Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
[Link to Article]

ODP News
Letter from an SCYSA Youth Players

Region III ODP Camp was a very good experience for the second year in a row. This year was the second time I had gone and it was another good experience. I have learned so much over the past two years about what I could do. The coaches at the camp are awesome. They teach you so many things that you don't know and they help you get better. After I made the region pool, we practiced with the team - all of the kids that made it are really good. Some make mistakes but you don't see very many.

For the kids who are thinking about trying out for ODP, do it. It is an awesome experience. Even if you don't make it to region team or region pool, don't give up. Keep going because something good will happen. You will learn so much about yourself and about your teammates. It is a great experience.

Danny Cates
1990 Region III ODP Pool/Team

To all players in South Carolina who want to go far in their soccer careers, I would recommend trying out for ODP. The Olympic Development Program has really helped me improve my game and can help players get noticed by the region staff and even college coaches! The ODP experience for me and my other teammates has been a very positive experience and I hope that more players in South Carolina see how rewarding and fun it really is.
Kira Campbell 1990 Region III Pool

Hi everyone, my name is Katie Tate. Last year, i was the only one from U-15 girls South Carolina team to make the holdover camp. I would like to encourage everyone to come try out for the team this coming year; it is a very fun experience getting to know new people and great coaches! The camp also gives you a great chance to learn new things and get to know different coaching styles. I hope you all get to come join me at the South Carolina's ODP camp.
1991 Region III Pool

The Olympic Development Program in South Carolina has truly been a positive aspect of my life. Not only have I been granted the opportunity and honor to play with the best players from our state, but I have been enrolled in the most positive soccer environment a player could ask for. In the Olympic Development Program coaches have worked to enhance my performance, and to constantly keep it growing, never to see it fall. I can't tell you how many times I've smiled when seeing so many friends from this program at tournaments, watching their games. These friends, who will surely remain as my friends now, and in the future. It is truly an honor to wear a jersey with the name of my home state “South Carolina” on it!
Alex Ramsey 1992 Region III Pool

Updated 25-AUG-2006

Shibumi #71867 08/28/06 07:18 PM
world cup
world cup
Nice testimonials. Good to see kids are having fun, improving their game....and proud to represent their state.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Hurst66 #71868 08/28/06 07:26 PM
S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
I like the fact that the SCYSA is caring enough about ODP such that they're going to the trouble of getting and publishing this stuff. The SCYSA is actually trying to create demand for their service (i.e., ODP) -- great job, SCYSA!

P.S. CESA did an article listing their ODP state players and their ODP region pool players. I'll dig it out. It would be great to know what clubs each player is associated with -- my guess is that Bridge, CESA, and CUFC would dominate but I think that Lexington's U17B had a bunch of state players and even multiple pool players as well!

Shibumi #71869 08/28/06 08:07 PM
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Lex u17B had 10 players at region camp plus 2 alternates. 2 of the players were held at camp.

The article in the club's website:

Friday, July 21
Lexington United players make impact in Region 3 ODP pool

Lexington United placed 10 players in the Region 3 ODP camp, with 2 players remaining in camp for further evaluation and a chance to make the Region 3 team.

Danny Cates and Joey Howard were both selected to remain at the camp in Mississippi. Both players play HS ball at Dutch Fork High School.

Other players from Lexington United at the camp:

Michael Czulinski - Spring Valley HS
Daniel Lynch - Irmo HS
Andrew Chavarria- Lexington HS
Cade Weatherly - Lexington HS
Reel Callison - Lexington HS
Reed deMent - Lexington HS
Quinn Hunt - Aiken HS
Byron Quinatoa - Dreher HS

The team is proud of all our players' performance.

Last edited by futbol(soccer); 08/28/06 08:13 PM.
S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
10 state select players on one team -- that's amazing...you guys are loaded for bear...

Shibumi #71871 11/03/06 05:47 PM
L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
http://centercircle.ussoccer.com/fullStory.jsp_46-281394.html

And some think the odds are stacked against them coming from SC...

world cup
world cup
We have an "Alaska Connection" right here in South Carolina, as Elizabeth Jones, a sophomore defender for the Newberry Lady Indians, was named first-team All-South Atlantic Conference this season.

http://newberryindians.athleticsite.com/profile.asp?playerID=574

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.

Link Copied to Clipboard