Print Thread
#7197 05/08/02 03:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1A is the heart of sc soccer. although they may not be as talented, i promise that they have just as much fun. give it a break on bashing 1A teams. Christ Church is a joke, if they want to brag, they need to go to the private school league instead of beating the willistons and blackvilles into the ground. if you play in a league you don't belong in, don't brag.

#7198 05/15/02 08:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are an idiot, the regions are not decided on the level of play the teams compete, but the number of students attending their school. Thats straight ignorance to say CC doesnt belong in 1A.
My goodness, some people are stupid.

#7199 05/15/02 09:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
but its not half as ignorant as people who try to justify having private schools with all their unfair advantages compete in public school leagues.

and i think that was the point AAman was trying to make not disqualifying CC on the basis of number of students but on their unfair recruiting abilities. SCHSSA must do something to level the playing field. Having only recently moved to SC i can assure you that in no other place i have ever lived (being military that's a lot of places) do private schools compete in public leagues. Why should SC be any different?

#7200 05/17/02 04:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well if BE and CC played in the Private school league they would walk all over their opponents. BE really needs to play up to 3A because they have dominated the 2A world for soo long, but it doesn't work that way. BE ends up playing teams here in GA to get more comprtition for their level because the 2A there in SC isn't that strong. No fault to BE but that is the way it goes. It's the same here. A lot of the teams here in South Ga have to play teams out of Atlanta just to get any competition and usually if you pick your opponents wrong you will get a lesson or 2.

#7201 05/16/02 05:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont think BE or any other good school goes out and recruits players. I mean if they did, why wouldn't all their other sports teams be so dominant. I know a lot of players on the BE team, and most of the well known players in High School on that team are from Charleston and Mt. Pleasant. All it says to me is that there is a lot of good talent in the low country.

#7202 05/17/02 12:20 AM
J
world cup
world cup
J
noomberwanchampion might have a point here. I doubt that the private schools like BE and CC really recruit that much. Its probably that kids that parents want them in a private school that are soccer prodigys already know about schools like BE and CC. Basically their reputation does their recruiting for them. I still don't think private schools should be in high school league but the recruiting arguement is becoming less and less valid. I do think that if they do stay in high school league they should move up a classification. If they can pay to play in the high school league why would it matter what their school size is? If they are in the high school league for better competition or whatever reason they are in it then why does CC still play 1A when they would be challenged to their full potential in 2A, same with BE. I don't think the SCISA is a pushover league either. Ben Lippen pulled off a win over State Champion Chapin and Cardinal Newman has certainly not been a push over in recent years. So drop the arguement of recruiting..this isn't the pros or college...coachs really don't have that much time on their hands. But the arguement that they are paying to play pretty much just to bring the trophey home is still valid. If anyone knows... When did the first private school play High School League? It would probably help to find out about the origin of this conflict.

#7203 05/17/02 01:16 AM
M
corner kick
corner kick
M
I've been watching this debate for a couple of months with interest. It has taken me some time to come to an opinion...but here goes. If I were going to send my son to private school, and he was a soccer player...I would look for a school that had an excellent soccer program. This is what is happening with BE and CC. They have developed, thru coaching staff, excellent programs and attracted excellent players. This is just the way it works. Excellent players attract other excellent players. Now, how does this in anyway, resemble public high school soccer? It doesn't. and in no way should the private schools be allowed to compete in the public league. Should they be able to cross over and play some games??? I think yes...but when it comes to State Cup competition...I say they don't belong. They need higher competition in their own league?...Maybe they should look at creating a league that includes other states...a regional league. Public schools should not have to accept competing with private schools on the state cup level.

#7204 05/23/02 07:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The coaching staff at Bishop England is horrible.

#7205 05/24/02 09:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1a is not the heart of soccer and it never will be.........granite they may have alot of fun, which soccer is about but even 2a is alot better soccer than 1a can produce......come one man say something with some meaning.......they brag because they win, they prob. beat ur team into the ground.........why dont u beat them and u would quite whining

Link Copied to Clipboard