Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

(b) The CUFC versus CESA game; that was the Elite CUFC team versus the Challenge CESA team, right? It ended 1-1?

Actually, Columbia United does not have a girls' Elite team at U13. There is only one team and it is termed "Challenge". I believe the listing on the League website is incorrect. The Columbia United website lists them as U13 Challenge. The U13 team is playing in the same tournaments as the other Challenge teams instead of those of the Elite teams.

Last edited by Coach P; 09/14/06 12:27 AM.
goal
OP Offline
goal
CESA u13 challenge comes away with a win ,after a finalist showing at the RBC, Against a solid LCSC Lexington Lightning Team. Goal came off a pk. CESA looked suspect in the first half but hunkered downa and walk out with much needed points.

CESA u13 challange girls 1
LCSC Lexington Lightning 0

Joe Siatkowski Mauldin Soccer I fear no evil
S
coach
coach
S
Quote:

Actually, Columbia United does not have a girls' Elite team at U13. There is only one team and it is termed "Challenge". I believe the listing on the League website is incorrect. The Columbia United website lists them as U13 Challenge. The U13 team is playing in the same tournaments as the other Challenge teams instead of those of the Elite teams.

Completely ignorant question: how is the decision make not to field an elite team at a specific age group within CUFC? I would have thought that with the theory of pushing teams into more challenging competition [i.e., the discussion previously concerning season-to-date results] that the most competitive U13 team would be elite.

goal
OP Offline
goal
CESA u13 playing the CRSA u13 this weekend, these two met in Knoxville this year with CRSA winning a tough match. Should be a good match.
LCSC Lexington Lightning vs Columbia United FC U13 Girls Elite, these two matches could produce a new leader in this division to date.

Goal
Goal
Nothing more riveting than U13 girls soccer.

Victory Starts Here!
goal
OP Offline
goal
gotta start somewhere

goal
OP Offline
goal
The CESA /CRSA game has been rescheduled for a date in November.

world cup
world cup
Congratulations to Bridge FA Gold U-13 Girls on their seeding in the CASL Shootout. Excellent competition. Good luck in the Champion B bracket.

http://www.caslnc.com/files/tournaments/Shootout%2006%20W%20Game%20Schedule.pdf

Last edited by Hurst66; 10/24/06 02:41 PM.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Brace
Brace
CUFC did not field an elite U-13 team because there were no elite players in the club at that age. The team's results prove that was a wise decision. They have struggled mightily at the challenge level. Imagine the pounding they would take in an elite league.

"Completely ignorant question: how is the decision make not to field an elite team at a specific age group within CUFC? I would have thought that with the theory of pushing teams into more challenging competition [i.e., the discussion previously concerning season-to-date results] that the most competitive U13 team would be elite. "

The Weather Is Here. Wish You Were Beautiful.
S
coach
coach
S
Thanks...a few more questions, trying to understand philosophy...

Wouldn't an "Elite" U13 team play in the same South Carolina Challenge League in which a "Challenge" team would play? How would that be different? Or are you referring to the tournaments which CUFC "Elite" versus "Challenge" teams enter?

I'm not saying anyone made the wrong decision...I'm sure the folks at CUFC know better than anyone what they should have done. From the CUFC web site, here's the passage concerning team creation/selection that has me a bit confused:

In that regard, the Club's two Directors of Soccer and their Select Coaching Staff will select the players they need to field the most competitive team in each age group and place them on a corresponding Elite team. Next, they will select players they need to field the next most competitive team in that same age group and place them on the Challenge team.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard