Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
goal
OP Offline
goal
S
I was not overly impressed with Columbia United. They are lucky the cup season is in the spring. They certainly need to gel as a team. However, they will only improve with time. I heard that they had only 1 or 2 scrimmages prior to this weekend. It would stand to reason that they will only improve on this weekends mediocre performance. There defense was not particularly challanged this weekend. I think it still will come down to the super clubs for the cup. Lexington lost their star player to the '93 Bridge team which does not bode well for them and TC lost 2 of their players to CESA. It looks like the consolidation of talent is to the detriment of the smaller clubs.

S
coach
coach
S
Who/what is CFU?

S
coach
coach
S
Soccer16: Two subjects: detriment and Lexington.

With respect to the consolidation of talent being to the detriment of the smaller clubs -- it appears to me that the trade-off is whether less competitive clubs "suffer" or individual players "suffer." I tend to favor the individuals.

With respect to Lexington: at the select level, Lexington is one of the largest clubs in the state in terms of fielding select teams. I think that Lexington is clearly the "diamond in the rough" of South Carolina clubs -- tremendous potential and player base.

The trouble with Lexington, from what little I can tell, is that it is less a club than a loosely-knit collection of teams. It's almost impossible to talk about it as a club. For example, the Lexington U17B team picked up some great players and has two region pool players and based on coaching talent and players should be an incredibly strong contender for a state title. There are other teams that are moving in the opposite direction. With all due respect to the folks there, I perceive little cohesive strategy or even tactics apparent from the outside at the club level.

C
kick off
kick off
C
Hope you all had a great summer. The title of the thread could use a spell check - so going forward, accurate spelling is optional, which is a great relief for me. Looks like the rich get richer - and CESA Premier will win it all again. Good luck to all this season!

Cole

S
bench
bench
S
Sorry not CFU I guess...but rather CUFC

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Where are our two favorite posters for this thread? Last season they tore the internet up going back and forth and so far...not one post...Did the kids move on to football?

S
goal
OP Offline
goal
S
Chico My comments were directly related to the age group U14 not the club as a whole. I will need to start another "misspelled thread" to discuss the clubs if necessary. Man I start the thread and then I get penalized for spelling. You guys are tough!!!!!!!!!!

S
coach
coach
S
SOCCERFAMILY: I honestly didn't know because I thought it might have been one of the Charlotte clubs -- thanks!

Soccer16: I'm sorry if I did a tangent -- you're right, the name of the thread gives the context -- I just couldn't help but throw out my $0.02. Thanks for giving us a thread to do it in!

throw in
throw in
Yes the winners will be the U 14 CESA Girls Premier team who have won the State Cup for the last two years at the U 13 and U12 age groups. Last year indicated their potential as they won the Brentwood tournament in Nashville and Girlsrock in Savanna plus the challenge league.

This year the new players have added strength and skill to the team and they won their 4 games at Saturdays Impact Rock in Knoxville. On the updated www.collegeinsoccer.com web site they are now ranked 8 th in the region and 27 th in the nation.

Well done Girls

S
goal
goal
S
Is this the same group of girls, CESA U-14 Premier that beat the CESA U-13 Premier Boys 3-0 two weeks ago? If so that team is loaded.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard