Cates (Patrick is his legal first name, I believe).

S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
Respectfully, I do not believe you. I believe that you are covering up a covert and highly successful soccer cloning program that was begun almost twenty years ago the dividends of which LCSC is only now reaping the benefits.

Thank goodness federal funds for stem cell research was vetoed; who knows where all of this could lead?

J
world cup
world cup
J
..just think. This place could have been overrun by pie-charting, number-crunching, essay-posting Chicos!

L
kick off
kick off
L
Patrick and danny are the same person. His name being Patrick Daniel Cates.

Link Copied to Clipboard