Next Thread
Print Thread
#71657 08/21/06 05:15 PM
B
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
B
On the R3PL thread, Hurst posed the question as to how many "Bridge's and CESA's" can be developed in SC before they start diluting. Rather than cloud that thread I figure we can row that boat as its own topic.

My opinion, right now.....the best we can do is 3. CESA and Bridge.....plus I think the infrastructure and player pool is there in Columbia with CUFC that they could be a third really soon. Maybe this year, maybe next.

I think thats about it and I think the state is big enough to support 3 Premier level Clubs.

Now, if the goal is to develop teams that play for national championships that you probably need just 1. But is that the goal?

S
coach
coach
S
[Preface: Sorry...I posted this in the other thread before I saw you had created this one.]

>>[Hurst66] How many "super clubs" can SC support in order to be competitve on the regional level before the talent starts to "water down"? <<

IMHO...at least several more if the clubs get serious about promoting and developing youth soccer and start reaching out to all those kids who've never heard of "offside" -- let alone the names of any clubs in South Carolina. And another thing...I think...(pause)

I'm sorry, Mr. Police Officer. Yes, I'll stop saying the same thing over and over, get down from my soapbox, and just move along. Sorry for the trouble I caused. Have a nice day!

world cup
world cup
"OK Chico.....show's over......move it along now".

;>)

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

CESA and Bridge.....plus I think the infrastructure and player pool is there in Columbia with CUFC that they could be a third really soon. Maybe this year, maybe next.

I am not sure what the criteria is for "super club" in the context of South Carolina, but CESA is probably the only SC club approaching that status on a regional basis. But I believe Columbia United is starting well with a boys' team and 3 girls' teams qualified for the R3PL East for 2006-2007.

Link Copied to Clipboard