Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
goal
goal
S
B daddy
I was suprised to hear that the 92 girls Premier took it to the boys 3-0.

T
goal kick
goal kick
T
Quote:

B daddy
I was suprised to hear that the 92 girls Premier took it to the boys 3-0.

Why would you be surprised? They are a year older and have been playing 11v11 for a whole year longer than these boys...I would expect the girls to win!

S
coach
coach
S
taylorbabe: Agreed...a good 13-year old girls team should beat a good 12-year old boys team. Think about the dances where all the girls are taller than boys at this age -- physical maturation occurs earlier with girls.

Now...wait a couple of years...and it will be a vastly different story, no matter how talented the girls are. The sheer size, speed, and strength of the boys once they get into and past puberty pretty much dictates it.

B
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
B
It was the boys second scrimmage of a very hot day. 98% of the first half was played in the girls defensive third of the field. The girls did better in the second half but the boys still had the significant run of play.

Difference was......boys were extremely disorganized offensively and squandered untold chances. Plus, the girls goalie made some spectacular saves. All 3 goals took place in the last 7-8 minutes of the game and were a combination of nice finishes and poor decisions made by the boys in the back.

I guess I disagree that a U14 girls team should beat a U13 boys team. A 2 year gap I'd agree with......but not one. The boys definetly blew this one but give credit to the Ladies. They bent.....hung in there and did what they needed to do to win the game.

S
coach
coach
S
Big Daddy: You could very well be right...I'm limited to only the anecdotal evidence from what I've seen as my kid played and it could have been just those teams she was on.

world cup
world cup
Daddy,

Forget U14G vs. U13B...how about U13G vs. U13B? Can your new team hang with that Charlotte Soccer Club U13G team that used to beat up on the boys last year?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
B
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
B
LOL......Hurst, you are ALWAYS trying to get me in trouble. And I am such a gullible and willing partner!!!

'93 CSC Blue, formerly the Fusion, are an awesome team. But they would lose handily to Lil Daddy's CESA team. These boys are just too active, physical, tenacious.....for a girls team at age. CSC Arsenal was a pretty good team but didn't have the athletes or depth that this years '93 Premier boys team has.

But '93 CSC Blue girls are an awesome team......any girls team that plays them better strap it on, including girls teams a year older. They are very, very good.

S
goal
goal
S
B Daddy
I thought you had more soccer knowledge than that. The 92 girls played with 9 defenders in the back, that would account for the boys playing on the girls defensive third of the field. In the second half of the game the girls played their normal attacking soccer and scored the 3 goals. The reason the boys were disorganized and confused is that they had probally never seen that defense. I would love to see Hyslop's 93 girls premier team scrimage the 93 boys premier. Prediction: Hyslop's girls.

throw in
throw in
Big Daddy you missed point of the U 14 girls game i.e. the master plan being practiced to be used against tough teams. The girls used this same defensive strategy last weekend and beat the top rated team in Kentucky allowing them to attack until exhaustion and frustration set in and then the CESA team snatched a goal.

In the first half of the U 14G v U 14B game the U 13 boys were allowed to get into the girls half at will, as basically only the girls two forwards crossed the half way line. The girls defense closed down on the boys the closer they got to the girls goal and the boys had to generally shoot from outside of the penalty area, most of the shots were poor. The few good shots were saved by a very competent new goalkeeper who was always well placed to make the save, not anything spectacular, but good competent goal keeping. Boys will be boys and they did a bit of hot dogging with ineffective, unchallenged, unnecessary dribbling runs to show their general first half territorial superiority - in the abysmal heat and humidity.

In the second half the girls came out as an attack minded team with plenty of gusto. The boys were spent and the girls ran all over them as the game continued. Hence the 3-0 win.

The game was different to the one last year when the same basic teams i.e. U 13 girls beat the U 12 boys the girls only allowing a couple of shots on their goal and keeping the ball mostly in the boys half of the field.

S
goal
goal
S
Taylorbabe
I find it hard to believe that the girls have more experience playing soccer than the boys. The average Boy probally trains twice as much as the female player at this age. When was the last time you saw girls playing a game of pickup soccer? Boys at this age and level play every chance they get.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard