Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
goal
goal
S
Chico
What you're saying is that female midddle school athletes are better than their male counterparts.

S
coach
coach
S
sweet feet: Here's precisely what I said...and did not say...in two very short posts:

Quote:

taylorbabe: Agreed...a good 13-year old girls team should beat a good 12-year old boys team. Think about the dances where all the girls are taller than boys at this age -- physical maturation occurs earlier with girls.

Now...wait a couple of years...and it will be a vastly different story, no matter how talented the girls are. The sheer size, speed, and strength of the boys once they get into and past puberty pretty much dictates it.

Quote:

Big Daddy: You could very well be right...I'm limited to only the anecdotal evidence from what I've seen as my kid played and it could have been just those teams she was on.

If you have a point...you might want to make it...cause I ain't smart enough to figure out where you be'a drivin!

B
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
B
Interesting...rope a dope on the soccer pitch. Honestly, it was hot as cain, I was sunburnt from the first scrimmage and I only casually watched the game....spending most of the time watching from the comfort of my air conditioned car. Can't say I saw a defined strategy in place and I also can't say I ever heard of playing 9 in the back. What, is Bruce Arena the coach of this team? Kidding....

I know I heard the coach fussing at the girls a time or 2 for effort and things picked up after that. Looked to me like the girls got the game taken to them in the first half, they got chewed on by their coach and jacked it up for the second.

If this isn't what happened and what I saw was actually a dry run for a pack it in and counter punch strategy, cool.

S
goal
goal
S
Chico: I stand by my original post. What you precisely did was agreed with taylorbabe's opinion. Ain't drivin nowhere, just suprised the girls handled the state champ boys.

S
coach
coach
S
Quote:

Chico: I stand by my original post. What you precisely did was agreed with taylorbabe's opinion. Ain't drivin nowhere, just suprised the girls handled the state champ boys.

Quote:

B daddy
I was suprised to hear that the 92 girls Premier took it to the boys 3-0.

Okay...I think I get it...had to go back and re-read your original post to understand your point and then read your other posts in this thread again. What you're saying is that it's a surprise to you that a strong U13G team beat a strong U12B team. What I'm saying is that I've seen it quite a bit at that age...but since I've not engaged in any kind of statistical survey, that this is anecdotally based only.

Just think -- in a few years from now when the next guy is surprised you can throw out more anecdotal evidence -- that you were there and you saw it a few years ago as well. May the chain be unbroken...

Have a great weekend...

P.S. To another comment "The average Boy probally trains twice as much as the female player at this age." -- from what I've been able to tell, the "average" player doesn't play on CESA's Premier level teams. I think this is what threw me -- when you ascribe generalizations to others like "female middle school students are better than male students" and talk about "average" players -- what folks are saying is a lot more specific than that. We're talking about some of the most ambitious, gifted, and talented young athletes around -- so generalizations don't tend to work all that well. But heck -- I could be wrong -- I've seen Hyslop teams play for years and I've never seen the "9 in the back" system in action!

B
throw in
throw in
B
Ok! rereading the posts I am mega confused. Was it the U-13 (Hyslop's team) who played the U-12 Premier Boys or the U-14 (Rinker's team) who played the U13 Boys. I saw in a post comments about using the same tactic in Knoxville. Rinker's team went to Knoxville not Hyslop's. Hyslop's team is in Greensboro this weekend. Having watched both these teams play numerous times. If either of these teams had to play a premier boys team a year down I would put my money on the girls.

S
goal
goal
S
bamr1: Rinker's 92 girls.

throw in
throw in
It was Jim Rinkers U 14 Girls team which beat the U 13 Boys team for the second time in two years.

Big Daddy seems to think it was not a planned defensive tactic. However after the Knoxville v Kentucky game which CESA U 14 girls won 1-0 the coach was overheard telling Jim Rinker that the defensive tactic was outside of his teams experience Kentucky had won its 2 earlier games by 8 and 5 goal scores.

I would prefer to see the girls go out and play their normal game which is better to watch, but its good to have some other tactics -so well done Jim.

Last edited by 1977; 09/02/06 06:53 PM.
B
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
B
1977......don't misunderstand me. I said I didn't see a tactic, but I also said it was hot as hades and I wasn't totally paying attention either.

Glad to hear it worked in a game. I would be scared to death of trying that.....a questionable call by the ref on a handball or tackle could set up a PK or a short range direct kick that could cost you. I just don't like playing in front of my own goal.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard