Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
world cup
world cup

You are way out of bounds saying TC was not very good last year. Ricky and Asa were the best one-two punch in the state. Obviously CESA had more balance and more depth and proved to be the better team last spring. CESA Premier will be much improved again this year with the addition of Ricky.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I saw the Tega Cay team play twice up at the Carowinds tourney...Defensively they looked pretty good but they lost that one two punch up front...I think they will have a hard time finding the back of the net..They played very hard last weekend and wish them the best of luck

S
goal
OP Offline
goal
S
I stand by my "opinion" regarding TC. I really don't want to call kids out on the message board. Some of the best one-two punch in the state had to do with their physical ability rather than skill. I gotta beleive that the new CESA player will show more improvement than TC as a whole team. Note that I consider all of the teams at this level good but there is always someone better and/or worse. The games are coming let's enjoy the season. Just curious but what was the overall competition level at the carrowinds tournament for the U14's? (poor, average, good, excellent)

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I saw about four or five games in this age group and I would say that the level of play was good with a couple of average teams thrown in..

world cup
world cup

"I gotta beleive that the new CESA player will show more improvement than TC as a whole team."

You have to explain this one to me......?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
The new CESA player just has to bring what he does to the team..He will be better because he will have better support around him...T.C. has to fill that void that is left after losing two impact players

S
goal
OP Offline
goal
S
That was my point! Now a follow up question: What's more important the player or the team?

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Thats a subjective question.

If a parent is asking the question....then the individual player is most important. If a coach or Club official is asking the question, then the team is likely more important.

Neither is a better answer, it simply depends on perspective and circumstances.

D
bench
bench
D
Hello All...new to the board and I certainly enjoy the topics, the discussions and the banter. Regarding the Carowinds tourney, first of all, well run as always, secondly as far as the competition it appeared to me that the bulk of the teams were number 2 teams from the respective clubs. This comes not only from observation but from also talking to many parents from other clubs. 2 personal examples, U17 Girls, This Bridge team is a well oiled machine and dominated their bracket. Would they have been better served by either playing up or quite possibly playing in a tourney that would have posed more of a challenge. 2nd example, U14 Girls, my daughters team came in second in their bracket but all 4 games were closely contested and the competition was fun. The Bridge Club should be proud of their weekend......but.....it was obvious that these teams were in a tournament pitted against teams much less talented. Who knows, maybe this was their plan, enter a tourney, get timing in place and prepare for the season. Thanks all.

S
bench
bench
S
Saw the 2 games this weekend...bridge 92 & 93 vs CFU
Both games ended in a draw 93's: 2-2 and 92's: 0-0

Couple unbiased observations:

CFU is gonna be a force to reckon with when they gel and get in shape. The 93's wore them down, in the 2nd half they were dragging. They have size and speed, the more they play together the better they will be...seems to be a move in the right direction for the Columbia area. The Cameron boy now has players to play with him. The Bridge 93 team seems to be getting better, seem to have added some size and still have some great ball skills, but still think they will have a hard time with some of the bigger 14's teams, however from what I learned this weekend they are playing 14 in the fall and 13 in the spring...they will breeze through the spring then...have to be choice for State Cup at 13. The Bridge 92 team seems to be going in the opposite direction. They have lost the Ballentine boy to a broken leg, however their defense seems to be holding its own, their sweeper did a fine job against a bigger faster CFU line. Their problem is offensive...too many 1v1 players. Was told they added some Myrtle Beach players and they have yet to gel together. I just don't think they have a forward that can finish.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard