Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
F
Hat-Trick
OP Offline
Hat-Trick
F
I read with disbelief the recent loss of life to our teenagers in our roadways this past weekend. Some of the accidents involved players from the midlands. I know of one who is in intensive care as we speak... and others who were lucky to have escaped more serious consequences.

My thoughts and prayers are with the players and their families. We wish all a speedy recovery and look forward to seen you at the games.

World Cup
World Cup
Terrible news!

Lexington County

B
bench
bench
B
Kyle: I think the above post was regarding 4 CUFC girls premier players being involved in a serious accident Friday night.

F
Hat-Trick
OP Offline
Hat-Trick
F
It was actually both as Kyle Paradise is an area player as well. Sad events on a tough weekend.

Brace
Brace
Amazing events! Thoughts and prayers with the families and friends.

"I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles"
World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Kyle: I think the above post was regarding 4 CUFC girls premier players being involved in a serious accident Friday night.

Gosh, I had no idea the news would be worse. Any updates or articles on the accident?

World Cup
World Cup

S
bench
bench
S
This was sent out to all Columbia United FC members:

To All Columbia United FC Parents and Players:

As many of you have heard by now, tragedy struck our Columbia United FC family this past Friday night when a car containing four of our female Select Elite players was involved in an automobile accident. Two of the girls (Lisa Jennings and Cheryl Jennings) were released from Palmetto Health Richland on Saturday and a third (Devon Mellichamp) is expected to be released Monday. The fourth player, Spring Valley H.S. junior, Ashley Dent remains in the Trauma Intensive Care Unit at Palmetto Health Richland. While the out-pouring of support from her extended family, her friends, her teammates and Club members has been incredibly strong all weekend, Ashley and her family are in continued need of your family's thoughts and prayers as we all await recovery. As you pray, take solace in the fact that Ashley is a fighter who possesses a strong, determined will and genuine love for her family and friends.

Sincerely,

Ron Tryon

President

Columbia United FC

World Cup
World Cup
8/15/06

3 young men die in alcohol-related accidents
http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate/15275430.htm
Adam Beam, The State

F
Hat-Trick
OP Offline
Hat-Trick
F
I have been notified that Ashley Dent is no longer with us. I hope beyond hope that this information is incorrect.

Please know that my family is praying for the Dent family in their time of need.

It is unfortunate that some times we focus on the opponent as an adversary to defeat and we forget to look at the person. It sometimes takes tragic situations to bring us back to humanity.

I also want to offer my support to not only the family but her teammates and the CUFC family.

Last edited by futbol(soccer); 08/16/06 05:32 PM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard