bench
S
Greenacres,
Did you see the game?

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I saw the game for a half and saw the other half from a distance...watching two games at once from the hill..Bridge scored first and was pushing the ball up quite well from the start and the momentum changed and CESA got a nice goal which evened things up at half...Second half was not a pretty game..It seemed as if the teams were tiring quite a bit..CESA looked more organized the second half but could not find the back of the net.The two ten minute overtime periods looked hard fought but no one could put it away.
The penalty kicks were decided on the sixth player.
The game could of went either way..Both teams had their chances to win.I have to say that I was most impressed with the fair play between these two teams.I think there is a great deal of respect from everyone involved..Players,Coaches and Parents.
Given the talent that was in this age group...It was nice to see two South Carolina teams play for the championship.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
It is going to be an interesting state cup, from what I saw last weekend in Greenville. There is absolute respect amongst the teams.

S
bench
bench
S
Thanks for the feedback cold hard. Not exactly as I had heard that the game went. Greenacres or anyone else who saw, your perspectives?

C
throw in
throw in
C
soccerislife, it's refreshing for people to notice respect amongst the teams. Hopefully that mutual respect will continue to perpetuate between the clubs and even cross gender lines.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
CESA is not as dominating as previously mentioned. It's going to be nice to see them play again. They are clearly the two top teams in that age group.

Last edited by soccerislife; 09/26/06 04:47 PM.
L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
soccerdude:
I know very little about soccer and have a cesa bias, but I saw the game and it seemed to me that cesa had most of the possession and several near misses, a few that hit the side posts and cross bar. I can't recall if bridge had many chances or any near misses, but I don't think so. (I could be wrong, though, because I do have a tendency to just focus on what the team I'm there to watch is doing.)In my opinion, it looked to me like the cesa team had more threats offensively, but the 2 teams are even enough that future meetings could go either way, depending who is or is not playing at their best, or finishing their chances.

As an aside, I was impressed by the sportsmanship shown by both teams and particularly impressed with the excellent sportsmanship of #11 from the Bridge team. After a tremendous display of skill and speed by one of the extremely talented Cesa players (dribbling almost all the way down the field and through the defense to score Cesa's only goal), #11 for Bridge congratulated the Cesa player on the ensuing kickoff and even gave her a "high 5." They obviously must have known each other from odp or other meetings, but I thought that was remarkable.

I do agree that there does seem to be a level of respect for each other from both teams. I suspect this will be a strong and healthy rivalry for years to come.

world cup
world cup
My heart be still.....did I just read what I thought I read?

Purple & Yellow,......futbol......there is still hope!

A U-14G actually took the initiative to keep the ball and use her skill (and speed) to dribble past the defense to score a goal in a quality match!

Maybe this will become contagious?!?!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
It was a very nice goal...The player dribbled from the right side of the field moving to the left and when she got to around the eighteen her teammates shifted to the right pulling the defense to the right expecting a pass and the left side opened up and she nailed it..Great individual effort through the midfield and smart playmaking from her teammates in the box..
CESA did have more chances to score but there something to be said for defense..Both teams came out of their brackets with two wins and a tie.I am looking forward to the next meeting and the years of soccer that these young women get to play

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Hurst 66:

That's funny! If you ever get the chance, you should watch the cesa u14g premier play. There are about 5 or 6 of them that can dribble and get shots off from all over the place, and seem to LOVE doing it! The future looks bright for girls' soccer.

Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard