Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17
G
corner kick
corner kick
G
I was not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers. I said I HEARD....IF ANY WAS TRUE. I did not say I was stating known fact. However, since some of you do appear to be on the inside and dispute all of what I said..here are some facts:
Last year the CESA 92 Girls Premier team rostered 17 players,7 of those are not rostered on the team this year. That is 41% of a state championship team not returning. That is a huge percentage of a team to leave and expect the same level of performance.Since this year they are only rostering 14,that leaves this team with 10 returning players an four new players. This means there are only three subs, which is not very many for a repeat championship run and the unknows(injuries) of a long season.
As for as the Knoxville tournament goes...that is excellent. Do you know if guest players were allowed and if so how many did CESA 92 take. Sorry if I hurt anyones feelings. The facts speak for themselves.

greenacres
L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
greenacres,
Thanks for the facts. My feathers were definitely ruffled. I have no problem with facts. Personally, I know very little facts about this team's history but you are correct that there are 14 players currently on the roster. They did win the tournament in Knoxville, with all 14 players present and participating, and no guest players.

corner kick
corner kick
7 of 17 not returning...that does seem high. Anyone know the reason?

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
SoccerPop,
I can't verify that there are 7 non-returners, but I do know that at least one player from last year's CESA 92G's team stayed down to play u13 again, and (I'm not positive about this) but I believe one player enrolled at the IMG Academy in Florida and, thus, is no longer on the team.

S
coach
coach
S
[Preface: Sigh... I guess I'll take this a tiny bit more seriously. By the way, I do not have a relative or a child associated with this team. I've got no feelings to hurt in this.]

>>[greenacres] I was not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers. I said I HEARD....IF ANY WAS TRUE.<<

I heard that "greenacres" was a greyhound wanna-be chihuahua. See how rumors can hurt?

>>I did not say I was stating known fact. However, since some of you do appear to be on the inside and dispute all of what I said..here are some facts:<<

I didn't see anyone who disputed all of what you said. But be that as it may be...

>>Last year the CESA 92 Girls Premier team rostered 17 players,7 of those are not rostered on the team this year. That is 41% of a state championship team not returning. That is a huge percentage of a team to leave and expect the same level of performance.<<

If Jim Rinker expects the same level of performance, then I hope that CESA fires him. My understanding is that CESA expects better performance each year from its coaches. My guess is that Jim Rinker expects better performance each year from his teams. And therein lies the rub.

You're astounded by 7 players from last years team not being selected to play on this years team. You appear to be fishing for some nefarious reason (and I don't say this as an insult -- I fish on this message board a huge amount!] I took a literal 2-3 minute look at the roster; what I came up with are that of the 7 there are more than 28% new girls from Columbia, that there are more than 14% girls that decided to drop down and play their natural age, more than 14% of the girls were selected to challenge instead of premier. These aren't fictionalized numbers. I have not a clue as to the rest; I only follow this age group in passing -- but that resolves almost 60% of the mysterious 7. My guess on the other several is that some weren't chosen to play at the premier level, that there was a decision to get the team size down [see next paragraph], and/or that some of the girls decided they liked lacrosse better or something -- at this age, it's not exactly rare to have different interests one day versus the next, let alone one year versus the next.

>>Since this year they are only rostering 14,that leaves this team with 10 returning players an four new players. This means there are only three subs, which is not very many for a repeat championship run and the unknows(injuries) of a long season.<<

Take a look at the CESA bylaws (or is it rules and regulations -- I honestly forget). There's a target of no more than 16 players on a team. Now -- that's a target only -- and coaches can exceed it -- but it is there because the #1 problem at any youth soccer club in my experience are players not getting playing time.

There is a strategy at CESA for selecting fewer players on a team for fundamentally several reasons: (1) more playing time and thus less contention, (2) if injuries occur players are brought up from the challenge team, and (3) so that new players can be added.

>>As for as the Knoxville tournament goes...that is excellent. Do you know if guest players were allowed and if so how many did CESA 92 take.<<

I have not a clue; however, I believe that "sbs" has answered "no guest players." See the conversation on "facts" below -- it appears to me that you're searching for the validation of a theory here rather than "facts." But -- it's an absolutely valid question when there are facts that counter a theory.

>>Sorry if I hurt anyones feelings.<<

You didn't hurt mine. I do think a lot of the talk about "team chemistry" and the such that I read on this message board is bogus. You select the best players to play on a team, period. You do not reward seniority, or whether your mother is a board member, or whatever. It's then the coach's job to get them to play together well. If the coach can't do that, then you need to find another coach. Period.

>>The facts speak for themselves.<<

Well...not really. That's the problem, isn't it? The facts appear to be that there was turnover larger than you expected on a team and that you'd expect this to hurt them, and while that may be true to date all evidence is to the contrary, right?

S
goal
goal
S
92 Girls premier only lost one true, full time starter. She now lives at IMG Soccer Academy in Florida. Of the four new girls the 92's picked up three are starting and playing solid soccer.

1977 Offline OP
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
CESA 92G Premier lost the players for the following reasons:
1 girl went to IMG in Florida
2 started high school and went to High School Basket Ball
1 decided to run cross country
1 went to play for the 93 premier team
2 are now playing for the 92 CESA Challenge team which is looking very good.

All of the above were very committed players for the whole of last season. There was no discernable dissension on the team.

BRIDGE QUESTIONS ANSWERED
I can say for certain that Bridge FA 92 premier will not score a goal against the CESA team in the Challenge league this fall season. In last seasons games they had a small percentage of the ball, were generally outplayed but managed to get the goals. For example in Lexington they were losing 2-0 well into the second half, when a thunderstorm broke out lasted for 20 minutes and CESA restarted with 6 starting players on the bench. Bridge scored with a disputable penalty and then equalized. The CESA starters remained on the bench to give the other girls a decent time in the game. However Bridge have been a bogey team for CESA 92 .

The CESA 92G team this season looks even better as one or holes have been plugged. They are now ranked 24 nationally and 8 regionally. Not bad for a team in such disarray.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

the girls decided they liked lacrosse better or something -- at this age, it's not exactly rare to have different interests one day versus the next, let alone one year versus the next.

I hear that!

An off the subject question. When a player goes to IMG what league do they play in? do they fall under FL youth soccer or is it something all together different?

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
S
goal
goal
S
SoccerPOP9194: IMG players are rostered FYSA (Florida Youth Soccer Assoc). and also US Club Soccer. Florida allows dual registration, SC doesn't.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
In reply to 1977..I also have no doubt that Bridge 92 will not score a goal on CESA 92 this fall season. I would also go a step further and guarantee you CESA 92 will not score a goal on Bridge 92 or beat Bridge 92 this fall season. You see 1977, Bridge 92 is not playing a fall season...just tournaments. However, I do think Bridge 93 will give every team in the division a good match this fall.

Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard