Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Chico...you are correct, USCS and USYSA are two different orgs under the USSF. Thus a player, team, club can be registered in both at the same time.

Thus Bridge is able to win the national championships in USCS and compete in SCYSA and USYSA in the other championship series.

S
goal
goal
S
Chico: SC doesn't allow a player to be registered in SC and another state such as FL and play for both clubs. Other states such as FL allow a player to be registered in FL and NC at the same time, while playing for clubs in different states.

S
goal
goal
S
futbol: SC doesn't allow dual state registration. Just in state dual orgs.

S
coach
coach
S
sweet feet: I know I'm being dense...and thank you for helping me understand this...but here's my next question.

By "SC" I take it you mean the SCYSA. Now, the SCYSA, and for that matter its parent the USYSA, by USSF ruling, can't prevent a player or team from being registered with both the SCYSA and USCS.

How can the SCYSA prevent a player from being dual registered with any other USSF-affiliated organization? Is that written into the USYSA rules and regulations that its affiliates have the ability to prevent that (since I know that it's explicitly allowed by the parent USSF organization)?

I'm not trying to be tricky here -- I think you know something that is true and I'm just having trouble grasping it. Thanks for your time on this.

corner kick
corner kick
I can not find that in the FYSA bylaws...infact what I have found seems to state the opposite.

Quote:

203.4 Players must register in the state in which he or she resides with his or her parent(s) or
guardian(s), or in the case of a student in residence at a boarding school, college or university ,
the player may register in the state in which the boarding school, college, or division of the
college or university is located. Any other question of residency may be determined by the state
in which the player registered to vote or holds a current driver’s license.
203.5 Any Youth player wishing to play on a team of a member of a State Association other than the
State Association where the player is registered, must receive written permission from—
1. the State Association where the player is registered;
2. and. the other State Association of the team on which the player whishes to play
3. Permission must be obtained each seasonal year.

specifically on out of state players it seems that the must be released in writing by their state association

Quote:

203.9 FOREIGN AND OUT-OF-STATE PLAYERS:
All New Players twelve (12) years or older registering with FYSA for the 1st time must
comply with the following:
All players coming from another (current year transfer) Youth or Adult State Association or
foreign country must have clearance papers or a release signed by the official registration chairman
or secretary of the foreign association, out of state association, or inter-state release before they are
allowed to register with FYSA, in line with USSF policy 601.6. The FYSA rules listed below
reflect USSF policy as amended on 10/7/2001, and may be revised in the future. FYSA will follow
the current USSF policy.

everything I have found leads me to believe that US youth soccer requires a player to be released by one state in order to play (a full season) in another state

However, I could be interpreting it all wrong!

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
corner kick
corner kick
I have not seen where SCYSA even touches on the subject of dual registration with USSF organizations. The only thng I can find is on affiliated and unaffiliated play...

Quote:

b. UNAFFILIATED PLAY - Any matches, competitions, or events with organizations NOT affiliated
with SCYSA or US Youth Soccer shall be considered unaffiliated play. This does not apply to
international competitions, at home or abroad. SCYSA teams/players are allowed to participate in
unaffiliated play should they choose to do so. No permission is necessary nor any forms required.
SCYSA teams/players choosing to compete in unaffiliated play will NOT be representing SCYSA nor
carrying any SCYSA insurance coverage. See Rules of the South Carolina Youth Soccer Association
regarding restricted/unrestricted tournament insurance coverage.

It says plain as day that players and teams can participate if they choose to do so.

I could be wrong. But thats how I read it.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
S
goal
goal
S
Chico:
SoccerPOP: I am certain that some states allow players to be registered in two states. ie, NC, CA,. SC doesn't allow this.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
How are Lexington and Columbia United looking this year. I saw that they are 0-1 and 1-1. Do they have a shot at competing?

greenacres
S
goal
goal
S
greenacres: CESA has too much. CESA will average 5+ goals a game during the fall season. I would predict more but Rinker dosn't allow the team to run up the score. This team has players that have won three state championships U-11,U-12,U-13. playing togeather. I predict a 4th.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Did this team win the U-11 State Cup as St. Giles or Greenville? I didn't think there was a CESA in 2004.

Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard