Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
hat-trick
hat-trick
Chico,

As you pointed out, a U13 Elite team would play in the same league since there is no U13 league in SC above Challenge. The only differences are the name and the tournaments in which they are playing.

I believe the policy you quoted from the web site is the goal. However, this was a situation where the reality of the level of candidates indicated an exception should be made.

As Wayne indicated, this team's results are more in line with the other CUFC Challenge teams than they are with the Elite teams. Therefore, it would seem that the name Challenge better represents this teams' playing level.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Unless I am missing something, U13G for CUFC is called Elite and they are 0W 6L 1T

Never mind I am missing something...should have read more carefully.

Last edited by futbol(soccer); 10/27/06 05:35 PM.
world cup
world cup
Is Bridge FA Gold ready for the CASL tournament this weekend? Will anybody be going up early to attend tomorrow's ACC womens semi-finals?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
The Bridge FA team is in a good bracket this weekend. This is another great opportunity for them to continue proving that they are a quality team. Good luck

world cup
world cup
Good showing by Bridge FA U-13 Girls in this past weekend's CASL Shootout. Bridge and two other teams in their bracket all went 2-1-0. Bridge's two victories were by shutout and the tie-breaker was goals allowed. Bridge did not advance because they gave up five goals in the one game they lost. Ironically, the team that scored five goals on Bridge was NOT the team that advanced out of the bracket. Crazy!

Here are the results for the U-11G - U14G in Raleigh:

http://www.caslnc.com/files/tournaments/Shootout%2006%20W%20Game%20Schedule.pdf

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
B
throw in
throw in
B
The U-13 Coast team (2nd in PMSL U-13 Classic) tied CRSA Gold (1st in PMSL Challenge) last weekend at the CESA Fall Challenge.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
I heard that the Bridge FA U-13 girls beat Lexington last weekend 3-0. This would move them into third position in the standings; playing one game less. In the U-14 Challenge league we have two U-13 teams in the top three. I would have thought that this league would have been dominated by CESA 92 Premier and CUFC Elite. CESA 93 Premier was clearly the top team in the league, playing good soccer and was consistent each week. Great team!
Should these two teams really play in the U-13 league in the spring? Can someone help me see the benefits it would serve for them playing in the U-13 league?
The only one I can see clearly is that they might have a greater possibility of qualifying for the RPL for the next year. They would be playing in less competitive games each compared to what they played against in the fall. As we know, teams play to the level of competition they face most of the times.

G
throw in
throw in
G
SIL: You're right. U13s being successful at U14 challenge in the fall will not find the same level of competition at U13 challenge in the spring. However, you need to propose a tractable (i.e., clear, concise, and without room various interpretations) rule that SCYSA could implement for these situations. On the boys side, a similar case could be made for 93bridge and if we go back a year to 92cesa boys. I would argue; however, that 93cesa boys, while a good team with some potential are not at the same level as the 93bridge boys. My point is this, yes it's unfortunate, but you've got to give the administrators a simple rule that can be applied without subjectivity, otherwise they open themselves to all sorts of protests, and potentially lawsuits.

I couldn't come up with a tractable rule, so I think you're stuck with biding your time for the spring season. So what do you do? To me, you supplement your regular season U13 challenge schedule with extra scrimmages or friendlies against available U14s, continue to play up in quality tournaments, and possibly play U15 next fall while waiting for RIII play in spring of 2008. (I didn't see anything to prevent a U14 team playing up to U15 in the fall and forfeiting your U14 RIII spring spot, but I'd check w/ SCYSA to make sure.)

world cup
world cup
greengrass,

Good advice for a tough situation. One comment though. I don't think the Bridge 93 or CESA 93 girls need "to play up in quality tournaments". They just need to enter quality tournaments (get placed in the highest bracket) and I'm sure that there are teams from GA, FL, TN and NC that can give them a decent match. Jefferson Cup comes to mind as a good, competitive Spring tournament.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Another way of looking at it also is while we think these teams will not be challenged in their age groups..How do we get the rest of the state to step up to the plate competitively? Is consolidation the answer? The two teams that keep being brought up is CESA and Bridge..Are they not products of consolidation? The real question I feel is how do we get the rest of the state to step up? I feel this would be in everyone's best interest.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard