Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17
world cup
world cup
SGU, GFC, CSC & Northside......ahhh, the good old days.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Head to head competition?..Not overall records
I predict the game will be well worth seeing and the GIRLS will decide who is the better team on that day

S
goal
goal
S
coldhardtruth: Girls, what girls? The game has already taken place on the message boards with CESA recording the shutout.

S
bench
bench
S
HOBO For a man who does not bet, you picked CESA twice in your postings.
Bridge FA and CESA are two very good teams. This game if CESA advances to the finals (RBC) will be a very good game.

S
goal
goal
S
sockick: Your right, CESA must advance out of their group to play Bridge in what should be an excellent game. Prediction? Also, who is the new talent on Bridge FA and what clubs are they from?

corner kick
corner kick
HOBO For a man who does not bet, you picked CESA twice in your postings.

Yea, but I did not bet. I predicted!!!! I have made a call in to Pearse and he is going to charge $10.00 a person to get into the game, with all the interest now. The game will now be held at Riggs Field in Clemson. He is trying to get ESPN to put it on the teli.

That there is an RV Clark......
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I believe all the girls are homegrown from the Charleston area..I only see three or four new faces

corner kick
corner kick
All kidding aside I think soccer is a great sport for girls and all the girls I have met through soccer, all over the state, have been great kids.

Last edited by Hobo; 09/13/06 12:27 AM.

That there is an RV Clark......
S
bench
bench
S
The new girls are from Charleston, Summerville and Mt Pleasant. I beleive one just moved to the Charleston area.

I also think that soccer is a great sport for girls. I also think it is great that the competition at this age is so strong.

CESA has set a great example for South Carolina and what the Bridge is doing is great for the lowcountry. Columbia is moving in that directions. It allows the more committed and competitive girls and boys an opportunity to play at a higher level. Yet, still allows the ones who want to play classic or just rec to play. The important thing is that we keep the children busy and active.
They give us something to look forward to on the weekends. Before we know it they will be off to college.

Hope to be able to see the games in RBC...

1977 Offline OP
throw in
OP Offline
throw in

Folks...I'm honestly confused. It seems as if "1977" is saying that the core MPSC and Bridge teams have played CESA teams in this age/gender and lost over 90% of the games. And it seems as if "Beezer" is saying that they've played about even -- or roughly 50% of the time either side has won.

Which is it?

Maybe I should leave this topic alone as both the teams have great girls and great parents, and the possible head to head confrontation in the RBC tournament is getting close. All the previous games have been played without any acrimonious events and I am sure this will continue. Some of the girls play on the same teams in ODP and are team mates and friends.

However, I interpret what Beezer is espousing, is that if the situation was reversed and Bridge had been formed two years ago and CESA one year ago the overall score in games played would be more in favor of Bridge 92G Premier than the 1 win in 11 games played in that period. Beezer is certainly entitled to that opinion. However in fairness to all concerned and to help them draw their own conclusions I feel that I have to point out that in the one game which CESA 92 G Premier lost to Bridge, the fouls were drawn and the resulting goals from the free kicks were scored for Bridge by a former starter with the St Giles Wizzmo's/CESA player whose parents had just transferred to Charleston a few weeks before. Did you Beezer take this in account when you came up with your reversal of the actual events?

Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard