Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
If this topic has already been covered I apologize....
I ran across this article on a soccer website this morning
Anyone have more info on this?

2006 Budget - Promoting Physical Fitness Among Children
Tuesday, 02 May 2006
The federal government announced a $500 tax credit for children's sports fees for 2007.

Information is limited as yet; the Budget document reads: "Studies show that regular physical activity has many positive effects on children, including healthier growth and development and improved physical fitness. At the same time, the escalating costs of organized sports makes it difficult for many parents to afford these activities. To promote physical fitness among children, Budget 2006 proposes to introduce a children's fitness tax credit, effective January 1, 2007. The credit will be provided on up to $500 of eligible fees for programs of physical activity for each child under age 16. In the coming months, the Government will establish a small group of experts in health and physical fitness to provide advice on the programs of physical activity that should be eligible for the credit. It is estimated that this measure will reduce federal revenues by $40 million in 2006–07 and $160 million in 2007–08".

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
world cup
world cup
Chico......

The government is subsidizing CESA!!!!!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
If you can tell me where....

I can only find information pertinent to Canada.

http://www.lifesaving.org/society/whatnew.htm

S
coach
coach
S
God Bless the United States of America.

The "Under 16" part isn't very smart -- I'd have made it last through college; but given the drastic rise in childhood obesity and related illnesses, I'm glad the government is doing something other than nagging children not to drink soda.

By the way -- and I'm sure that I'm going to get in trouble for saying it -- but is there anyone out there that doesn't look at the last few years and understand that tax policy is more complicated than if you cut taxes by a dollar, then you take in one dollar less overall tax revenue? Sorry...I'll get off the soapbox again...

corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
Quote:

If you can tell me where....

I can only find information pertinent to Canada.

http://www.lifesaving.org/society/whatnew.htm

I ran across it on the Central Florida United website under annoucements. http://www.cfusc.com/new_site/index.html

I have not looked any farther into it hopeing someone on here may have more info.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Hate to say it Pop.... but it is Canada and not the US it is word for word from the canadian site and by the way... it looks as if CFU retracted the statement as it is not there anymore...

world cup
world cup
Chico,

This administration spends money like it grows on trees! Just the thought of continuing to finance a war that has no end in sight boggles my mind. Will we ever see a balanced budget again?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
S
coach
coach
S
Drag on...I was really counting on that $500 in 2007...I needed to apply it to yet another "modest" property tax increase by the "leaders" of Lexington.

Link Copied to Clipboard